Tell us how it was - Ibiza 2018

Dates you were there: 6th-13th June

Where you stayed: Sa Clau in San Antonio. Newly refurbished and nice and modern inside but didn't end up with one of the rooms at the front with the sea/harbour view so bit gutted about that. Staff were nice and friendly and the shower was 10/10 though so would definitely stay there again.

Club nights visited: Cocoon at Pacha, Cuckoo Land Opening at Ibiza Rocks, Elrow at Amnesia, Defected at Eden, Circoloco at DC10.

Best day/night: The first night at Pacha for sure. It was my first time seeing Sven and first time at Pacha too. Gerd Janson was fantastic as well.

Worst night: Elrow. Not bad by any stretch of the imagination but just not really my scene.

Best bar: Didn't go to that many bars really. There was one in Ibiza town but I've got no idea what it was called. Golden Buddha was a lovely place to watch the sunset.

Best place to eat: I really enjoyed my steak at Kasbah and curry at Curry Club. Heard bad reviews for both mind so maybe I'm just easily pleased :lol:

Money spent: Not sure, probably around €800-900

Biggest regret: Not going to Music On cause we both got too fcuked at the Ibiza Rocks pool party during the day

Going back?: 4 nights in September is looking favourite at the moment but nothing booked yet

Top tips: definitely use the disco bus where possible and just buses in general instead of taxis. Saved an absolute fortune not getting taxis everywhere like usual.

Best night: Well... although I would usually save this section for club reviews only, I would have to say Friday 1st June which happened to be the night where my girlfriend agreed to marry me in our favorite place in the world with the backdrop of the Es Vedra sunset. A huge shout out to @stivi for his assistance in finding this particular spot amongst other things and helping in making the moment as special as it was. I know many others have mentioned him before, but he really does go beyond the call of duty with this kind of stuff, so I wanted to give him a mention.
Congratulations mate, hope it all goes well for you and the Mrs

Dates you were there: 21 - 26 june

Where you stayed: Sant Agnes, Private B&B

Club nights visited: Flash at Pikes, some preparties at Mambo, Elrow Far Rowest at Amnesia, Woomoon at Cova Santa and Circoloco at DC10

Best day/night: Best day was filled with swimming at the beach of Aquas Blancas. Best night: WOOMOON!

Worst night: Flash at Pikes. However Circoloco was very dissapointing too considering four dj's got pulled out of the line up including Peggy Gou we bought tickets for.

Best bar: Sa Trinxa

Best place to eat: Cafe Del Mar for the Sunset, Golden Buddha for the price and a hidden gem in a small cove for the food.

Money spent: Too much.

Biggest regret: Buying pre-sale tickets for Circoloco

Going back?: in four weeks

Top tips: Dont buy pre-sale tickets for 53Euro a piece unless you are sure of the majority of the line up :(

Last edited:
Circoloco was very dissapointing too considering four dj's got pulled out of the line up including Peggy Gou we bought tickets for.
In case you weren't aware the four DJ's that pulled out did so due to the fact that they are all close friends and the father of one of them died. Although I understand your frustration, that might put things into perspective.

Never buy pre paid tix for circoloco except Opening/Closing as price is same at doors 53€ & it won't raise to 73€ such Opening/closing

Last edited:
In case you weren't aware the four DJ's that pulled out did so due to the fact that they are all close friends and the father of one of them died. Although I understand your frustration, that might put things into perspective.
Yeah I heard. Off course it does put things into perspective, you're right about that.
On the other hand....the funeral is not at night. I understand that Jackmaster could not play. But peggy and sulta? Perhaps they could have taken the first flight back and attend after all. Also, there was no real clear communication from the artists or circoloco. Just a tweet that said the line up could change slightly and that was that. Doesnt really matter anymore, i'm not mad at the dj's or at the organisation. They can't help it. It was just dissapointing for us. DC10 is a great club though, but our vibe was kind aruined.

did you not hear about it beforehand then?
and had you known these 4 were not gonna be there, would you not have gone to dc10 then?

dc10 last monday by techno girl:
I hope that was the reason they sucked. Lol I was expecting so much more from both. Pan-Pot was boring tech and repeating tracks from other sets I’ve heard. Amelie Lens had no soul and was playing for headbangers. I’m not seeing them at Awakenings lol Techno Djs are great when they are sampling and not mixing straight up tracks after tracks. EDM Djs do that so what is all special about them? Maybe if they played live?! Ohh well

i' ve seen some of her videos, i'm good i didnt pay for that :D
I got 2 french girls 1 netherland mate there but they didnt make comments about this party

did you not hear about it beforehand then?
and had you known these 4 were not gonna be there, would you not have gone to dc10 then?
We had to guess from the timetable that was released that afternoon.
The Dj's themselves not even made it clear on their channels that they would not be there.
I had tickets that I tried to sell trough Resident Advisor but that did not work...so after a nice sunset at Mambo's (and Lovely Laura on Sax was pretty entertaining actually) we decided to go and just take a look after all. But I agree with the member above...it was not that good.
And if the line up did not have Peggy Gou in the first place...then I wouldn't have gone to DC10 no. But that's just a matter of taste or wanting to see a specific DJ very badly.

Elrow was nice but also a little mediocre for their standards. Only three confetti / inflatable moments and the crowd was not as dressed up as they were in Rotterdam or Berlin.
Art Department played a great set there though...with a classic Josh Wink around 5 in the morning to wake everyone up.

Woomoon is something else I must say. Might go to Sage at Heart next time, because all the Woomoon people are going there when the show's over.

Yeah I heard. Off course it does put things into perspective, you're right about that.
On the other hand....the funeral is not at night. I understand that Jackmaster could not play. But peggy and sulta? Perhaps they could have taken the first flight back and attend after all.

TBH I wouldn't fancy flying back and dj'ing if my close pals father had died and I had been at the funeral. Understand the disappointment but don't agree with this at all.
Circo also added some DJs to the bill at short notice so fair play to them for that.

Not to cause any upstir. Opinions may vary and thats a good thing. And i see your point.

But just want to ask a question to you and others; if the father of your close pal dies...wich I dont hope so...but if it happens...do you get the day off from work? The day before? The day after? People do buy tickets for them....we spend a lot of money to see them play.

You guys know whats even more eybrow raising...the fact that Jackmaster himself played the 25th of June (the Circoloco monday) with Sulta.
Ah well...over with it. Ill let everyone get back on topic. Will put my next 'How it was' after July 26th. :)

Understand you are disappointed but now and again these things happen.
Would I get the day off work for the funeral ... yes I would. Would I want to play at night following the funeral... no I wouldnt. Regardless of money I would miss out on.

Dates you were there: 6th-13th June

Worst night: Elrow. Not bad by any stretch of the imagination but just not really my scene.

You probably wouldn't say looking at my username...but I absolutely love Elrow...
However it was dissapointing in Amnesia. Any idea how come? Is the venue too big? The crowd a bit to generic? I'm not sure...but it was not the Elrow I came to love..

You probably wouldn't say looking at my username...but I absolutely love Elrow...
However it was dissapointing in Amnesia. Any idea how come? Is the venue too big? The crowd a bit to generic? I'm not sure...but it was not the Elrow I came to love..

how many elrows have you done in your life?

Three in the Netherlands
One in Berlin. That last one was the best.

ok.

you may have caught a mediocre day maybe, but seeing you have been to quite a few already, maybe you just don't get surprised anymore? I remember my first elrow parties here - I was never a big fan of the music they played (too generic for me), but will admit it was good fun and especially because it was something new. then I had one more funny one just when they had moved to space...and that's it. it's obviously totally down to personal taste, but I for one just have grown super tired/bored of the whole concept. and I know quite a few people that say the same. great for a few times...and then meh.

Back