Tell us how it was - Ibiza 2022

haha touché! of course some times are better than others, and more memorable and more perfect, but even the times when sound cut out and the DJ had a nightmare or the journey home was chaos, that's all part of what I've signed up for. I had as much fun and laughed and remember the worst sets I've heard as the best ones.

When Jimi Hendrix set his guitar on fire and smashed it up at Montreux, I'm sure few of the people there enjoyed it much, but for sure they are glad they witnessed such an iconic moment in music history.
My point is that hearing the worst set ever from your favourite artist is part of the magic, the sweet is never as sweet without the sour. It is those moments that make the best sets even better.

I once saw The Killers in concert and it was really great, but they were so tight and on it, that it was basically like I was listening to the studio album. I may as well have been.

Last point is that obviously I don't go to events where I know I don't like the music in the first place. why would you? find it funny when people talk about certain DJs playing a bad set every time they see them. lol

I don't get the Monterrey analogy because that was in '67 when LSD was still quite novel and when festivals were more 'innocent' and neither frenzied performers nor kids who had jumped the fence really had a clue what was going on whereas modern Ibiza clubs are cutthroat businesses who market themselves to consumers rather than dirty ravers sadly unable to jump fences. So by the same token those very same 'consumers' will naturally come on here and gripe when they feel a bit ripped off by poor service of any kind, from 60 min sets, to shitty attitudes to deathtrap bottlenecks at iconic clubs. I would understand industry folk getting upset if someone had an obvious vendetta against a certain venue and was maliciously trashing them but it seems to me most people on here are pretty honest with their experiences. Obv when you're paying north of 200-300€ for a night out people on average wages will be fussy. You can only research so much especially when the same Mr Underground DJ who blew your mind in some hackney crack den plays obvious cheddar in the sunshine. The point about the best DJs is that they will fk up sometimes because they take risks ie how they cut their teeth so obv if someone's just playing safe, it will quickly get very boring and people are therefore within their rights to moan if someone is just really lazy playing born slippy or horny or other Tesco Tong hitz.

by the same token those very same 'consumers' will naturally come on here and gripe when they feel a bit ripped off by poor service of any kind, from 60 min sets, to shitty attitudes to deathtrap bottlenecks at iconic clubs
I think it's a sign of the times, no matter what industry you're in. we've become conditioned to jump on the internet and complain at any transgression

And I totally understand. Businesses are reactive and not pro-active. In fact, i often despise that businesses spend so much time dressing wounds online when it would surely be cheaper and more efficient to get the customer service right in the first place. Why do i need to go on twitter and kick up a stink before my issue gets taken seriously? it's a bizarre way to do things. Airlines are amongst the worst culprits for this

Which is kind of why I encourage our users to post their full experiences, including the positives as well as the negative

Most people don't leave reviews for good experiences. Only bad.

I think, generally speaking, we get the balance just right on here - so thank you everyone for your contributions

It's healthy to see where we can improve and it's clear that expectations change generationally

Great review. We’re staying at the Palladium at the end of the month and all I’ve read is great reviews. What is the beach like near the hotel? Busy or some days better than others?
It’s busier Friday - Sunday, was noticeably quieter midweek where I found a nice spot under the shade of a palm tree. The water seems a heck of a lot cleaner than it used to be there too, even had some fish swimming about! The one thing I will say is the pool area at the hotel is very busy and crammed in every day of the week, so you might have to leave your towel there at breakfast 😂

It’s busier Friday - Sunday, was noticeably quieter midweek where I found a nice spot under the shade of a palm tree. The water seems a heck of a lot cleaner than it used to be there too, even had some fish swimming about! The one thing I will say is the pool area at the hotel is very busy and crammed in every day of the week, so you might have to leave your towel there at breakfast 😂
I’ve read that about the pool. Luckily, we’re a couple of beach bums😎

Sunday - Freddies @ pikes for Ruf Dug and Dr Banana. I'd not heard of these before but was keen to try Pikes so feeling fresh on my first full day I decided to give it a shot. I went about 10pm on the early side and felt a little out of place, so I figured I'd finish my vodka, have a wander round and then head to Pyramid at Amnesia. As I was sitting on a wall, a lady came to sit next to me who I was a bit concerned about, so I asked her friends if she was ok, the rest they say is history 😁

sorry my curiosity but what exactly happened after that?🙈

anyway nice review

I never made it to Amnesia 😂 I stayed at Freddie’s, dancing, drinking, laughing and chatting and am now in love with the place😁
I know what you mean. Been there done that! The first time we visited Pikes, we were supposed to continue on to Circo Loco, but never got there. Luckily not, because Harvey took it to the next level and that's when I felt the same way you did and never wanted to leave. 😅

Dates you were there:
Flew it solo from 2nd until 9th of July

Where you stayed:
Vibra Central City Apartments and one night at Los Angeles Apartments. Both nicely located, 5 minutes to Café Mambo and Ibiza Rocks Hotel.

Club nights visited:
Ushuaia for David Guetta and Calvin Harris – The most enjoyable part of the event were the warm-up acts (Acraze and Joel Corry). Could barely move during Guetta and it got mega-hot. Calvin Harris was AMAZING though (I’m a bit biased because he’s my favourite artist). He played a nice variety of his tunes and others too. MK was on before him but only played his best tracks near the end of his set. Disciples were lively but didn’t play any of their tracks strangely.
Becky Hill, Joel Corry and Nathan Dawe pool parties at Ibiza Rocks – Enjoyed them all a lot. Joel was the best for me, but that was maybe because I managed to get up front! The Ibiza Rocks staff were fantastic too!

Best Night:
My man Calvin at Ushuaia for sure!

Worst Night:
Café Mambo on the Wednesday night. Fisher was due to be there for a pre-party to his Hi residency but he didn’t show… (I did get a pic with Solardo who actually showed up 👌)
Also I just felt like I was being pestered by the security all the time for where I was stood at that place which got annoying.

Best Bar:
If the bar at Ibiza Rocks Hotel counts then I’d go with that. I didn’t go to many bars otherwise.

Best place to eat:
Johnny’s Bar did great burgers. I must mention Kitchen 62 over the road as well because my mate raved about it.

Best Beach:
Walked to a little hidden cove called Punta Galera on the west coast about 45 minutes north of San Antonio. Beautiful and peaceful.
The Platja d’en Bossa beach by Ushuaia a pleasure on the eyes too.

Money spent:
Around 900 euros including event tickets and drink. I didn’t each much! (not including flights/accommodation)

Biggest regret:
Being too drunk after the pool parties to make it down to the west end!

Going back:
Unlikely but never say never. (Should make it a hat-trick right?)

Top Tip: Buses are great for solo travel. They were bang on time. I did have a bumpy ride to Ushuaia the first time though!

Observations/conclusion:
So great seeing all the happy faces! Enjoy every minute because it’s over before you know it! Take videos and photos but don’t have your phone glued to your hand all the time!
Having gone with a group of mates previously I didn’t take in as much of the islands beauty as I did solo.
Enjoy the people you share the time with, however brief. Because when you look back on the events you realise how insignificant you are!

Last edited:
Dates you were there:

7-12, with the kid (13), overlapping another family, and also a group of 6 lads

Where you stayed:
Occidental Ibiza (Port D'es Torrent) - rooms great, communal areas horrendous (all inclusive, loud family activities). However, the beds, rooms, etc were fabulous - large showers, sound proof rooms, air conditioning that works. Also drinks at the hotel were cheap - 5 euros for 2 beers, 8 euros for two rum and Cokes
Migjorn PDB - Extended by one day and stayed at the Migjorn - can confirm this is now full of small children with water pistols screeching and annoying people - unlikely to stay there again during July / August, although we have 3 days booked next month for my GF's birthday

Club nights visited:
We weren't supposed to go clubbing, but, ironically, managed to do more than we did in May
StoryTellers at Cova Santa - great vibe, friendly people, child friendly till about 10/11
Pyramid at Amnesia - very, very good - music, space, crowd, production
Camelphat / Cristoph / Solardo at Ushuaia- had to really push the gf to go to this, she hates the venue; but it was full of happy people, lots of space, and music on point. Just hope this doesn't get more popular haha

Best Night:
Pyramid at Amnesia

Worst Night:
None

Best Bar:
Not a fan of bars, but did go to Bianca's in Old Town (typical harbour bar). Went to a bar called Lococo or some such in PDB, the girls there were great, friendly, tons of shooters and cocktails - so I guess that one?

Best place to eat:
Beach house was really good this time round?! Also Calea near the hotel was good

Best Beach:
We found a secret beach with a cliff dive, this was very cool

Money spent:
Umm, too much. Went in trying to do the holiday on the cheap and had the most expensive holiday we've ever had. Not sure where it went wrong

Biggest regret:
Spending way, way too much, and missing the villa parties due to having the kid in tow

Going back:
August 9-11 for the GF's birthday

Top Tip:
Go to the nights that aren't rammo (e.g. Camelphat vs Calvin Harris)

Observations/conclusion:
Everyone was SUPER friendly this time round, and the service was very good everywhere. Not sure if someone has had a word, but it was actually creeping us out how helpful staff were at points...

Also, it seems Carl Cox at DC10 is NOT that busy...?

Anyone that is about and keen to overlap for a surgical strike visit in August, we're likely to be doing Amelie Lens at DC10

Hey, firstly, it sounds like you had a bit of a bad day here, but not sure you can honestly blame the club for spoiling your plans, which has nothing to do with them, neither does the time you decided to go. As for seeing girls walk into the VIP, why does this bother you? especially when you don't even know who they are or why they're there. What if it was the owner's wife and friends, would that annoy you to ?

Sounds like the music wasn't doing anything for you either, not to mention your g/f getting bored. As for the garden making you feel like you're homeless in Blackpool, well each to their own.
It's sad you seem to base your lack of respect for dc10 cos of what seem like personal / individual things that happened.

Regarding failing miserably, the club went through years with very few people and not to mention closures and legal issues. It's a miracle it's still around and survived everything the big clubs has thrown at it. not sure about the reference to es Paradis or 20€ tickets, as not long ago, people loved that dc10 was that cheap.

regarding the garden after midnight, I always think it's the same as every other chill out area of any big club I've been to in the world. if you want something more classy, dc10 is defo not the place and never has been. it's raw, unfiltered, intense clubbing.
mainly though I obviously wish you hadn't felt this way when you went, because, despite as little as you might respect it, dc10 has always tried really hard to make sure people have a good time and enjoy themselves. I think generally you can defo say they have achieved this.

whenever you're back on the island or if you live here, I'd like to invite you down to the club with your friends and hopefully help you have a better experience. Obviously, if you aren't into the music or the crowd that particular night, then wouldn't make sense for you to come anyway.

all the best

Sorry just getting backed to this
There are a lot of questions in your reply but won't answer them all but will at least try to add some clarity

"Sounds like the music wasn't doing anything for you either, not to mention your g/f getting bored" -- We both love tech house... I think the sound system in the Terrace requires you to be stood in one particular spot otherwise it is muffled. I actually notice in the garden that if you stand at the bar the sound is poor in comparison to stood centre back.

"not sure about the reference to es Paradis or 20€ tickets" -- I am guessing it will become a venue that will try to entice people in with a cheap ticket fare.

"dc10 has always tried really hard to make sure people have a good time and enjoy themselves" -- I cannot believe this to be one bit true since I have watched the complaints roll in on their socials about how dangerously over packed the club becomes and of course DC10 prove they really care about this by deleting those comments?.

"whenever you're back on the island or if you live here, I'd like to invite you down to the club" -- That is really kind of you and would like to take you up on that offer. I am likely back in September for a week.

I agree with LOR on dc10's sound system.
Big fan of the clownfests, but lows are always over the top, even outside.

Ear protection is not something I take lightly.
Next to being an audiophile I've been diagnosed with tinnitus.
I'm always surprised to find partygoers in there without ear plugs.

Yesterday I was at tomorrowland. It was a last minute decision (a friend made me an offer I couldn't refuse 🐴). We didn't come to see anyone specific and we visited most of the stages.
Overall it was pretty lame musicwise (it's a fantasy festival after all), but have to say a lot of businesses could learn a few things from the organisation when it comes to setting up a speaker system.
Everywhere I came there was crisp sound, nice dispersion across the floor, all speakers perfect in phase and very few sound clashes with other stages.
Most importantly I didn't need to use ear plugs at all.
Most of the stages were outside, but we ran into a small hard techno room in a permanent building as well.
Today I didn't have any additional symptoms of ear damage whatsoever.

Thank god dc10 will never turn into a disney/tomorrowland, but there's definitely room for sub improvement.
Just make sure to dance your heart out and not the ears.
Looking forward to my next visit mid September.

Dates you were there: 16th - 23rd July

Where you stayed: San Remo in the Bay. Nice clean hotel, great Pool and breakfast each morning was very good. Sea view room and to wake up to that each day was bliss in its self

Club nights visited: Flower Power Pacha

Best night: Pacha was superb and great to explore round the club

Worst night: everything we did was ace and relaxed. After 3 years of waiting we were always having a chilled one with one night out

Best bar: Ken Fan played Beachball in CDM on our last night which was a moment to be honest

BUT on the Sunday after we checked out of our Hotel we went to Pikes for 4 hours…… I coulda stayed there forever. Nothing was to much, we said we was guests, got some drinks and just chilled, swam, chatted with strangers, had a look round. What a place!!

Best place to eat: Orange Corner and Ibiza Rocks Bar/Bar M were great for easy food, always have been. Also had tasty pizzas in a place called Ausonia near the Hotel

Best beach and/or beach club: spent the Day at Cala Bassa and Cala Salada, both gorgeous. And did the Boat to incredible Es Vedra which I haven’t done for a good few Years 😁

Money spent: 1000 between us

Biggest regret: no regrets

Going back?: May next year to take the kids. Our trip with them was cancelled in may at the airport and last 2 years for obvious reasons so will take them in may then me and the mrs will go in July/August for a week with 2 nights at Pikes to start/end the week

Top tip: Water Taxis were handy from outside our hotel to get over to the Harbour. Don’t rely on pre booked taxis to turn up on time or at all really. We were getting nervous yesterday afternoon waiting on our one for the airport, reception booked it at 10am, we needed it for 8pm and it was never confirmed, didn’t turn up

Saw so many people waiting on cabs to PDB for Ushuaia 2/3 different days and they were literally stuck in SA. I said to them to boat to SA and get the buses

Observations and/or conclusion: 19 Years now of visiting the Island and I still love the place. I was hooked on my first trip in 2003 and can’t wait for 20 years next year. It’s special, it’ll always be special. The bug has never left me and I get goosebumps even writing that

The water all around SA was so clear this year, everyone smiling and happy, it felt like it was buzzing this last week

I’ve had trips where I’ve done 6 club nights out of 7….. this was a very different week but possible one of my most favourites 🙂

Last edited:
Dates you were there: A very eventful 9th July-23rd July (trip 1/2)

Where you stayed: 1 week at Ses Savines Apartments, San Antonio. 1 week at Sandos El Greco, Portinatx

Club nights visited: This was my missus' first visit to the island so we did a fair bit of club and genre hopping. Also spent alot more days sunbathing than usual as I saw a lot more daylight! We then had a chilled week in Portinatx to recover which was a great idea...albeit maybe a little too quiet for me. So here goes:

Saturday - Ants @ Ushuaia: A nice easy early night to start with a nice place to settle the mrs in to a week of dancing. I was also looking forward to seeing Joris Voorn b2b Kolsch having seen them both seperately and them both being decent. It turned out George Fitzgerald stole the show for us who played a really cool bouncy set that got everybody going although at one point he played Bicep - Meli and whilst this is a song I love, it was a bit out of the blue and not in keeping with the set. Voorn and Kolsch were a tad disappointing as it got to a point where it was just long build ups and drops it was basically like EDM. We left at 11. The mrs observed she couldnt believe how many fake teeth there were at Ushuaia.

Sunday - Glitterbox @ Hi: This was our worst night as i'd only heard good things and it was the one the mrs was looking forward to the most. Carl Craig was in the theatre and this is the 2nd time iv seen him in Ibiza and I still can't tell you what he plays. I can only describe it as "banging" and not in a good way. The crowd too was a few too many pissed up nobheads. We tried the club room which was musically slightly better but its so dark in there we just didnt enjoy it and gave up about 2.30. Not a good start

Monday - We designated this as a rest day which after the failings of Glitterbox turned out to be a mistake as i'd have loved to be at Circoloco for Keinemusik. We ate at Sa Capella which was a really nice meal in unique settings.

Tuesday - Carl Cox @ DC10: I spoke about this in another thread, simply the best night at DC10 ever. If Carl carried on with the live set i'd still be there now. Sensational.

Wednesday - Ocean Beach and onto Nora en Pure @ Cova Santa (pre-noise complaints): Amazed to say this as I swore I would never go and have Wayne spray cheap champagne at me, but O Beach is actually alright! I was expecting maximum pretentiousness but it was just somewhere else to chill and I enjoyed the jacuzzi and bed and it seemed decent value for money. Met a lovely couple from Essex too who ended up leaving us a few beers. In the past I would slag the place off but if someone came to me now I would say it's not as bad as you think! We got to Cova Santa at 10pm for 2 hours of Nora and she was superb

Thursday - Shine @ Eden: Started well with George McCauley warming the crowd up and eventually Fila (who we met at Cova Santa the night before) who I always enjoy as he puts a trance spin on some recent tunes. E.g I enjoyed Argy - Tataki while the mrs enjoyed a Camelphat one. Decent night but the music was far too loud and I think we should have done Afterlife.

Friday - Clockwork @ Amnesia: I wasn't sure what to expect with this but absolutely loved it! The old skool tunes and great buzz combined with not actually being the youngest in there was ace to be part of. When Seb Fontaine played Insomnia I actually got goosebumps! Great vibe all night.

Saturday we travelled to Portinatx

Sunday - Solomun @ Pacha: This was my night and I loved Adriatique, we only stayed for an hour of Solomun as we were flagging at this point but I will see him at Destino soooon.

Best night: Best club night all things considered...probably Clockwork! We also hired a boat one night and moored outside Mambo, the sunset going down as they played Pink Floyd - Comfortably Numb which is a song that means alot to me personally was magically emotional and will stay with me forever

Worst night: Glitterbox, by far

Best bar: Bay Bar is my favourite in San An. We really enjoyed the little bar in the centre of Las Dalias too.

Best place to eat: The Pikes Sunday roast needs a mention but the best place was La Ciguena in Portinatx. Amazing food at a good price. Food at the hotel Sandos El Greco was bang on too.

Best beach and/or beach club: Cala D'en Serra and Cala Xuclar were cool but a bit too rocky for me (must pack sea shoes next time). The sunset at El Portixol really nice too, but my favourite was just outside the hotel at San An. The water is so clear there.

Money spent: Oof nearly 3 grand I think

Biggest regret: I really enjoyed Pikes in the day so would like to go back for a night party. We met the poolside DJ who was a girl called Briony from Australia and we wanted to stay for her set but ended up leaving. Also not going to Akasha in week 2 but just didn't have the legs.

Going back?: In 2 weeks today with the lads. Will be a heavier trip for sure.

Top tip: Having a week to recover in Ibiza is wonderful if you can stick to it. The all inclusive helped too!

Observations and/or conclusion: The taxis and the pills really hit and miss this year. I understand the taxi companies simply don't have enough drivers (or that's what I was told anyway) but we waited for 2 hours after Cova Santa as 1 turned up every 15 mins or so. Other times they were there in seconds though! Some pills where really clean and I was absolutely flying but some did nothing but make me feel sad after a few hours.

This was a one-off kind of trip really as we spent alot of the time with our 2 best friends who had decided to get married 5 weeks before we arrived on the island. It was also to show off the magic of the island to my mrs to make her want to come back, and now she wants to go every year so mission accomplished. But next time we will pick our club nights more wisely and probably do a lot less!

I like reading these, so I thought I would add my own little review....

Dates you were there: 14th - 18th July (originally +2 extra nights to the 20th July!). Flight home to Luton got cancelled due to the airport at home melting in the extreme heat. Very stressful. We saw on the app late afternoon that Luton had closed for a few hours but that our flight was only delayed 2 hours. Got to airport, said delayed till 2.45am...about right...then around midnight it pops up CANCELLED! The thing that infuriated us was that they knew at 9pm that there was a very good chance the flight was getting cancelled but we still had to go the airport...go through the system. Waste of time. For us, it was a nightmare as we had our 4 year old daughter at home, but other people in the queue were buzzing that they were getting 2 extra nights in Ibiza! (no flights home till the Wednesday). The lack of support or information from Easyjet was shocking...

Where you stayed: Migjorn Ibiza Suites & Spa, PDB. Absolutely epic and would stay here again in a heartbeat. Missus sat by the pool all day every day, under the shade, proper chilled out. Music was bang on for what you want during the day, pretty loud, but not intrusive. I recommend booking direct with the hotel as it gives you a point of contact to ask questions, I asked for the best suite they had with a pool view and this was accommodated! Best hotel I have stayed in in Ibiza.

When our flight got cancelled we had to book 2 nights somewhere else, Easyjet were saying you could spend up to £300 per person per night...so £1200! I was nervous about this, in case it was hard getting the money back, so decided to shoot over to San An where hotels were cheaper. The taxi dropped us off right outside the revamped Piscis Park...now a Vibra hotel. Due to the stress of it all and needing a room at 1.30am...we opted to stay here. The phase 'polished turd' springs to mind! £420 for 2 nights. Room smelt a bit, had to move to another one...to give the hotel the benefit of the doubt I will put my bad first impressions down to my mood at the time! Loads of noise late at night, going from soundproofed Migjorn to the opposite here was a shock to the system...never again.

Club nights visited: Clockwork Orange @ Amnesia, Glitterbox @ Hi.

Best night: Glitterbox for me...although both nights were heavy on the retro tunes. I tried to convince the missus to do Black Coffee...but it was probably a wise choice to do Glitterbox overall.

Worst night: Both good, glad we left Clockwork when we did (3am ish) as we heard horror stories of taxi queues at the end...

Best bar: Stuck our heads in Paradise Lost in Ibiza town, cool place. Probably a bit early in the night to get the full vibe though. Base Bar in the port was good for a bit of people watching...

Best place to eat: Ciao Ciao in Bossa, right next door to our hotel and reasonable good quality food. Also had a great meal at La Plaza in Ibiza town...nice to watch the street performers and musicians...the kind of thing I want when I go to Ibiza town.

Best beach and/or beach club: Didnt go to the beach at all on this trip, missus not a fan. I had a wander up and down PDB a few times!

Money spent: Probably£1500 spending money for the original 4 days....not including the additional hotel and flights home! Migjorn was £1200 for 4 nights, which is good value.

Biggest regret: flying Easyjet.

Going back?: Oh yeah. Got flights and hotel booked for the Kevin and Perry event in September....however, I am now having doubts following the 'getting home' problems this time. Missus has said she is definitely not going (doesn't want to leave the little one again), so it's either solo or not at all! Cant change the name on the flight tickets, so cant even take a mate which is annoying...

Top tip: This year, with the taxi problems, always wait and queue in the proper taxi ranks...the queue might look long, but they move quicker. And an obvious one, but for newbies this is very useful, take your own booze onto the rocks at Mambos! You can still have a little tear-jerker moment if you are in the right frame of mind at sunset!

Back