Tell us how it was - Ibiza 2019

Dates you were there: 22.08.-25.08.
went with my wife and one of her friends for a long weekend (usually we stay for 6-7days but for family reasons this time only 3 days)

Where you stayed: Migjorn Ibiza Suites & Spa, Platja d'en Bossa
Really nice hotel, great breakfast, really nice appartment, but expensive.

Club nights visited: Afterlife @ Hi, Transmoderna @ Pacha, Ants @ Ushuaia and Elrow @ Amnesia

Best night: Transmoderna with Dixon b2b Ame all night long. This was one of the best parties for me in a long time.
Ants and Elrow were really good. Had a great time there.

Worst night: Afterlife did disappoint a bit. I did enjoy the set of ANNA and Jamie Jones and we had a good time. But i am not sure if i would choose this party again.

Best bar: Did some bars in Bossa and in Ibiza town. Ibiza town is more interesting for bars imo.

Best place to eat: Allways enjoy the terrace of Hotel Garbi for some beers and Tapas. Nassau beach club was also nice.

Money spent: flight from Moscow 260 Euros p.p., 1600 Euros Hotel for 3 persons
beach clubs, restaurants, bars, clubs, etc. app. 2500 Euros for me and my wife (actually more than planned ?)

Biggest regret: none

Going back?: hopefully June 2020 for more days

Top tip: If you go to Elrow, take the balcony tickets. Its really worth to pay 20 Euros more and are able to dance.

Last edited:
went with my wife and one of her friends for a long weekend (usually we stay for 6-7days but for family reasons this time only 3 days)

Club nights visited: Afterlife @ Hi, Transmoderna @ Pacha, Ants @ Ushuaia and Elrow @ Amnesia

Best night: Transmoderna with Dixon b2b Ame all night long. This was one of the best parties for me in a long time.

Worst night: Afterlife did disappoint a bit. I did enjoy the set of ANNA and Jamie Jones and we had a good time. But i am not sure if i would choose this party again.

Best bar: Did some bars in Bossa and in Ibiza town. Ibiza town is more interesting for bars imo.

Best place to eat: Allways enjoy the terrace of Hotel Garbi for some beers and Tapas. Nassau beach club was also nice.

beach clubs, restaurants, bars, clubs, etc. app. 2500 Euros for me and my wife (actually more than planned ?)

Top tip: If you go to Elrow, take the balcony tickets. Its really worth to pay 20 Euros more and are able to dance.
Good review.

Agree with nearly all your points; love Migjorn (incl. breakfast), love ANNA, and get balcony tickets for Elrow...

?

Good review! Why would you not choose afterlife again? Is it the vibe, people are something missing from that night

Difficult to explain.
  1. Its the design of the club. You allways have the feeling everybody is moving, because of the different doors everywhere. Also If you stay in the back of the theatre you have a limited view because of the balconies left, right and top. I think only if you book VIP you have a good spot to enjoy the show (maybe i did not find the right spot)
  2. Something is missing. You do not feel the vibe.
  3. I am not much a fan of TOU, especially in a club for dancing Everbody just watch the show and record with their phones.
Again. We had a good time in the club room with ANNA, but this was the 3. time to Hi (in the dark 2016, Glitterbox 2017, and now). The best party was Glitterbox even I am not a big house/disco fan.

Maybe its the people, maybe the club, maybe my taste, maybe expecting too much

Hope I could help you.

Last edited:
Thank u very much , u tell it
Glitterbox a good party at Hi (from anyone not into House) & Afterlife ,a weak party ? with too much hype
1 afterlife is far enough to experience in ibz...

looks like i wont go afterlife with solomun end september...i find opening n closing 18 quiet OK for 20€ , but not ready to pay 40-50€ for it ?

Difficult to explain.
  1. Its the design of the club. You allways have the feeling everybody is moving, because of the different doors everywhere. Also If you stay in the back of the theatre you have a limited view because of the balconies left, right and top. I think only if you book VIP you have a good spot to enjoy the show (maybe i did not find the right spot)
  2. Something is missing. You do not feel the vibe.
  3. I am not much a fan of TOU, especially in a club for dancing Everbody just watch the show and record with their phones.
Again. We had a good time in the club room with ANNA, but this was the 3. time to Hi (in the dark 2016, Glitterbox 2017, and now). The best party was Glitterbox even I am not a big house/disco fan.

Maybe its the people, maybe the club, maybe my taste, maybe expecting too much

Hope I could help you.
I felt the same in Hi went twice last year and hated it! There feels like there is something missing to me and the people I didn't vibe with. Would be good if afterlife moved clubs. I will not be going hi again

Here is a quick review of our 2sd trip of the summer in the White Island :

Dates you were there: August 22th to 27th (5 nights)

Where you stayed: Figueretas (as always, no plans to stay somewhere else in the future)

Club nights visited:

Day 1 : Destino / Afterlife (we arived at 5...)

Day 2 : Heart (Be Crazy) Jean Claude Ades was surprisingly great (I did not know him much and I tought he'd be a bit cheesy, but not at all and great rhythm all night (pretty fast for house)

Day 3 : Elrow (ya again, but it's Vanessa's favorite...)

Day 4 : Beachhouse from 2 to 5 (VIP Ibiza for Vanessa) / food and balearic beat was just superbe

Bora Bora from 5 to 7 (Trash Ibiza for Thomas) / Our first visit (I loved it, but Vanessa not that much...)

Blue Marlin (Pete Tong) from 9 to 12 Good but too packed (by chance we had a restaurant reservation)

Solomun : Great as always (the new Pacha is just off the charts)

Day 5 : DC10 : Garden and Terasse till 3 (we left after Gerd Jansen's set) Adam Port and Reznic were so great to close the Garden. Unprecedant vibe!

Best night: Circoloco (and we missed the last 3 hours because of our early flight Tuesday morning, so I just cant imagine the absolute crazyness of closing that place!).

Worst night: Afterlife (and it's not only about the crowd, music was also not that good due to our very high expectations). But the most important, after 4 nights out there, where only Prydz's night was a great night (last year), me and Vanessa finaly conclude that Hï sucks and that we'll never go again (unless Prydz is back of course).

Best bar: Mambo Bar I guess (Old town)

Best place to eat: We realy liked Blue Marlin's restaurant this time (but dont leave too late if you need a taxi, cause the wait is ridicusly long when nobody else is coming in / we had to pay big bucks for a privite transport).

Money spend: Ridiculus...

Biggest regret: Lacking statima this time...

Going back?: Is that a serious question? Ibiza a way of life! But next year it should be with the kids (and maybe a new one)

Top tip: Go to Cala Salada (so amazing) The water is clear like the Carabeans and jumping from the cliffs is special.

Dates you were there:
24.8. - 31.8.

Where you stayed:
Hard Rock Hotel

Club nights visited:
elrow @ Amnesia
Tomorrowland presents Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike @ Ushuaia
Armin van Buuren @ Hi
Martin Garrix @ Ushuaia
Children of the 80s @ Hard Rock Hotel

Best night:
Armin van Buuren @ Hi - Best DJ in the world.

Worst night:
elrow @ Amnesia - Extremely crowded. Too many drunk kids. Had VIP tickets but were unable to reach the VIP balcony, which is not VIP by any means.

Best bar:
Dunes - Great staff, great cocktails, good crowd.

Best place to eat:
Restaurante La Tagliatella - Great food, service, location and value for money

Money spent:
Too much

Biggest regret:
Spending money and time on elrow @ Amnesia

Going back?:
Of course

Top tip:
Rent a car. Visit beaches and Formentera. Don't regret spending money on nice hotel, food and parties. Choose good DJs, stay away from mainstream and drunk kids.

Dates you were there:
24.8. - 31.8.

Where you stayed:
Hard Rock Hotel

Club nights visited:
elrow @ Amnesia
Tomorrowland presents Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike @ Ushuaia
Armin van Buuren @ Hi
Martin Garrix @ Ushuaia
Children of the 80s @ Hard Rock Hotel

Best night:
Armin van Buuren @ Hi - Best DJ in the world.

Worst night:
elrow @ Amnesia - Extremely crowded. Too many drunk kids. Had VIP tickets but were unable to reach the VIP balcony, which is not VIP by any means.

Best bar:
Dunes - Great staff, great cocktails, good crowd.

Best place to eat:
Restaurante La Tagliatella - Great food, service, location and value for money

Money spent:
Too much

Biggest regret:
Spending money and time on elrow @ Amnesia

Going back?:
Of course

Top tip:
Rent a car. Visit beaches and Formentera. Don't regret spending money on nice hotel, food and parties. Choose good DJs, stay away from mainstream and drunk kids.
Top tip : go to Pacha

Dates you were there:

23rd August - 30th August with my better half.

Where you stayed:

Palladium Palmyra in San Antonio. Great hotel by the way ?

Club nights visited:

Defected @ Eden
First night we got to Ibiza. This was really good, very busy and a great atmosphere. Came on loads since I first went in 2017. Really tired after an early hours check in, but we found it hard to leave. Belting out some classic house. Pete Hellers 'Big Love'.

Ants @ Ushuaia
Not everyones cup of tea, but we love the Ants night. Love a bit of outdoor dancing. Was loving it when they played 'Strings Of Life' by Rhythm Is Rhythm, the original version (or it sounded like it). Immense :D? and they pushed it 25 minutes past the official closing time. Total rebels ?

Elrow @ Amnesia
Holy shit! what the f*** is all this about ?‍♂️? such a good laugh! Loads of energy in the room. Bloke in a gorilla suit trying to get me in a headlock I think? I still haven't got my head around the total randomness and mayhem of it. Apparently Fatboy Slim was on? Never saw him, there was a speccy school boy looking bloke on but he was playing some good music. Played that 'Turbo Time' by Patrick Topping, I was throwing some shapes out like karate kid or something. Only downside is it got way too busy. We got in there really early and even got a free shot of something (tasted like aviation fuel) but by 0330 the boss had seen enough.We went back to San An as it was their national saints day and everywhere was open till 0500 and was a good atmosphere.

CircoLoco @ DC10
Can't remember a great deal from here if I'm honest. Went early to enjoy the garden and we randomly met up with a group of Scottish lads we had been on the piss with the night before. Really good laugh and a right set of characters. Carnage ensued lol. Only thing I remember is that the security are way over the top with an aggressive stance. Calm down boys. Left early for.......

Diynamic @ Amnesia
We were really looking forward to this. Coincidental I know, but there was a massive thunder storm raging at the time! Felt like we were going to see some sort of epic clash or stand off. We were also on 2c-b at this point (Nexus flip), it might of intensified it a bit. Great atmosphere inside. We seen a bit of everything. Adriatique was good and I enjoyed those pyramid lights moving up and down from the ceiling. My missus really enjoyed the music Solomun was playing, and so did I. Tempo changed a bit when that Capriati guy came on, and half of Italy turned up. To be fair though they were a good crowd. Dancing next to a group of Italian lads and they were really sound. Surprised me. Great night.

Resistance @ Privilege
Teamed up with the same group of Scottish lads. This was a really good night we really enjoyed it. Music was banging. Just loved the size of the place inside, was epic. Very busy but with plenty of room to get down and enjoy a dance. Really enjoyed hearing that Laurent Garnier track 'Feeling Good' and also 'Polarise' by Bart Skils. Our lass took a few videos on her phone, watching them back gets me really buzzing.

Cafe Mambo
Not a night out as such, but randomly one night we stayed down there after the sunset just chilling on the rocks with a few tinnies (classy couple) and that Laura lass with the saxophone came on at Mambo! First time we've seen her playing live and we thought it was brilliant! So good to see live.

Ibiza Town
Stuck a shirt and some chino shorts on and our lass spent about 4 hours doing her hair or something and trying on loads of dresses and asking my opinion ?‍♂️ jumped on the bus had a few drinks down Ibiza town. Some great little boozers tucked away around the streets.

Best night:
on the Soundcloud express they were all the best night ?

Worst night:
When we got home :( holiday blues kicked me squarely in the nuts ?

Best bar:
The Highlander in the West End. I know most of you detest the West End lol, but we enjoy having good craic with down to earth people. We find them in abundance down here. Good crowd in the Highlander and always a good laugh.

Best place to eat:
We were actually all inclusive, so ate at the hotel. We planned to go out at least once for an evening meal but the food was just too good at the hotel.

Money spent:
I'll get back to you on this one ?

Biggest regret: Like a right muppet I forgot my driving licence (bloody kids fault, they were doing my head in before we left). We were going to go on a quad bike trip. We went on a boat trip instead, around Es Vedra with Captain Nemo. Was really good actually. Especially enjoyed getting to jump into the sea. We stood right up the front and I'm not going to lie, I was pretending it was my own private yacht ? full speed ahead skipper! Plough through all the peasants on their pedalos.

Going back?:
Had such a great time this year we are now going to bow out and quit while we are ahead. Great nights out and met some really great people, this year has been our best. Thanks Ibiza, its been a pleasure ?

Top tip: The going back bit above is total bollocks, obviously ??

Thanks for reading ?

The drink u called aviation fuel is Mari Mayans Hierbas ? (if u taste homemade one,regular taste like fuel ive admit o_O)they give for free with shot, in terrace from midnight for 10mn

Last edited:
@AntonioGeordio are there any SoundClouds left on the island?

We didn't have many left after getting a bag of 10. I left the few remaining halfs next to the sink, maybe the cleaners get a day off now and then and can go fiesta loco.

I reckon their must be plenty on the island still. literally seen them everywhere mate. I think the Soundcloud press has been going strong since 2017.

Dates you were there:

23rd August - 30th August with my better half.

Where you stayed:

Palladium Palmyra in San Antonio. Great hotel by the way ?

Club nights visited:

Defected @ Eden
First night we got to Ibiza. This was really good, very busy and a great atmosphere. Came on loads since I first went in 2017. Really tired after an early hours check in, but we found it hard to leave. Belting out some classic house. Pete Hellers 'Big Love'.

Ants @ Ushuaia
Not everyones cup of tea, but we love the Ants night. Love a bit of outdoor dancing. Was loving it when they played 'Strings Of Life' by Rhythm Is Rhythm, the original version (or it sounded like it). Immense :D? and they pushed it 25 minutes past the official closing time. Total rebels ?

Elrow @ Amnesia
Holy shit! what the f*** is all this about ?‍♂️? such a good laugh! Loads of energy in the room. Bloke in a gorilla suit trying to get me in a headlock I think? I still haven't got my head around the total randomness and mayhem of it. Apparently Fatboy Slim was on? Never saw him, there was a speccy school boy looking bloke on but he was playing some good music. Played that 'Turbo Time' by Patrick Topping, I was throwing some shapes out like karate kid or something. Only downside is it got way too busy. We got in there really early and even got a free shot of something (tasted like aviation fuel) but by 0330 the boss had seen enough.We went back to San An as it was their national saints day and everywhere was open till 0500 and was a good atmosphere.

CircoLoco @ DC10
Can't remember a great deal from here if I'm honest. Went early to enjoy the garden and we randomly met up with a group of Scottish lads we had been on the piss with the night before. Really good laugh and a right set of characters. Carnage ensued lol. Only thing I remember is that the security are way over the top with an aggressive stance. Calm down boys. Left early for.......

Diynamic @ Amnesia
We were really looking forward to this. Coincidental I know, but there was a massive thunder storm raging at the time! Felt like we were going to see some sort of epic clash or stand off. We were also on 2c-b at this point (Nexus flip), it might of intensified it a bit. Great atmosphere inside. We seen a bit of everything. Adriatique was good and I enjoyed those pyramid lights moving up and down from the ceiling. My missus really enjoyed the music Solomun was playing, and so did I. Tempo changed a bit when that Capriati guy came on, and half of Italy turned up. To be fair though they were a good crowd. Dancing next to a group of Italian lads and they were really sound. Surprised me. Great night.

Resistance @ Privilege
Teamed up with the same group of Scottish lads. This was a really good night we really enjoyed it. Music was banging. Just loved the size of the place inside, was epic. Very busy but with plenty of room to get down and enjoy a dance. Really enjoyed hearing that Laurent Garnier track 'Feeling Good' and also 'Polarise' by Bart Skils. Our lass took a few videos on her phone, watching them back gets me really buzzing.

Cafe Mambo
Not a night out as such, but randomly one night we stayed down there after the sunset just chilling on the rocks with a few tinnies (classy couple) and that Laura lass with the saxophone came on at Mambo! First time we've seen her playing live and we thought it was brilliant! So good to see live.

Ibiza Town
Stuck a shirt and some chino shorts on and our lass spent about 4 hours doing her hair or something and trying on loads of dresses and asking my opinion ?‍♂️ jumped on the bus had a few drinks down Ibiza town. Some great little boozers tucked away around the streets.

Best night:
on the Soundcloud express they were all the best night ?

Worst night:
When we got home :( holiday blues kicked me squarely in the nuts ?

Best bar:
The Highlander in the West End. I know most of you detest the West End lol, but we enjoy having good craic with down to earth people. We find them in abundance down here. Good crowd in the Highlander and always a good laugh.

Best place to eat:
We were actually all inclusive, so ate at the hotel. We planned to go out at least once for an evening meal but the food was just too good at the hotel.

Money spent:
I'll get back to you on this one ?

Biggest regret: Like a right muppet I forgot my driving licence (bloody kids fault, they were doing my head in before we left). We were going to go on a quad bike trip. We went on a boat trip instead, around Es Vedra with Captain Nemo. Was really good actually. Especially enjoyed getting to jump into the sea. We stood right up the front and I'm not going to lie, I was pretending it was my own private yacht ? full speed ahead skipper! Plough through all the peasants on their pedalos.

Going back?:
Had such a great time this year we are now going to bow out and quit while we are ahead. Great nights out and met some really great people, this year has been our best. Thanks Ibiza, its been a pleasure ?

Top tip: The going back bit above is total bollocks, obviously ??

Thanks for reading ?
Great stay. We should have met at Elrow (Fat Boy Slim started around 3:30 BTW...) or DC-10 (amazing set by Adam Port and Reznik to close the garden). You so lucky you went to Amnesia that night (I heard it was the party of the year, so far...).

Great stay. We should have met at Elrow (Fat Boy Slim started around 3:30 BTW...) or DC-10 (amazing set by Adam Port and Reznik to close the garden). You so lucky you went to Amnesia that night (I heard it was the party of the year, so far...).

We should off mate! There's always next year I suppose. I'm always up for a bit of wife swapping :D? (joking)

Yeah we had a great night at Amnesia :D will be a hard one to beat I think.

Back