Tell us how it was - Ibiza 2022

First act' of Ibiza 2022 done.

Lot of people, but I have found an island different.

On the port lot of shop's are closed (Covid crisis?), some days, nobody on the port and all shop's closed before 1AM.

Ushuaia empty for "CamelPhat" but the barman said "Full Monday, Friday and saturday".

Destino full for "Music On" opening but the price is crazy : 65€ or 80€ with one drink.

Solomun @Pacha : Full

El Row : Very, Very full.

Hotels, very very more expensive in comparison of the last year.

The restaurants same price of 2021 season and one discovery : "Es Mercat"... Really, really cool.

Covid always present on the Island, with more and more positive cases but as a taxi driver has we said : Covid is present but it's necessary to get back our past life.

See U in september (49th stay for me) on the white island ;-)

First act' of Ibiza 2022 done.

Lot of people, but I have found an island different.

On the port lot of shop's are closed (Covid crisis?), some days, nobody on the port and all shop's closed before 1AM.

Ushuaia empty for "CamelPhat" but the barman said "Full Monday, Friday and saturday".

I appreciate camera angles can be deceptive but ‘empty’ might be a stretch

Just on route back home now after our most tame trip to date, partly due to me getting sun stroke and partly due to the line ups have fallen weak for us. Brought the kid sister along with us for her birthday present from me and the Mrs, her first time as an ‘adult’ Loads of her mates were out there doing the season, holidaying also so she proper loved it which is all that matters. reinier zonneveld closing Amnesia Sunday with a live was her highlight. But as typical younger generation we didn’t see much good food off. Was all hard rock, ibiza rocks bar, wiki woo and so on but part of the parcel and the trip wasn’t for us so we didn’t mind. For once a kept a level head every night, merry but not steaming, had a bit of molly but didn’t bother after that.. the others did mind but a was just happy to be there with what a felt was the island in full(ish) swing

Didn’t spend nearly as much as we thought, used buses through out as usual they ran like clockwork (although some trips may have gone up a euro or 2) all in all still very affordable and something we have always praised the island for

Biggest regret was not having any sangria or paella whilst was in old town although we did manage to get up dalt Vila for a sunset which was fab but surprising as we were a little worse for wear

Also the weather has been a dream. We are all tanned to the hills which is never bad

Landed in Leeds to pissing down rain 🥹

Going to try my hardest to talk the Wife round to a second visit in maybe September but we will be simply working around decent line ups next time

Was so good to be back

Last edited:
Dates you were there:

25th of June to 2nd of July.

Where you stayed:

Hotel Abrat, really nice hotel and was a bit more upmarket than what we usually stay in. Major disappointment though was booking a sea view room, which had a great view but they have glass barriers and it was impossible to sit out there almost as was so hot, i love balcony time but this trip was mainly just mornings out there as was out by 8pm every night pretty much.

Club nights visited:

Saturday - arrived around midnight and just went straight out in San An, Flahertys then Itaca. Itaca was awful, staff all pissed, shot girls either begging for shot for herself or the value of 1, service just garbage, never went back all trip. Decided to head to Eden for Wndrlnd, i agreed purely for the group, not my bag at all, but we had some fun and probs wasnt as bad as i anticipated, newbies enjoyed. A fair few helmets in there though, grabbing some of the girls etc, decided to leave in the end coz of it, got in around 5:30am.

Sunday - Amnesia for Pyramid. Pre drank at Ohio bar in San An then got disco bus around 12, checked club out first, music in terrace was never for me so i plotted up in Main room even though the lineup wasnt very exciting for my taste, i danced a lot though, on my own for whole of Beyers set, enjoyed it but nothing amazing, heard start of Zonneveld set before finding the group. I hadno plan of leaving but they all had enough, decided to go with them reluctantly but saved a little in the tank. Sama Abdulhadi was the best set i thought. Home about 6:00am.

Monday - Circoloco. Ate a lot earlier this day and all got a good drink in before getting to DC10 after 9pm. Garden was good, atmosphere was building and a big tune dropped at about 11:30pm and then suddenly music off at 11:35pm, bit of a gutter but we just headed in main room. Krysta Klear was great and after his set our group of 7 went outside as 3 were leaving due to early flight, said bye had a chill and headed back in for Red Axes. Not heard much but i enjoyed and same for Innellea, then Anna took it up a notch and had great last hour. Left at 6:15am to beat the rush and we got taxi pretty much straight away. I enquired about a little night cap at the beach but the others werent so keen 🤣. Best night ive had at DC10 by a mile though. Spot we had was great for air con and sound in main room was much better than other years, didnt hurt this time.

Tuesday - Night off and just ate at Pamelas and listened to Paco and friends.

Wednesday - Pacha for Bedouin. Got in about 1am Dj Tennis warmed up nicely but set over at 2:30am which was a shame. Bedouin were ok, not a sound im really into, a bit long winded but i was enjoying myself, they had a guy singing over the odd track which was new to me but pretty cool. Couple of the group were trying their best but just couldnt get going so left around 4ish and headed to Murphy's in PDB for a couple of drinks, ended up in their basement somehow that was blasting Spanish pop or similar, was pretty packed but not our bag at all, had a laugh though and got cab about 5:45am.

Thursday - another night of no big club although i was very close to going Hi solo but in the end we got drunk and went West End till kick out in an 80s 90s bar, was a good laugh tbf.

Friday - Pikes for Melon Bomb, seriously fun night. Great atmosphere, plenty of chatting with randoms. Music in Freddies was great and also music in Pamelas after restaurant shut was fun. Stayed till pretty much 4am. Top night to end the trip. We contemplated in the day doing a Pikes and DC10 double up as i wanted 1 last big club in me, after half hour of being at Pikes we all agreed we werent going anywhere.

Best Night:

Id have to say Circoloco, you know youve had a good one when the next day youre still on a massive high from it, think this was tge case for all 4 of us.

Worst Night:

Has to be Eden, had more fun than i expected but far too many plebs in there, it wasnt really a shock though.

Best Bar:

Ohio bar in back streets of San An. Was our meeting spot for whole week as all in different hotels. Super cheap and the girl that looked after each night was great. We drank a serious amount of baby guinness shots after we shown her how to make them, in the end i think they ran out of kahlua and she just improvised with allsorts lol, but were still nice. Got given a fair few on the house too. We spent some decent coin there and im sure they were very grateful.

Best place to eat:

Tapas in San An. Always enjoyed it there, ended up eating there twice and pretty much all tried something different the 2nd time and was just as good. Super strong cocktails to finish both times too.

Best Beach:

Cala gracio, spent a few days there. One day we couldnt get a parasol though so plotted up near the wall as you walk on to the beach for some shade. Others slept all day whilst i drank desperados and listened to speaker. Was a nice day 🤣

Money spent:

Around 2k between 2, excluding club tickets as had bought beforehand.

Biggest regret:

Not going to Hi for Charlotte De Witte. Was best lineup of the week for my taste but didnt happen. I dont regret putting the newbies first though and ensuring this trip wont be their last.

Going back:

100%, currently looking at mid September.

Top Tip: as usual... if solo or a couple then buses are great. Once we were 4 we used cabs as it made more sense but i still missed the disco bus 🤣

Observations/conclusion:

Biggest thing this trip was having the Sea view room but couldnt enjoy it due to heat, and also just not a big fan of it being melting hot till 8:30-9pm every night. I massively prefer later in year and earlier sunsets etc. Not sweating constant on your way out after your shower. I dont think id ever go before September again unless it was very early sesson.

Last edited:
Best Bar:

Ohio bar in back streets of San An. Was our meeting spot for whole week as all in different hotels. Super cheap and the girl that looked after each night was great. We drank a serious amount of baby guinness shots after we shown her how to make them, in the end i think they ran out of tia maria and she just improvised with allsorts lol, but were still nice. Got given a fair few on the house too. We spent some decent coin there and im sure they were very grateful.
I'd love to think Ohio is still owned and run by the same family as years back. The hotel where Ibiza Rocks Hotel is now used to be Club Paraiso and Ohio was where you went to get fed and watered when recovering

Dates you were there: 30th June - 5th July

Where you stayed: Vibra Panoramic, Figueretas

Club nights visited: Music On - Destino, Charlotte De Witte - Hi, Ants - Ushuaia, Ben Böhmer - Cova Santa

Best night: Music On at Destino and then Charlotte De Witte at Hi had a random spotlight meetup with @Tewks1978 and husband and we had a great laugh. Liked how compact Destino was and the music was a good start to the trip, can't remember much of Hi but from what I remember it was good 🙃

Worst night: missed Sven at Pyramid as got a little merry at Ants the night before ooops! It was a really warm day and was overheating despite hotel Aircon and water so decided not to take the risk of going to Amnesia solo while not feeling great.

Best bar: Bianca's in the port was good for a cocktail and a people watch.

Best place to eat: Mitch's in Fig is great value for the price

Best beach and/or beach club: didn't do many beaches this time just Fig itself. Made my first trip to Kumharas for the sunset and loved it, efficient service and nice drinks but not in your face service and no minimum spend.

Also went to Cova Santa for the first time to see Ben Bohmer and meet @Spursboi for another random spotlight meetup. Loved the club and how you are so close to the booth, and Ben's style of music was great for a chilled last night.

Money spent: first time I've used the Post Office travel card and app that itemises all taps...but no I don't dare have a look 😂

Biggest regret: missing Sven as still not seen him...but a wise decision to play it safety first as I wasn't feeling well

Going back?: Of course!

Top tip: I found Fig a great location and I saved loads on Taxis being able to easily walk into Bossa and Ibiza Town. As a mid 30s guy I found it's just the right mix of being busy but not wild.

Observations and/or conclusion: this was my first clubbing trip for 4 years and I'm now mid 30s which changes things...but found the island pretty much the same as before, food, drink and club tickets pretty much the same despite the crazy inflation, only the hotel's have gone up in price so far. Only the rise of contactless payments for everything really seemed different to me.

This trip was different for me for a few reasons...first time I've raved solo, first time I've raved outside of peak July/August and first time I've mainly done evening events with midnight finishes but liked that more laid-back schedule and not being in bed all day the day after.

Also the first time I've dared post in the 'meet me in' thread but met 3 great people and had a laugh for 3 nights with them so if you're umming and ahhing whether to go solo and meet someone off here: do it!

DC10 Solid Grooves opening - This was also an ok night nothing special here. To announce on the day an early start to try and create some panic was annoying along with the 'accidental' leak that marco carola was the special did hack me off. Because it spoilt our evening plans of arriving at 11pm but instead worried of queues we arrived at 7pm and it was completely dead. To add to my annoyance I had to sit and look at stush females walk straight from the entrance to the VIP area like they had paid their dues and you know they probably been sliding into DM's.

Music wise it all became very mono in both the terrace and main I genuinely did struggle. The girlfriend started getting very bored too and what was the nail in the coffin for us even though we really wanted to stay until the end was the garden as a chill out spot. It makes you feel like you are on some back street ally in the centre of Blackpool slumped up in a dark corner homeless and so you start questioning what you are doing with your life. Funny enough I was actually sat next to a couple of girls from Geordie Shore at 5am which was the kicker and so we left.

I now am finding it ever so hard to even respect DC10 as a venue and I think they have that place totally wrong and I hand on heart believe it is going to fail miserably at some point. It will be the new Es Paradis 20euro a ticket. Garden is a dive after midnight, toilets are as bad, security make the terrace even more busier than it needs to be and the sound system in the terrace needs the lows pulled right back
Hey, firstly, it sounds like you had a bit of a bad day here, but not sure you can honestly blame the club for spoiling your plans, which has nothing to do with them, neither does the time you decided to go. As for seeing girls walk into the VIP, why does this bother you? especially when you don't even know who they are or why they're there. What if it was the owner's wife and friends, would that annoy you to ?

Sounds like the music wasn't doing anything for you either, not to mention your g/f getting bored. As for the garden making you feel like you're homeless in Blackpool, well each to their own.
It's sad you seem to base your lack of respect for dc10 cos of what seem like personal / individual things that happened.

Regarding failing miserably, the club went through years with very few people and not to mention closures and legal issues. It's a miracle it's still around and survived everything the big clubs has thrown at it. not sure about the reference to es Paradis or 20€ tickets, as not long ago, people loved that dc10 was that cheap.

regarding the garden after midnight, I always think it's the same as every other chill out area of any big club I've been to in the world. if you want something more classy, dc10 is defo not the place and never has been. it's raw, unfiltered, intense clubbing.
mainly though I obviously wish you hadn't felt this way when you went, because, despite as little as you might respect it, dc10 has always tried really hard to make sure people have a good time and enjoy themselves. I think generally you can defo say they have achieved this.

whenever you're back on the island or if you live here, I'd like to invite you down to the club with your friends and hopefully help you have a better experience. Obviously, if you aren't into the music or the crowd that particular night, then wouldn't make sense for you to come anyway.

all the best

Hey, firstly, it sounds like you had a bit of a bad day here, but not sure you can honestly blame the club for spoiling your plans, which has nothing to do with them, neither does the time you decided to go. As for seeing girls walk into the VIP, why does this bother you? especially when you don't even know who they are or why they're there. What if it was the owner's wife and friends, would that annoy you to ?

Sounds like the music wasn't doing anything for you either, not to mention your g/f getting bored. As for the garden making you feel like you're homeless in Blackpool, well each to their own.
It's sad you seem to base your lack of respect for dc10 cos of what seem like personal / individual things that happened.

Regarding failing miserably, the club went through years with very few people and not to mention closures and legal issues. It's a miracle it's still around and survived everything the big clubs has thrown at it. not sure about the reference to es Paradis or 20€ tickets, as not long ago, people loved that dc10 was that cheap.

regarding the garden after midnight, I always think it's the same as every other chill out area of any big club I've been to in the world. if you want something more classy, dc10 is defo not the place and never has been. it's raw, unfiltered, intense clubbing.
mainly though I obviously wish you hadn't felt this way when you went, because, despite as little as you might respect it, dc10 has always tried really hard to make sure people have a good time and enjoy themselves. I think generally you can defo say they have achieved this.

whenever you're back on the island or if you live here, I'd like to invite you down to the club with your friends and hopefully help you have a better experience. Obviously, if you aren't into the music or the crowd that particular night, then wouldn't make sense for you to come anyway.

all the best
Nice gesture 👍.

On the flip side, i had my best DC10 experience at Circo a couple of Mondays ago. Most noticeably was how much better the sound in main room felt. Has it been tweaked this season or was i just lucky with the dj's i listened to?

Nice gesture 👍.

On the flip side, i had my best DC10 experience at Circo a couple of Mondays ago. Most noticeably was how much better the sound in main room felt. Has it been tweaked this season or was i just lucky with the dj's i listened to?
Glad you had a good time. Weirdly enough I've very rarely had a bad time going out clubbing in 20 years and it really confuses me to hear of people say they had a bad time due to the music and the crowd and then usually the other stuff that annoys you when you get older (toilets, queues, too loud haha). I go to events with music I like, why would I do anything else? I think it's absolutely hilarious and ignorant for anyone to say they went to a night and the crowd was horrible and the music sucked. That's what everyone else would think about your interpretation of the crowd and music.

Circoloco isn't the same as it was, but it has always been changing and always will. Anyone going there now hoping for cheap entry and ad hoc vibe and tons of space will obviously be disappointed, but that's to do with them not the club.

Regarding the sound, interesting you picked up on this. It is without doubt one of the most often overlooked things about dc10, in fact, I've never even seen this mentioned, but they are constantly working on getting the sound right and improving it. So, yes things have changed a little bit this year and it's very much middle of dancefloor focussed.

that said, it is a constant problem generally, regarding DJs who push it too far and play in the red or don't adapt to their environment. There are a couple of clubs in Ibiza that are just way too loud and its unnecessary.

Hotels, very very more expensive in comparison of the last year.
the single biggest and most important thing IMO about ibiza this year.

I was blissfully unaware of how bad things were until I tried to book a room for a friend and got quoted 400€ for 2 nights in a dive in san an. the cheapest offer on the whole island. It's absolutely ludicrous and unsustainable IMO as occupancy depends on mass tourism and at that price, it just won't happen.

from a clubbing point of view, even I can't deny it anymore. It is just too expensive for some people to come to Ibiza. gone are the days of your week long €300 flight and hotel deals. even for a couple of days, you're looking at €1000 minimum and even the most die hard clubber won't easily swallow that.
I'm really banking on this being a post pandemic swing as hotels try to recoup losses the last 2 years. so eventually things will settle down. The idea of losing your typical clubber who is on a cheap deal to ibiza is really sad actually.

Glad you had a good time. Weirdly enough I've very rarely had a bad time going out clubbing in 20 years and it really confuses me to hear of people say they had a bad time due to the music and the crowd and then usually the other stuff that annoys you when you get older (toilets, queues, too loud haha). I go to events with music I like, why would I do anything else? I think it's absolutely hilarious and ignorant for anyone to say they went to a night and the crowd was horrible and the music sucked. That's what everyone else would think about your interpretation of the crowd and music.

Circoloco isn't the same as it was, but it has always been changing and always will. Anyone going there now hoping for cheap entry and ad hoc vibe and tons of space will obviously be disappointed, but that's to do with them not the club.

Regarding the sound, interesting you picked up on this. It is without doubt one of the most often overlooked things about dc10, in fact, I've never even seen this mentioned, but they are constantly working on getting the sound right and improving it. So, yes things have changed a little bit this year and it's very much middle of dancefloor focussed.

that said, it is a constant problem generally, regarding DJs who push it too far and play in the red or don't adapt to their environment. There are a couple of clubs in Ibiza that are just way too loud and its unnecessary.
Yeh we were middle and centre and sound was perfect.

My previous visits to DC10 havent been not as good as my most recent one because of the music or crowd. More to do with the group im with calling it earlier than id like haha. I dont mind very busy but others do. The other Monday was so good because we got there early in the garden and stayed almost till close and all had a great time. Was just a very good night as opposed to to others being bad, which they werent.

Yeh we were middle and centre and sound was perfect.

My previous visits to DC10 havent been not as good as my most recent one because of the music or crowd. More to do with the group im with calling it earlier than id like haha. I dont mind very busy but others do. The other Monday was so good because we got there early in the garden and stayed almost till close and all had a great time. Was just a very good night as opposed to to others being bad, which they werent.
haha, defo always your mates to blame rather than anything else. usually the same mate as well for most of us.
I come from the era of 6am starts on the Monday morning, so I'm still nostalgic for those days, when it would run till sunset, with often only 50-100 people there. (god knows what spotlight forums would have thought about that!!) even 10 years ago or sooner, the club would only run to 1/2am, as they were committed to keeping the original values and opening as early as allowed at 4:30.

But over time, people's custom changed and everyone just came later.
The garden is still keeping a bit of the old flame alive, from when the terrace was open air, which they've had to cover over the years.

Hope to see you there again sometime soon. Hit me up when you're next around. x

haha, defo always your mates to blame rather than anything else. usually the same mate as well for most of us.
I come from the era of 6am starts on the Monday morning, so I'm still nostalgic for those days, when it would run till sunset, with often only 50-100 people there. (god knows what spotlight forums would have thought about that!!) even 10 years ago or sooner, the club would only run to 1/2am, as they were committed to keeping the original values and opening as early as allowed at 4:30.

But over time, people's custom changed and everyone just came later.
The garden is still keeping a bit of the old flame alive, from when the terrace was open air, which they've had to cover over the years.

Hope to see you there again sometime soon. Hit me up when you're next around. x
Yeh, i just missed out on the after hours years unfortunately. Im rarely ready to call it a night 😎.

Im back for the 26th of Sept party... cant wait!

You have never been to a club where you heard your favourite dj and he wasn't playing the best that night?!! Every time music has been great and to your liking! You have been lucky!

You have never been to a club where you heard your favourite dj and he wasn't playing the best that night?!! Every time music has been great and to your liking! You have been lucky!
haha touché! of course some times are better than others, and more memorable and more perfect, but even the times when sound cut out and the DJ had a nightmare or the journey home was chaos, that's all part of what I've signed up for. I had as much fun and laughed and remember the worst sets I've heard as the best ones.

When Jimi Hendrix set his guitar on fire and smashed it up at Montreux, I'm sure few of the people there enjoyed it much, but for sure they are glad they witnessed such an iconic moment in music history.
My point is that hearing the worst set ever from your favourite artist is part of the magic, the sweet is never as sweet without the sour. It is those moments that make the best sets even better.

I once saw The Killers in concert and it was really great, but they were so tight and on it, that it was basically like I was listening to the studio album. I may as well have been.

Last point is that obviously I don't go to events where I know I don't like the music in the first place. why would you? find it funny when people talk about certain DJs playing a bad set every time they see them. lol

Dates you were there:

2nd July - 9th July

Where you stayed:

Palladium Palmyra hotel, San Antonio - I never usually stay in hotels as posh as this when I go to Ibiza, but being as this was the first one after lockdown I decided to treat myself. I'm glad I did as there wasn't anything I could say was a a problem at this hotel. I'd booked a sea view room which was absolutely lovely. The food in the hotel buffet was good by buffet standards - which worked out quite well for me considering I felt a lot of the time I couldn't be bothered trekking about finding somewhere to eat given the Palmyra is a good 10-15 minute walk from the centre of San Antonio.

Club nights visited:

Sunday - Freddies @ pikes for Ruf Dug and Dr Banana. I'd not heard of these before but was keen to try Pikes so feeling fresh on my first full day I decided to give it a shot. I went about 10pm on the early side and felt a little out of place, so I figured I'd finish my vodka, have a wander round and then head to Pyramid at Amnesia. As I was sitting on a wall, a lady came to sit next to me who I was a bit concerned about, so I asked her friends if she was ok, the rest they say is history 😁 I never made it to Amnesia, I really loved this night so much - was a proper musical journey and reminded me of a venue I used to love going to locally. Once the crowd had relaxed a bit everyone was quite chatty too!

Monday - Amnesia for Gorgon City & Sonny Fodera. Hah, interesting night. Not so much musically but I ran in to my ex boyfriend of all people who was also there alone. This isn't a "my feelings about" forum so I'll stick to what the night was about but that did knock me a bit and played on my mind the whole trip. Anyway, the crowd wasn't annoying as I'd anticipated and muscially it was what I needed to throw me back in to the "big" club thing having been out for so long. Ended up not watching Gorgon City and watching Dance System - being one of only about 3 people who were so he even took a request from my ex. I'd definitely go and see them again though, it's just a shame they had the slot against Gorgon City, but plenty of space to dance in that case!

Tuesday - had every intention of staying in, but wandered down to Mambo to meet the ex for a drink on the rocks. As I was waiting for him I got chatting to a family from Newcastle way. To cut a long story short we all became new best friends and carried on drinking under Cafe Del Mar. Ex and his new friends went off to Carl Cox at DC-10 and I took the others to see Lee Foss at Eden as they had one child free night and wanted to experience clubbing in Ibiza. I know it's not the ideal night but it was a cheaper option and local to us all. Musically not 100% my thing but we all enjoyed, the lighting and sound system were spot on. Most random track of the night went to a remix of Outhere Brothers - Boom Boom Boom.

Wednesday - a much deserved night off.

Thursday - Shine opening party 😍 the main event I wanted to go to. I started out down the back of the room as the front looked too busy, but once the three/four vodkas had kicked in the confidence came out and up the front I went. Wish I'd done it sooner! I was well looked after by everyone there - including one incredibly tall American/Canadian (please don't be offended!) guy who let me have space right up by the DJ booth to dance - thanks to him I also shook Paul Van Dyk's hand 😁 the trip was made!! Eventually gave up around 5.30 and thankfully the hotel was a very quick stumble up the road, skipping as I went 😀

Friday - had thought about Pikes but my step count was at over 40k and my body was saying "no more please" so went to bed,

Best Night:

Shine @ Eden!!

Worst Night:

Not terrible but Monday @ Amnesia given the circumstances.

Best Bar:

Didn't really visit any bars this time as I was enjoying my balcony wines way too much, although Itaca was always good to drop in for a cocktail and as a solo female wasn't made to feel uncomfortable.

Best place to eat:

Ritas cantina this trip, didn't get much more adventurous than that this time unfortunately.

Best Beach:

Didn't visit any other than the San An bit outside the hotel.

Money spent:

Around 1k ish, maybe.

Biggest regret:

Not doing Pikes again on the Friday - although given todays positive covid status it was probably a good idea to give it a miss.

Going back:

Already booked for ITE in September!

Top Tip: Get the bus for travelling around.

Observations/conclusion:

It's a tough one this time round as there were a couple of factors which clouded the trip a little and I struggled to holiday alone. Maybe it's because it's the first one since the pandemic, but I felt things had changed a lot. Most of the groups in San An were interested in Ocean beach only, or heading off on party boats, or getting down to Ushuaia. I did feel very safe there though as a solo female traveller, especially as all the "lads" didn't pack in until Friday. There was a noticeable difference in how busy San An became on Friday though compared to the rest of the week. There are still those women on the front who try to do the bracelet thing with you but they aren't there all the time now. Still cracks me up how many times I was offered drugs by men though 😂 I did notice loads more British families with small children on the rocks for sunset though, and definitely an increased police presence.

I'll give it Septembers trip before I make a decision about whether it's actually a different type of holiday I want these days 😂 I just hate wasting time malingering about in bed on a comedown or with a stinking hangover when there is sun and fresh air to be had outside!

Dates you were there:

2nd July - 9th July

Where you stayed:

Palladium Palmyra hotel, San Antonio - I never usually stay in hotels as posh as this when I go to Ibiza, but being as this was the first one after lockdown I decided to treat myself. I'm glad I did as there wasn't anything I could say was a a problem at this hotel. I'd booked a sea view room which was absolutely lovely. The food in the hotel buffet was good by buffet standards - which worked out quite well for me considering I felt a lot of the time I couldn't be bothered trekking about finding somewhere to eat given the Palmyra is a good 10-15 minute walk from the centre of San Antonio.

Club nights visited:

Sunday - Freddies @ pikes for Ruf Dug and Dr Banana. I'd not heard of these before but was keen to try Pikes so feeling fresh on my first full day I decided to give it a shot. I went about 10pm on the early side and felt a little out of place, so I figured I'd finish my vodka, have a wander round and then head to Pyramid at Amnesia. As I was sitting on a wall, a lady came to sit next to me who I was a bit concerned about, so I asked her friends if she was ok, the rest they say is history 😁 I never made it to Amnesia, I really loved this night so much - was a proper musical journey and reminded me of a venue I used to love going to locally. Once the crowd had relaxed a bit everyone was quite chatty too!

Monday - Amnesia for Gorgon City & Sonny Fodera. Hah, interesting night. Not so much musically but I ran in to my ex boyfriend of all people who was also there alone. This isn't a "my feelings about" forum so I'll stick to what the night was about but that did knock me a bit and played on my mind the whole trip. Anyway, the crowd wasn't annoying as I'd anticipated and muscially it was what I needed to throw me back in to the "big" club thing having been out for so long. Ended up not watching Gorgon City and watching Dance System - being one of only about 3 people who were so he even took a request from my ex. I'd definitely go and see them again though, it's just a shame they had the slot against Gorgon City, but plenty of space to dance in that case!

Tuesday - had every intention of staying in, but wandered down to Mambo to meet the ex for a drink on the rocks. As I was waiting for him I got chatting to a family from Newcastle way. To cut a long story short we all became new best friends and carried on drinking under Cafe Del Mar. Ex and his new friends went off to Carl Cox at DC-10 and I took the others to see Lee Foss at Eden as they had one child free night and wanted to experience clubbing in Ibiza. I know it's not the ideal night but it was a cheaper option and local to us all. Musically not 100% my thing but we all enjoyed, the lighting and sound system were spot on. Most random track of the night went to a remix of Outhere Brothers - Boom Boom Boom.

Thursday - Shine opening party 😍 the main event I wanted to go to. I started out down the back of the room as the front looked too busy, but once the three/four vodkas had kicked in the confidence came out and up the front I went. Wish I'd done it sooner! I was well looked after by everyone there - including one incredibly tall American/Canadian (please don't be offended!) guy who let me have space right up by the DJ booth to dance - thanks to him I also shook Paul Van Dyk's hand 😁 the trip was made!! Eventually gave up around 5.30 and thankfully the hotel was a very quick stumble up the road, skipping as I went 😀

Friday - had thought about Pikes but my step count was at over 40k and my body was saying "no more please" so went to bed,

Best Night:

Shine @ Eden!!

Worst Night:

Best Bar:

Didn't really visit any bars this time as I was enjoying my balcony wines way too much, although Itaca was always good to drop in for a cocktail and as a solo female wasn't made to feel uncomfortable.

Best place to eat:

Ritas cantina this trip, didn't get much more adventurous than that this time unfortunately.

Best Beach:

Money spent:

Around 1k ish, maybe.

Biggest regret:

Not doing Pikes again on the Friday - although given todays positive covid status it was probably a good idea to give it a miss.

Going back:

Observations/conclusion:

It's a tough one this time round as there were a couple of factors which clouded the trip a little and I struggled to holiday alone. Maybe it's because it's the first one since the pandemic, but I felt things had changed a lot. Most of the groups in San An were interested in Ocean beach only, or heading off on party boats, or getting down to Ushuaia. I did feel very safe there though as a solo female traveller, especially as all the "lads" didn't pack in until Friday. There was a noticeable difference in how busy San An became on Friday though compared to the rest of the week. There are still those women on the front who try to do the bracelet thing with you but they aren't there all the time now. Still cracks me up how many times I was offered drugs by men though 😂 I did notice loads more British families with small children on the rocks for sunset though, and definitely an increased police presence.

I'll give it Septembers trip before I make a decision about whether it's actually a different type of holiday I want these days 😂 I just hate wasting time malingering about in bed on a comedown or with a stinking hangover when there is sun and fresh air to be had outside!
Great review, and interesting perspective as I might be doing a solo trip in September for Kevin & Perry.

Last point is that obviously I don't go to events where I know I don't like the music in the first place. why would you? find it funny when people talk about certain DJs playing a bad set every time they see them. lol
This is the most pressing point. If how full somewhere is going to be, whether too quiet or too busy, is that important to you, then please go to the parties where you know you're going to enjoy the music. Because those issues won't matter so much, whichever way it swings

I totally understand when people say "i'm not really into the music, but some of the group want to go to x, so I may as well tag along" but if you're paying €80 to see Calvin Harris in an incredibly busy Ushuaia when you don't really like the music... well, I can only recommend you have a rethink

Sorry to use Calvin Harris as the example, that's just one I've seen on here recently. The same is true of any party really

Dates you were there:

2nd July - 9th July

Where you stayed:

Club nights visited:

Best Night:

Shine @ Eden!!

Worst Night:

Best Bar:

Best place to eat:

Best Beach:

Money spent:

Around 1k ish, maybe.

Biggest regret:

Going back:

Observations/conclusion:

Great review. We’re staying at the Palladium at the end of the month and all I’ve read is great reviews. What is the beach like near the hotel? Busy or some days better than others?

Back