Tell us how it was - Ibiza 2019

Dates you were there: 9th - 12th September

Where you stayed: Migjorn suites PDB. Have to say can't fault the accommodation. Great pool albeit weather wasn't great but staff were excellent and would definitely return

Club nights visited: Circo at DC10. Best DC10 I've attended in years. Sven in the garden was incredible and reminded me of the old days slightly. Even when it went inside it was far better than previous years, far less loops and more individual tracks being played.

Tuesday night the weather was shite so had a few drinks at the hotel and had an early night as had a big day on the Wednesday.

Up early and up to Cala d'en Serra for the day as a pal had rented a car. For those who haven't been this is personally my favourite beach on the island. Secluded and possibly inaccessible if not great on your feet but once you get there you are met with a small bay where the water is crystal clear. Had some lovely octopus from the beach bar and plenty to drink. A tremendous day.

Made our way to Pikes that evening as Klaus Blatter aka author Irvine Welsh was spinning the ones and twos. Part of there literacy festival but Irvine and a chap from London were playing Freddies. Honestly possibly one of the best nights I've ever had on the island. Place is absolutely bonkers mixed with some acid house, techno and house and what a night. Ended up in what appeared to be a dressing room but was more like a sauna until 9am absolutely off my chops.

Best night: Pikes without a doubt. Weather again was terrible so couldn't enjoy the pool or any other outside parts but what a place

Worst night:

Best bar: visited a few bars in Ibiza Town on Monday when we arrived but can't recall their names

Best place to eat: lovely lunch in La Brasa in Ibiza Town on Monday. There after food was kept to a minimum....

Money spent: Irrelevant

Biggest regret: Worst weather I've ever seen on the island in countless trips especially on the Wednesday night. Not really a regret but will say that PDB isn't much of a place minus the sunshine. Definitely wouldn't say it impacted the trip at all though and probably one of the best I've ever done

Going back?: without doubt

Top tip: don't take photos or videos in clubs. Won't be long before we hear of a death as a result of someone shoving a phone in someone's face and then receiving a doing as a result

Dates: 01.09.-13.09/14.09.

Where we stayed: Airbnb, near Port des Torrent, Sa Talaia beach.

Club nights visited: Shadows, Ants, Who Cares, late Afternoon Bora Bora

Best night: shadows

Worst night: none

Best bar: didn’t visit bars unless the bars at cova santa, ushuaia and bora bora count too. best drink; caipiroskas at bora bora.

Best place to eat: brunch: passion san josep, daytime tapas: la cave ibiza, beach: restaurant cala d’hort, night: el carnicero

Money spent: € 900 for 3 flights, € 280 record rental car, € 2500 airbnb, up to € 100 a day for daughters o beach, ants, afterlife, amnesia visits including taxi fares.

a big, but well spent amount of € on food, drinks, souvenirs, t-shirts, juwelery, make-up, petrol and clubbing.

Biggest regret: didn’t make it to formentera, bc never woke up b4 11am.

Going back?: next year or if we find cheap flight in october.

Top tip: punta galera, even saw villalobos there

sunday

late arrival at ibz due to french airtraffic strike, restaurant pepe for dinner, local dishes, tapas, salad, burgers and tinto de casa € 54.

Monday

brunch at passion, san jose, eggs benedict, croissants, avocado, cappuccino etc. € 74. later to pdb restaurant moorea, calamares/salad and a few rosado vino, heading to bora bora for an afternoon dance, high percentage spirits eeach € 16. music was new and classic vocal house tunes, perfect for that time of the day, everyone happy dancing and enjoying the good vibe.

dinner at restaurant pizzeria sasha, good fish, pizza and desserts, costs for 3 of us 60€, restaurant filled with locals, no tourists apart from us.

thuesday

passion san jose then cala comte, very crowded, groups of loud italians with their ue boom boxes. sea was very nice and clear. dinner we went to get a cesar salad and truffle pasta at suma supermarket.

wednesday

es cavalet, nudist beach and a chilled afternoon, still one of the best beaches if you’re a nudist and searching for tranquility. Supermarket dinner, salad, avocado and pizza.

thursday

coffee at sa punts des moli. later punta galera which was worth to go, took a six pack or was it 8? of mahon beers and 3 liters of water, fruits and sandwiches. loads of swimming in the rather ruff water, cut little toe on the sharp riff and was bleeding like a pig. saw a lot of neo-hippies, divers and nudists there. dinner at el carnicero ibiza, very tasty argentinian meat and delicious empanadas. costs including 4 glasses of tinto 118€. service was at first not very

attentively but changed when a very friendly argentinian lady came to our table. guests: loads of pretty thin stick model lookalikes dressed in expensive gucci, prada, balenciaga gear, guys dressed in gucci sneakers, long trousers and shirt.

friday

brunch at passion san jose, lunch kinomi sushi, night: shadows cova santa; in the beginning jus hanging and smoking weed, drinking beer till it started to get dark, ana turs warm up set in front of about 20-30 dancing people was good and it slowly started to fill up, liked mathias schobers set a lot, deep and atmospheric sounds, at about 10pm magdalena came on, also with an interesting cool set while i was dancing away and frequently visiting the bar spending everytime more then 30€ worth for two vodka/rb. iked the mix of young and older partygoers, the vibe was amazing, very friendly atmosphere with many happy smiling faces.

managed to leave early and went to kfc in san an witnessing the late night butt on show of the female partygoers coming from o beach. there was a rock concert on that beach near egg where we went for a short dance too.

i wanted to go to the defectec event at eden, but wife was tired.

Saturday

brunch at kfc later kinomi sushi. stroll around ibiza town enjoying delicious tapas/wine at la cava, waiting ages inside sephora while wife was trying on makeup.

ants ushuaia; bit overcrowded/hot or maybe i`m just to spoiled and perhaps a few years older then the average ushuaia punter, saw loads ppl openly eating pills nd taking other stuff on the dancefloor, a guy next to us dropped the entire inside of his white pow bag on the wet floor?as he was holding it upside down, liked black madonnas set the most.

Sunday

cappuccino at sa talaia beach, on the way to salinas witnessed a motorcycle accident on the roundabout by es cuco supermarket, carr. de cala conte, was the second person to arrive at the scene and helped spanish girl get up, she and the guy steering the motorcycle fell down doing a manoufer, not nice to look at as she was badly injured on her left legg, blood/bruises all over, a spanish guy called the police then we left the scene quite shocked. once at sa trinxa went swimming, at about 3:30 - 5:30 there was a really bad dj on, who not once played out the record, every time when the hook was meant to come he tried to mix lowering the running track unable to mix in the next track, it was terrible.

food quality ok, tuna boccadilo, languste salad, vanilla/apple tart, 2 glasses white, coffee, hierbas 64€ imo a bit expensive. we danced near the dj booth till sunset.

wanted dinner at tapas in san an but couldn’t get a table, ended up at kfc.

monday

capuchino at ibiza50 in san an, then cala escondida nudist Beach, met some italians, english and german couples. after i went to the beach under sunset ashram to see the sunset. For dinner we went to chimmychurry, had iberican pork, grilled vegetables/mixed salad, it was delicious. Also met elena, the lovely lady that runs chimmychurry.

tuesday

cappuccino at contra vent, capuchino € 1.70, hiked down to punta de sa pedrera and a swimm there. by 3. pm drove wife and daughter to a late tapas lunch at la cava in Ibiza, somehow ended up staying for 3 hours. saw sunset at punta sa pedrea then back to appartement,

„who cares“ cova santa, ricardo villalobos, alci, raaresh and more, no words can describe what a party this was, negative thing first: it was sometimes raining BUT soo many smiles, pure happiness and friendly humans getting down on the sound on the floor, i was dancing and chatting with soooo many lovely people, i met a dad who was also out with his daughter which was also 23 years young ? a night that i will always remember, the music, the bass inside cova santa in front of the dj, perfect music and the really good sound system. had a few drinks and things too much so i took taxi and left car at cs.

wednesday

waking up bit hungover, walking in the midday sun for me is a ibiza must do, always with enough water available ? walked for 1/2 hour to finally get a taxi that drove me to cs.

went swimming to cure hangover at my favorite spot punta sa pedrera. dinner at amante, food was good quality, while the service was not attentive. had the squid on mashed sweet potato, wife the lamb chops/delicious risotto, daughter had the salmon, altogether a good meal but nowadays somehow amante is imo just another of these vip traps, or it always has been, everyone just dressed up in their best.

thursday

chilled at pool then went to cala d‘hort for late lunch at 5pm. Prawn avocado salad and paella which was really good and cooked to perfection, we all loved it, 2 bottles of white wine and a glass of hierbas cost us about 70. later we went down the beach swimming and catched the sun setting into the sea which was amazing. once dark we drove back and got a take away sushi dinner at kimono. By 1am. i drove daughter to afterlife at hi.

friday

lunch at la paloma restaurant, oriental salad/pizza and two white wines. €58. back to pack suitcases, later to pdb to get souvenirs at la sirena and dropping off the rental car got to airport checked in luggage, inside departure area our edelweiss air flight to zurich was keep getting displayed as delayed, by 10pm an announcement was made that due to the storm our plane had to land in majorca and wasn’t able to continue the flight to ibz due to cabin crew work times, 180 pax then had to get the suitcases from belt and go to taxi lane where we were driven to hotel sirenis/cala longa, all was very well organized by ground service team. after check in at the hotel a drink at the bar and walked to restaurant valentine, lucky to be served by 1am. tomato burata salad followed by fettuccine with prosciutto crudo, mozzarella and ruccola leaves, wifey had a mixed salad/homemade lasagna, including 3 big glasses tinto de casa and a tiramisu we were very satisfied with the price of 58€ which anyway the airline will cover.

back at the hotel daughter could not resist to go to shadows which due to the storm was moved from cova santa to amnesia. We went to bed at 3:30 and got woken up by 9am by kiddo who was returning from night out. after a quick brekkie at a rather mass processing restaurant we left with taxi towards ibz airport and said our goodbyes to the white island we all love so much. very glad our daughter loves ibiza as much we do, only in ibiza she would come out with us.

+ everytime we took a taxi i had some really interesting conversations with the driver about ibiza. my spanish is not that good but i think that after them two weeks i improved again.

+ i like to make contact with people, or people with me, no matter if in a restaurant or at the beach, so many places we went we always met friendly people who were happy to chat.

Dates you were there: Sept 3rd to 11th

Where you stayed: One night in the Florencio, then seven nights in a villa near Calla Salada

Club nights visited: Resistance on Sept 3rd, Captured and after party on Sept 6th & 7th

Best night: Captured day 2

Worst night: n/a

Best bar: n/a

Best place to eat: Tapas restaurant in San An

Money spent: €1200

Biggest regret: Not getting to Underground for Sven all night long

Going back?: Yep, 5 days in June for a wedding and a week in September for trance week

Top tip: Villa over apartment/hotel

Dates: 01.09.-13.09/14.09.

... long review...

+ everytime we took a taxi i had some really interesting conversations with the driver about ibiza. my spanish is not that good but i think that after them two weeks i improved again.

+ i like to make contact with people, or people with me, no matter if in a restaurant or at the beach, so many places we went we always met friendly people who were happy to chat.

Great review.

Top tip: don't take photos or videos in clubs. Won't be long before we hear of a death as a result of someone shoving a phone in someone's face and then receiving a doing as a result

If that's the kind of atmosphere...you're in the wrong club.

While I agree videoing the whole party kills the vibe, we live in a new era where making pics and vids to capture moments are part of the experience for this generation. Hell I even count myself to that generation, while I'm older. I always make a few pics and vids the first (sober) hour or so. Love rewatching them and sharing them.

S
If that's the kind of atmosphere...you're in the wrong club.

While I agree videoing the whole party kills the vibe, we live in a new era where making pics and vids to capture moments are part of the experience for this generation. Hell I even count myself to that generation, while I'm older. I always make a few pics and vids the first (sober) hour or so. Love rewatching them and sharing them.
I personally think phones should be banned in clubs.

Space used to take away people's cameras.

Dates you were there: 9th - 12th September

Made our way to Pikes that evening as Klaus Blatter aka author Irvine Welsh was spinning the ones and twos. Part of there literacy festival but Irvine and a chap from London were playing Freddies. Honestly possibly one of the best nights I've ever had on the island. Place is absolutely bonkers mixed with some acid house, techno and house and what a night. Ended up in what appeared to be a dressing room but was more like a sauna until 9am absolutely off my chops.

Would love to have been there. Welsh knows his tunes

Would love to have been there. Welsh knows his tunes
Yes was absolutely fantastic mate. Definitely one of the best nights I've had in Ibiza for many a year. Freddies also the perfect setting for it. Would estimate no more than 40 - 50 folk in attendance due to the weather but personally a crowd is about quality rather than quantity

Oh Hai :)

48749744323_94749ad7e4_k.jpg

48749744493_3b926782ce_k.jpg

Dates you were there: 6th - 9th September

Where you stayed: playasol jabeque dreams (PDB / Figueretes) - Very clean apartment. Easy check-in. Let us in hours early to the room. Busy pool when the sun was out. Horrid reggaeton being played by the pool one day though.

Club nights visited: Defected @ Eden, Elrow @ Amnesia, Blue Marlin - Sunday Sessions

20th time on the island, so it was time to do lots of things I have never done before.

First time in Eden. Empty when we got there, but soon filled up. Not packed by any measure. Full of British lads that looked like they had just robbed JD Sports. Monki was the best DJ of the night. Serious casualty on the dance floor when a kid had a fit. Knocked the edge off the night.

First time at Elrow. Arrived at 1.30am to a massive queue, but soon got in and it was sardines. Spent most of the night watching Kolsch, who looked to be having a great night. No point in fighting to get into the main room to see Joris V. Enjoyed the Elrow experience, but would not rush back if it was always that busy.

First time at Blue Marlin. Arrived at 7pm and met friends who had been there on a bed all day. Was so busy it was hard to get out onto the sand. Nick Curly and Eric Morillo on and the place was going off. Had a great night daning out on the sand for most of it. Friends were staying at Es Vive, so had arranged for their own taxi to come and get us. Glad we had as it must be a nightmare getting a taxi there at closing time. Went back to Es Vive and partied in the little Experience bar, where the barman was happy for us to play our own stuff on the decks.

Best night: Blue Marlin / Es Vive

Worst night: Eden, but it was not bad, just not as good as the others.

Best place to eat: La Bodega (Ibiza Town). Nice food, freindly staff and great seats to watch the world go by.

Money spent: The usual

Biggest regret: Should have gone to Shadows on the Friday night.

Going back?: Always one more good trip to be had.

Top tip: Get a Monzo card to pay for things.

Dates you were there: 6th - 9th September

Where you stayed: playasol jabeque dreams (PDB / Figueretes) - Very clean apartment. Easy check-in. Let us in hours early to the room. Busy pool when the sun was out. Horrid reggaeton being played by the pool one day though.

Club nights visited: Defected @ Eden, Elrow @ Amnesia, Blue Marlin - Sunday Sessions

20th time on the island, so it was time to do lots of things I have never done before.

First time in Eden. Empty when we got there, but soon filled up. Not packed by any measure. Full of British lads that looked like they had just robbed JD Sports. Monki was the best DJ of the night. Serious casualty on the dance floor when a kid had a fit. Knocked the edge off the night.

First time at Elrow. Arrived at 1.30am to a massive queue, but soon got in and it was sardines. Spent most of the night watching Kolsch, who looked to be having a great night. No point in fighting to get into the main room to see Joris V. Enjoyed the Elrow experience, but would not rush back if it was always that busy.

First time at Blue Marlin. Arrived at 7pm and met friends who had been there on a bed all day. Was so busy it was hard to get out onto the sand. Nick Curly and Eric Morillo on and the place was going off. Had a great night daning out on the sand for most of it. Friends were staying at Es Vive, so had arranged for their own taxi to come and get us. Glad we had as it must be a nightmare getting a taxi there at closing time. Went back to Es Vive and partied in the little Experience bar, where the barman was happy for us to play our own stuff on the decks.

Best night: Blue Marlin / Es Vive

Worst night: Eden, but it was not bad, just not as good as the others.

Best place to eat: La Bodega (Ibiza Town). Nice food, freindly staff and great seats to watch the world go by.

Money spent: The usual

Biggest regret: Should have gone to Shadows on the Friday night.

Going back?: Always one more good trip to be had.

Top tip: Get a Monzo card to pay for things.
good review thanks! what happened to that kid who had a fit om the dancefloor? how did the security react? anyway very interesting to read!

Back