Tell us how it was - Ibiza 2022

Some interesting facts (i'll have a listen to Lilly palmer at amnesia) upon ur review but saying that o beach is shit while sayin music on with Marco Carola is superb, is a non sense.
Some spanish djs (Luis Del villar BCN + ibicenco Felix Da FUNK ) i follow play at obeach this friday (Other still play nice House Tom Crane, Grant Collins) i have more respect for thenm by billion,than Marco Carola, overrated dj n boring...worship by mass people

I honestly have so much to say after my 2 weeks in Paradise and really quite some interesting observations too

Dates you were there:
31st May - 14th June and I now have discovered two weeks isn't long enough

Where you stayed:
The White Apartments San Antonio port - This is my second time here and we got the same room. Bloody brilliant having a large spacious apartment with super king size bed, plenty of storage and all working appliances including iron and board. Service we received and overall value for money in my opinion you cannot beat it for the location. We brought along ear plugs which helped massively as road traffic and 6am noise can get a bit much which was a game changer.

Worth mentioning too was we had a 125cc scooter for 13 days which was discounted due to long rent. Be sure to shop about though as you should be paying roughly 20/25 euro a day oh and please avoid cooltra!

Club nights visited:

Pacha Music on - as always this night delivers without fail. However the warm up acts Lauren Lane and Luciano were not exactly that great. Marco was night and day difference in performance and the crowd at 6am were dancing like it was 1am.

Pacha in my opinion also is by far the best club on the island no question about it. Best sound system it manages to be perfectly clear without being too loud almost as if you are wearing headphones, perfectly airconditioned room all night a real modern club with two superb chillout spots in the garden loads of clean toilets never a wait and the most friendly security and bar staff. Now that they have opened up some of the VIP spots helps with bottle necks meaning you can move around a packed night club very easily and can find perfect spots to enjoy the music without interruption.

Amnesia K&P 20 yr special - this was an ok night just a bit cool to mix up the nights out. Crowd before and after Judge Jules were flat in my opinion and it lacked any real buzz all night. The old school music while cool to hear tunes you haven't listened to in so long turns out were not exactly that great to dance to or lets say took you on a journey.

DC10 Solid Grooves opening - This was also an ok night nothing special here. To announce on the day an early start to try and create some panic was annoying along with the 'accidental' leak that marco carola was the special did hack me off. Because it spoilt our evening plans of arriving at 11pm but instead worried of queues we arrived at 7pm and it was completely dead. To add to my annoyance I had to sit and look at stush females walk straight from the entrance to the VIP area like they had paid their dues and you know they probably been sliding into DM's.

Music wise it all became very mono in both the terrace and main I genuinely did struggle. The girlfriend started getting very bored too and what was the nail in the coffin for us even though we really wanted to stay until the end was the garden as a chill out spot. It makes you feel like you are on some back street ally in the centre of Blackpool slumped up in a dark corner homeless and so you start questioning what you are doing with your life. Funny enough I was actually sat next to a couple of girls from Geordie Shore at 5am which was the kicker and so we left.

I now am finding it ever so hard to even respect DC10 as a venue and I think they have that place totally wrong and I hand on heart believe it is going to fail miserably at some point. It will be the new Es Paradis 20euro a ticket. Garden is a dive after midnight, toilets are as bad, security make the terrace even more busier than it needs to be and the sound system in the terrace needs the lows pulled right back

Amnesia Pyramid opening - Lilly Palmers 2hr set was quite possibly one of if not the best live set I have ever experienced and this is saying something considering the music completely cut out due to a tech fault right in the peak!! But this did not put her off her stride she managed to come back from that and still deliver one rollercoaster ride of hopes and dreams. Her track choice was dynamic I can honestly say each track sounded so different to the next. The sound in the main room was perfect you could pick out all the detail which given what she was playing was so important and then the system punched when the time was right. The lights in the ceiling dropping down and retracting just added to how wonky it got in there. The crowd were just going wild for it too I ended up having to get some fresh air afterwards because I was sweating so much!.

We returned for Adam Beyer which was a bit more dark and hard hitting. Also the ice cannon fired at times which I needed so badly!!

Villalobos in the Terrace at 0430 was a bit of a weird atmosphere. Quite the contrast music wise going from the main which is a good thing but when your amped up its hard to go so chill. His set didn't do it for me and the terrace was also half full and just a little too chill. We called it at night at 0500

Pyramid is also a LGBT night for sure though I don't believe it is advertised as such. A lot of gay guys there and then there were performers on the stage in full on bondage.

Ocean Beach Hotbed - I don't really have much to say other than I now realise OB is all a great big fad. Whilst the venue is overall very well designed I have noticed the service isn't as good as it was pre pandemic and for sure the food has gone down hill. As the day proceeds you find there really isn't much of a build up to anything worth going for because the DJ's are literally wedding performers and the dance area is all a bit shit. Me and the girlfriend really tried to dance and enjoy it after about 8pm but it was completely dire it was just all so very pretentious. To top it all off I had some jumped up moody teenager walk clean straight into me nose to nose expecting me to move out of his way while I was clearly dancing which I of course refused and forced him to walk around me which he ended up with no choice in doing. For then him and his mate to to proceed to stand starring at me and calling me a 'waste man'. What they didn't realise was my girlfriend clearly heard them and isn't one to mess with so she actually ended up scaring them off!! funny though that they see me at Solid Grooves opening which of course they would attend that sort of event, and actually one of them came up and sincerely apologised which I told him I whole heartedly accept and I respect him for doing so and that in no way should they be bringing that attitude to Ibiza no one is about that here.

Best night:
It has to be music on, Pacha but I want to shout out Lilly Palmer again for being such a real stand out. Her set was full of energy and emotion a fire breathing 2hr masterclass set that when it did finish you were left some what disappointed. It got you questioning how did 2hrs pass so quickly.

Worst night:
Ocean Beach Hotbed / DC10 Solid Grooves opening

Best bar:

Best place to eat:
Shout out to Mint / Kumharas / Pikes Roast / Dalt Villa ( I wouldn't chose and so fit them all in!)

Best beach and/or beach club:
Shout out to Cala Gracio / Bora Bora / Cala Bassa / Cala Benirras / Ses Salinas / Es Canar / Cala Llonga / Cala Salada / Cala Tarida / Cala Vedella

The best had to be out of Cala Gracio, Cala Tarida (secret cove to the right) and Cala Vedella

Money spent:
Roughly £2800

Biggest regret:
Didn't have an afternoon where I just sat and drank at a bar / Mambo rocks with a handful of beers for sunset

Going back?:
in August or September

Top tip:
You don't need to go to a club every single night. Hire transport and enjoy the island

Observations and/or conclusion:
1. There are significantly more females to males
2. Numbers are still not where they need to be
3. Airport has had some money spent on it during the pandemic (didn't present proof of booster to anyone)
4. Bins need to be placed around Mambo to try entice people throwing their fags all over the ground. Or someone employed to fire a paintball gun at anyone spotted tossing spent fags on the ground with no respect.
Great review LOR, and absolutely a pleasure to meet your lovely lady! (And it was great to feel these famous muscles!)

Slightly disagree with you on Solid Grooves…I thought it was superb (although that may be different tastes) - they probably won’t be able to do a circo every week type thing in the garden but I thought it was nicely busy.

Pyramid seems to have risen up to be a good night.

I’m off to Pacha for the first time tonight since reforms so I’ll see what goes down.

Hope you find a decent place for August! Good luck! In terms of your comment, I think June has been the busiest I’ve ever seen it (certainly in terms of club attendance)…

Give my kind regards to your burd.

Let us know if u enjoyedBedouin, they disapoint me last sets ive seen them (Ushuaia, Heart)
ps:the black shuttles in front of Heart ibz at the end,is the after party shuttle, don't know if they do it again in front of pacha (i ve talked to some french bound to djs close to Bedouin, but didnt succeed to get on the list)

Some interesting facts (i'll have a listen to Lilly palmer at amnesia) upon ur review but saying that o beach is shit while sayin music on with Marco Carola is superb, is a non sense.
Some spanish djs (Luis Del villar BCN + ibicenco Felix Da FUNK ) i follow play at obeach this friday (Other still play nice House Tom Crane, Grant Collins) i have more respect for thenm by billion,than Marco Carola, overrated dj n boring...worship by mass people
What are you on about? It’s their own opinion backed up by some personal experience. You’re well out of order calling what they say nonsense.

Where I noticed it was flights out and back, sunset strip, all the beaches, OB, Ibiza town, Restaurants.
Nights out it was 50/50
I can’t really say about the clubs as I’m yet to have to go out properly but I did notice more women too, especially in groups, on the beaches, restaurants, bar and paseando in the streets generally

U are peaky when u ve done hundred of ibz parties last 3years and hard to please
I have no issue saying that dj was good AT this party and not good AT other ,eg I liké Louie Vega but ive already attend 1boring set from him..
Same For Roger Sanchez Some neat set, some shitty set too
I m always amaze when seeing people Enjoying some Sound i find very "flat"
PS:don t forget i m forthcoming drummer/musician and former rock addict ,i Can satisfy myself with poor sound
the bro of Charlie Sexton for few rock addicts here, thelma and louise's wink for mass people

Last edited:
I honestly have so much to say after my 2 weeks in Paradise and really quite some interesting observations too

Dates you were there:
31st May - 14th June and I now have discovered two weeks isn't long enough

Where you stayed:
The White Apartments San Antonio port - This is my second time here and we got the same room. Bloody brilliant having a large spacious apartment with super king size bed, plenty of storage and all working appliances including iron and board. Service we received and overall value for money in my opinion you cannot beat it for the location. We brought along ear plugs which helped massively as road traffic and 6am noise can get a bit much which was a game changer.

Worth mentioning too was we had a 125cc scooter for 13 days which was discounted due to long rent. Be sure to shop about though as you should be paying roughly 20/25 euro a day oh and please avoid cooltra!

Club nights visited:

Pacha Music on - as always this night delivers without fail. However the warm up acts Lauren Lane and Luciano were not exactly that great. Marco was night and day difference in performance and the crowd at 6am were dancing like it was 1am.

Pacha in my opinion also is by far the best club on the island no question about it. Best sound system it manages to be perfectly clear without being too loud almost as if you are wearing headphones, perfectly airconditioned room all night a real modern club with two superb chillout spots in the garden loads of clean toilets never a wait and the most friendly security and bar staff. Now that they have opened up some of the VIP spots helps with bottle necks meaning you can move around a packed night club very easily and can find perfect spots to enjoy the music without interruption.

Amnesia K&P 20 yr special - this was an ok night just a bit cool to mix up the nights out. Crowd before and after Judge Jules were flat in my opinion and it lacked any real buzz all night. The old school music while cool to hear tunes you haven't listened to in so long turns out were not exactly that great to dance to or lets say took you on a journey.

DC10 Solid Grooves opening - This was also an ok night nothing special here. To announce on the day an early start to try and create some panic was annoying along with the 'accidental' leak that marco carola was the special did hack me off. Because it spoilt our evening plans of arriving at 11pm but instead worried of queues we arrived at 7pm and it was completely dead. To add to my annoyance I had to sit and look at stush females walk straight from the entrance to the VIP area like they had paid their dues and you know they probably been sliding into DM's.

Music wise it all became very mono in both the terrace and main I genuinely did struggle. The girlfriend started getting very bored too and what was the nail in the coffin for us even though we really wanted to stay until the end was the garden as a chill out spot. It makes you feel like you are on some back street ally in the centre of Blackpool slumped up in a dark corner homeless and so you start questioning what you are doing with your life. Funny enough I was actually sat next to a couple of girls from Geordie Shore at 5am which was the kicker and so we left.

I now am finding it ever so hard to even respect DC10 as a venue and I think they have that place totally wrong and I hand on heart believe it is going to fail miserably at some point. It will be the new Es Paradis 20euro a ticket. Garden is a dive after midnight, toilets are as bad, security make the terrace even more busier than it needs to be and the sound system in the terrace needs the lows pulled right back

Amnesia Pyramid opening - Lilly Palmers 2hr set was quite possibly one of if not the best live set I have ever experienced and this is saying something considering the music completely cut out due to a tech fault right in the peak!! But this did not put her off her stride she managed to come back from that and still deliver one rollercoaster ride of hopes and dreams. Her track choice was dynamic I can honestly say each track sounded so different to the next. The sound in the main room was perfect you could pick out all the detail which given what she was playing was so important and then the system punched when the time was right. The lights in the ceiling dropping down and retracting just added to how wonky it got in there. The crowd were just going wild for it too I ended up having to get some fresh air afterwards because I was sweating so much!.

We returned for Adam Beyer which was a bit more dark and hard hitting. Also the ice cannon fired at times which I needed so badly!!

Villalobos in the Terrace at 0430 was a bit of a weird atmosphere. Quite the contrast music wise going from the main which is a good thing but when your amped up its hard to go so chill. His set didn't do it for me and the terrace was also half full and just a little too chill. We called it at night at 0500

Pyramid is also a LGBT night for sure though I don't believe it is advertised as such. A lot of gay guys there and then there were performers on the stage in full on bondage.

Ocean Beach Hotbed - I don't really have much to say other than I now realise OB is all a great big fad. Whilst the venue is overall very well designed I have noticed the service isn't as good as it was pre pandemic and for sure the food has gone down hill. As the day proceeds you find there really isn't much of a build up to anything worth going for because the DJ's are literally wedding performers and the dance area is all a bit shit. Me and the girlfriend really tried to dance and enjoy it after about 8pm but it was completely dire it was just all so very pretentious. To top it all off I had some jumped up moody teenager walk clean straight into me nose to nose expecting me to move out of his way while I was clearly dancing which I of course refused and forced him to walk around me which he ended up with no choice in doing. For then him and his mate to to proceed to stand starring at me and calling me a 'waste man'. What they didn't realise was my girlfriend clearly heard them and isn't one to mess with so she actually ended up scaring them off!! funny though that they see me at Solid Grooves opening which of course they would attend that sort of event, and actually one of them came up and sincerely apologised which I told him I whole heartedly accept and I respect him for doing so and that in no way should they be bringing that attitude to Ibiza no one is about that here.

Best night:
It has to be music on, Pacha but I want to shout out Lilly Palmer again for being such a real stand out. Her set was full of energy and emotion a fire breathing 2hr masterclass set that when it did finish you were left some what disappointed. It got you questioning how did 2hrs pass so quickly.

Worst night:
Ocean Beach Hotbed / DC10 Solid Grooves opening

Best bar:

Best place to eat:
Shout out to Mint / Kumharas / Pikes Roast / Dalt Villa ( I wouldn't chose and so fit them all in!)

Shout out to Cala Gracio / Bora Bora / Cala Bassa / Cala Benirras / Ses Salinas / Es Canar / Cala Llonga / Cala Salada / Cala Tarida / Cala Vedella

The best had to be out of Cala Gracio, Cala Tarida (secret cove to the right) and Cala Vedella

Money spent:
Roughly £2800

Biggest regret:
Didn't have an afternoon where I just sat and drank at a bar / Mambo rocks with a handful of beers for sunset

Going back?:
in August or September

Top tip:
You don't need to go to a club every single night. Hire transport and enjoy the island

1. There are significantly more females to males
2. Numbers are still not where they need to be
3. Airport has had some money spent on it during the pandemic (didn't present proof of booster to anyone)
4. Bins need to be placed around Mambo to try entice people throwing their fags all over the ground. Or someone employed to fire a paintball gun at anyone spotted tossing spent fags on the ground with no respect.
Nice review Lof👌…fair one for leaving solid grooves when you were sat next to anyone from Geordie Shore - thats enough to put anyone off!:lol:

Nice review Lof👌…fair one for leaving solid grooves when you were sat next to anyone from Geordie Shore - thats enough to put anyone off!:lol:
I thought that🤣🤣 they are as rough as!

Also chet from ex in the beach was there with his chavy clothing brand faded

Dates you were there:
8th June - 18th June (first three nights on a stag do, recovery night, then six nights with my girlfriend) Having visited in 2006, 2007, 2014, this was my fourth time in Ibiza, but my first time back in eight years!

Where you stayed:

Vibra Bossa Flow, Playa d'en Bossa (stag do part)

Basic hotel did the trick for a stag do. Good location a few minutes walk from the beach. Pretty good value for money.

Hotel Mirador de Dalt Vila, Ibiza Town (2 nights)

Lovely, superb location next to Dalt Vila, great room with a sea view.

Private villa at Hotel Can Jaume (4 nights)

Wanted to stay somewhere peaceful for the last part of the trip, yet close enough to Ibiza Town and the clubs by taxi. The villas are for two people. These are a good option – combine the benefits of staying in a villa with those of a hotel. And they have hot tubs on the roof! Food was nice, great breakfast.

Club nights visited:

Rhadoo opening, Ibiza Underground (Thurs 9th June)

It was toss up between this or Solid Grooves opening at DC10. First time at Underground – loved the venue. There was a big group of us and we had a fun night. Music was pretty good, though I must say I don’t find Rhadoo that exciting – the minimal techno he plays doesn’t seem to have moved on that much from the c.2005 – 2009 days. The crowd was good however it wasn’t very busy and could have done with more people. I imagine though that when it goes off at Underground it’s pretty special.

Solomun, Destino (Fri 10th June)

Great venue, much prefer it to Ushuaia. Lively atmosphere. Busy. It seemed though that there were more ‘VIP’ areas than when I last visited in 2014 (ie directly behind the pool facing the stage). I missed the support acts but enjoyed Solomun – generally a strong set, with only a few dodgy tunes. Very enjoyable evening.

Do Not Sleep, Amnesia (Fri 10th June)

Music wasn’t bad, Kobosil played a good techno set (though it felt slightly out of place amidst the tech-house on the rest of the billing). Unfortunately, it wasn’t very busy so lacked buzz – the curtain was up in the terrace sectioning off an area. Maybe because it’s early season.

WooMoon (Sun 12th June)

Popped into this for a couple of hours really just to check it out before Pyramid. First time I’ve been to Cova Santa. Cool venue and some nice production touches. Definitely more hippy-house events than when I last visited the island…

Pyramid Opening, Amnesia (Sun 12th June)

Great night. We arrived too late for the music in the outside area. Four Tet played an excellent set on the terrace, typically versatile; I caught moments of Beyer in the main room, which seemed to be banging all night. I only caught the first 30 mins or so of Villalobos but it was fun – dropped some classics. Imagine he went more esoteric as the night went on. Gutted to have missed Lilly Palmers’ set as by reports it was excellent. Production values and the dancers were great, with a sci-fi fetishy vibe going on. Busy enough for a great atmosphere but with plenty of room to dance.

Tenax, Pikes (Wed 15th June)

After dinner at Pamelas we checked this out for a while. First time at Pikes and loved the venue. Music was good and it was getting busy, Italian contingent out in force, but we left 1.30ish as we’d pre-booked tickets to Pacha. Looking forward to revisiting Pikes on the next trip for a full night!

Bedouin, Pacha (Wed 15th June)

Caught most of Bonobo – not bad, chilled set. Bedouin were OK. New layout of Pacha works well in that you can walk right across the balcony area and find a spot to dance with a good view. Is the outdoor area (that had the giant wineglass) no longer there since Pacha was redone? It wasn’t open this night anyway… Was a good level of busy but thinned out slightly from 5ish.

Boho, Beachouse (Thus 16th June) Had dinner first. Food was good. Crowd was too Instagram. Puts me off Tulum if this is what it’s like.

Calvin Harris, Ushuaïa – (Friday 17th June) Girlfriend wanted to go to this. Thought he would play housier stuff, a la his Love Regenerator moniker, however this was a crowd-pleaser set, in which he played pretty much all of his poppy commercial hits, with a few housier tunes in between. Was very busy and had to wait 30 mins for (obscenely priced) drinks. Crowd was a mixed bag as you might expect from such a mainstream name.

Best night: Pyramid Opening

Worst night: Boho at Beachouse. There was no room to dance on the dancefloor in front of the booth, whereas on the sand there was little to no dancing. The main reason, however, was the crowd, which felt very poseur and Eurotrash. I can see though that on a different night Beachouse could be a fun venue.

And Calvin Harris musically was not for me.

Best bar:

Visited Paradise Lost in Ibiza Town for the first time, great little bar!

Best place to eat:

Had great meals at Pamelas at Pikes (big portions, nice cocktails!), Amante (stunning location), La Torre (same, lovely for the sunset), Casa Maca, El Carmen (Cala D’Hort), La Torreta (Old Town).

When we were in Bossa we also had tasty meals at Mumak and Los Parasoles. Nice pizza at Ciao Ciao.

Went to Lio. The show was pretty fun, very camp indeed. The food was nice enough, nothing special. The service felt slightly rushed so you spend more. As you know, after the show Lio becomes a club night, though you need to have met your minimum spend before leaving the table and joining the dance floor (ie you can’t continue your tab by buying drinks throughout the club night) I appreciate this is probably because in practice it could be tricky to monitor, however it is slightly annoying that in effect you’re stuck at your table and can’t join the action until you’ve made the minimum spend (which depending on what you’ve ordered, particularly if you haven’t ordered wine, can take a lot of extra drinks!)

On this, my fourth trip, I finally made it over to Formentera for a day - Ses Illetes is an idyllic beach, and Es Pujols is also very pretty. Would have liked to have spent a night or two on the island.

We of course also did Salinas (Sa Trinxa is always a must for me), as well as Cala Llonga, Playa D’en Bossa, and, for the first time for me, Cala D’Hort, so I’ve finally seen Es Vedrà.

Money spent: Would rather not know!

Biggest regret: That I’ve still never made it to the North of the island!

Going back?: Of course.

Top tip:

This is the second trip we’ve rented speed boats – if you’re in a big group it doesn't have to be too pricey and it’s always such a fun day, can play your own tunes, drink, go round the different bays.

Do go to Ibiza for a bit longer if you're able to so you can factor in more relaxation time!

It can be easier said than done, but on a packed night leave early to get a taxi. We had to queue 1 hour 40 minutes after Solomun at Destino to get a taxi, which was a buzz kill to say the least.

And, naturally, leave enough time to get a taxi when you’re at more remote places. We were enjoying Cala D’Hort so much on our final evening we made it to the bag-drop at the airport by the skin of our teeth… Perhaps because it’s early season, but it felt like the wait for taxis was slightly longer than my experience in previous visits.

Apparently the quality of street pills this season so far is not as good as in previous years…

We were slightly early in the season, so a couple of the events weren’t as busy as they could/should have been. For me later in June/early September are the best times to visit – clubs busy enough for atmosphere yet pretty easy to get restaurant bookings with a little forward planning.

Now Glastonbury in a few days! 😵‍💫🤯🥴 Better get some sleep...

Last edited:
Dates you were there:
8th June - 18th June (first three nights on a stag do, recovery night, then six nights with my girlfriend) Having visited in 2006, 2007, 2014, this was my fourth time in Ibiza, but my first time back in eight years!

Where you stayed:

Vibra Bossa Flow, Playa d'en Bossa (stag do part)

Basic hotel did the trick for a stag do. Good location a few minutes walk from the beach. Pretty good value for money.

Hotel Mirador de Dalt Vila, Ibiza Town (2 nights)

Lovely, superb location next to Dalt Vila, great room with a sea view.

Private villa at Hotel Can Jaume (4 nights)

Wanted to stay somewhere peaceful for the last part of the trip, yet close enough to Ibiza Town and the clubs by taxi. The villas are for two people. These are a good option – combine the benefits of staying in a villa with those of a hotel. And they have hot tubs on the roof! Food was nice, great breakfast.

Club nights visited:

Rhadoo opening, Ibiza Underground (Thurs 9th June)

It was toss up between this or Solid Grooves opening at DC10. First time at Underground – loved the venue. There was a big group of us and we had a fun night. Music was pretty good, though I must say I don’t find Rhadoo that exciting – the minimal techno he plays doesn’t seem to have moved on that much from the c.2005 – 2009 days. The crowd was good however it wasn’t very busy and could have done with more people. I imagine though that when it goes off at Underground it’s pretty special.

Solomun, Destino (Fri 10th June)

Great venue, much prefer it to Ushuaia. Lively atmosphere. Busy. It seemed though that there were more ‘VIP’ areas than when I last visited in 2014 (ie directly behind the pool facing the stage). I missed the support acts but enjoyed Solomun – generally a strong set, with only a few dodgy tunes. Very enjoyable evening.

Do Not Sleep, Amnesia (Fri 10th June)

Music wasn’t bad, Kobosil played a good techno set (though it felt slightly out of place amidst the tech-house on the rest of the billing). Unfortunately, it wasn’t very busy so lacked buzz – the curtain was up in the terrace sectioning off an area. Maybe because it’s early season.

WooMoon (Sun 12th June)

Popped into this for a couple of hours really just to check it out before Pyramid. First time I’ve been to Cova Santa. Cool venue and some nice production touches. Definitely more hippy-house events than when I last visited the island…

Pyramid Opening, Amnesia (Sun 12th June)

Great night. We arrived too late for the music in the outside area. Four Tet played an excellent set on the terrace, typically versatile; I caught moments of Beyer in the main room, which seemed to be banging all night. I only caught the first 30 mins or so of Villalobos but it was fun – dropped some classics. Imagine he went more esoteric as the night went on. Gutted to have missed Lilly Palmers’ set as by reports it was excellent. Production values and the dancers were great, with a sci-fi fetishy vibe going on. Busy enough for a great atmosphere but with plenty of room to dance.

Tenax, Pikes (Wed 15th June)

After dinner at Pamelas we checked this out for a while. First time at Pikes and loved the venue. Music was good and it was getting busy, Italian contingent out in force, but we left 1.30ish as we’d pre-booked tickets to Pacha. Looking forward to revisiting Pikes on the next trip for a full night!

Bedouin, Pacha (Wed 15th June)

Caught most of Bonobo – not bad, chilled set. Bedouin were OK. New layout of Pacha works well in that you can walk right across the balcony area and find a spot to dance with a good view. Is the outdoor area (that had the giant wineglass) no longer there since Pacha was redone? It wasn’t open this night anyway… Was a good level of busy but thinned out slightly from 5ish.

Boho, Beachouse (Thus 16th June) Had dinner first. Food was good. Crowd was too Instagram. Puts me off Tulum if this is what it’s like.

Calvin Harris, Ushuaïa – (Friday 17th June) Girlfriend wanted to go to this. Thought he would play housier stuff, a la his Love Regenerator moniker, however this was a crowd-pleaser set, in which he played pretty much all of his poppy commercial hits, with a few housier tunes in between. Was very busy and had to wait 30 mins for (obscenely priced) drinks. Crowd was a mixed bag as you might expect from such a mainstream name.

Best night: Pyramid Opening

Worst night: Boho at Beachouse. There was no room to dance on the dancefloor in front of the booth, whereas on the sand there was little to no dancing. The main reason, however, was the crowd, which felt very poseur and Eurotrash. I can see though that on a different night Beachouse could be a fun venue.

And Calvin Harris musically was not for me.

Best bar:

Visited Paradise Lost in Ibiza Town for the first time, great little bar!

Best place to eat:

Had great meals at Pamelas at Pikes (big portions, nice cocktails!), Amante (stunning location), La Torre (same, lovely for the sunset), Casa Maca, El Carmen (Cala D’Hort), La Torreta (Old Town).

When we were in Bossa we also had tasty meals at Mumak and Los Parasoles. Nice pizza at Ciao Ciao.

Went to Lio. The show was pretty fun, very camp indeed. The food was nice enough, nothing special. The service felt slightly rushed so you spend more. As you know, after the show Lio becomes a club night, though you need to have met your minimum spend before leaving the table and joining the dance floor (ie you can’t continue your tab by buying drinks throughout the club night) I appreciate this is probably because in practice it could be tricky to monitor, however it is slightly annoying that in effect you’re stuck at your table and can’t join the action until you’ve made the minimum spend (which depending on what you’ve ordered, particularly if you haven’t ordered wine, can take a lot of extra drinks!)

On this, my fourth trip, I finally made it over to Formentera for a day - Ses Illetes is an idyllic beach, and Es Pujols is also very pretty. Would have liked to have spent a night or two on the island.

We of course also did Salinas (Sa Trinxa is always a must for me), as well as Cala Llonga, Playa D’en Bossa, and, for the first time for me, Cala D’Hort, so I’ve finally seen Es Vedrà.

Money spent: Would rather not know!

Biggest regret: That I’ve still never made it to the North of the island!

Going back?: Of course.

Top tip:

This is the second trip we’ve rented speed boats – if you’re in a big group it doesn't have to be too pricey and it’s always such a fun day, can play your own tunes, drink, go round the different bays.

Do go to Ibiza for a bit longer if you're able to so you can factor in more relaxation time!

It can be easier said than done, but on a packed night leave early to get a taxi. We had to queue 1 hour 40 minutes after Solomun at Destino to get a taxi, which was a buzz kill to say the least.

And, naturally, leave enough time to get a taxi when you’re at more remote places. We were enjoying Cala D’Hort so much on our final evening we made it to the bag-drop at the airport by the skin of our teeth… Perhaps because it’s early season, but it felt like the wait for taxis was slightly longer than my experience in previous visits.

Apparently the quality of street pills this season so far is not as good as in previous years…

We were slightly early in the season, so a couple of the events weren’t as busy as they could/should have been. For me later in June/early September are the best times to visit – clubs busy enough for atmosphere yet pretty easy to get restaurant bookings with a little forward planning.

Now Glastonbury in a few days! 😵‍💫🤯🥴 Better get some sleep...
Fair play👏

Dates you were there: 16th to 23rd June 2022

Where you stayed: Ebano in PDB

Club nights visited:

1) All Day I Dream @ Cova Santa
2) Pyramid (Folamour) @ Cova Santa
3) House Party @ Pikes
4) Giltterbox @ Hi

Best night: This is tough. I had a brilliant nights at all events. Staff were amazing at Pikes, as always, and Cova Santa was such a brilliant venue. Your nights are made by the people you share them with so Glitterbox was the most special as it was just my girlfriend and I dancing in room 2 to Dan Shake and then in the toilets (Forbidden Corner room?)

But...

Worst night: Ok, not the worst night anywhere, just some observations. So the main room at Glitterbox was echoey, and full of crosseyed kids bumping in to me. The staff at Cova Santa were chancers so many times, trying to overcharge on drinks, not showing the card readers. Hoping that I was British enough to not complain. Apologetic when I caught them, but then tried it on again the next round.

Best bar: Sa Trinxa. I remember when the staff used to be really arsey, but this time, on both occasions I went there all day, the staff were f***ing brilliant. Super friendly, couldn't do enough to help you. Always smiling. The cocktails were brilliant. The food was great. Didn't particularly have a bad time in any bar I went to, I even had fun in Top 21 lol.

Best place to eat: Ibiza Tapas and Lounge. Just good food and nice drinks in a nice setting. Notable shouts to Grill San Antoni and Mumak. Oh and Los Parasoles in PDB.

Best beach and/or beach club: Sa Trinxa easily. Jockey Club can go and f*** themselves.

Money spent: Well under budget at £1500 each on drinks, food, and extras.

Biggest regret: Not going to that tiny tapas restaurant Destino in San Josep. And possibly regret not going inside to Freddies at Pikes, I just sat outside on the terrace drinking all night and chatting to some mates who live over there.

Going back?: Every year I go, I say I won't go back. This was the exception, I had the best time all day, every day. Yes I'll go back.

Top tip: Try Los Parasoles in PDB for lunch. Great food, big portions (Bullit de Peix!) at decent prices in a traditional non-glizty setting sat looking over the beach.

Observations and/or conclusion: This is easily the best Ibiza trip for me in the last 10 years, but probably because of the company I was with. Lots of optimism everywhere. Security staff and bar staff were brilliant everywhere (except the Cova Santa bar staff as explained above). Taxi queues were a nightmare and brought out the worst in everyone though.

Dates you were there: 16th to 23rd June 2022

Where you stayed: Ebano in PDB

Club nights visited:

1) All Day I Dream @ Cova Santa
2) Pyramid (Folamour) @ Cova Santa
3) House Party @ Pikes
4) Giltterbox @ Hi

Best night: This is tough. I had a brilliant nights at all events. Staff were amazing at Pikes, as always, and Cova Santa was such a brilliant venue. Your nights are made by the people you share them with so Glitterbox was the most special as it was just my girlfriend and I dancing in room 2 to Dan Shake and then in the toilets (Forbidden Corner room?)

But...

Worst night: Ok, not the worst night anywhere, just some observations. So the main room at Glitterbox was echoey, and full of crosseyed kids bumping in to me. The staff at Cova Santa were chancers so many times, trying to overcharge on drinks, not showing the card readers. Hoping that I was British enough to not complain. Apologetic when I caught them, but then tried it on again the next round.

Best bar: Sa Trinxa. I remember when the staff used to be really arsey, but this time, on both occasions I went there all day, the staff were f***ing brilliant. Super friendly, couldn't do enough to help you. Always smiling. The cocktails were brilliant. The food was great. Didn't particularly have a bad time in any bar I went to, I even had fun in Top 21 lol.

Best place to eat: Ibiza Tapas and Lounge. Just good food and nice drinks in a nice setting. Notable shouts to Grill San Antoni and Mumak. Oh and Los Parasoles in PDB.

Best beach and/or beach club: Sa Trinxa easily. Jockey Club can go and f*** themselves.

Money spent: Well under budget at £1500 each on drinks, food, and extras.

Biggest regret: Not going to that tiny tapas restaurant Destino in San Josep. And possibly regret not going inside to Freddies at Pikes, I just sat outside on the terrace drinking all night and chatting to some mates who live over there.

Going back?: Every year I go, I say I won't go back. This was the exception, I had the best time all day, every day. Yes I'll go back.

Top tip: Try Los Parasoles in PDB for lunch. Great food, big portions (Bullit de Peix!) at decent prices in a traditional non-glizty setting sat looking over the beach.

Observations and/or conclusion: This is easily the best Ibiza trip for me in the last 10 years, but probably because of the company I was with. Lots of optimism everywhere. Security staff and bar staff were brilliant everywhere (except the Cova Santa bar staff as explained above). Taxi queues were a nightmare and brought out the worst in everyone though.
Stayed at the Ebano years ago before the big refurb..cracking hotel in a good location in pdb! Sounds like you had a belting time🙌

Back