Tell us how it was - Ibiza 2018

Dates you were there: 25th June - 3rd July

Where you stayed: Can Daniel, a private Villa about 10 minutes from the airport (Was amazing and couldn't have asked for anything more

Club nights visited:

Monday 25th
- DC10 - Circoloco
Tuesday 26th - Benimussa Park (Capadi Rebelsland) + Underground (Tini and The Gang)
Wednesday 27th - Pacha - Cocoon
Thursday 28th - Hi - Afterlife
Friday 29th Hi - Glitterbox (I know Hi 2 nights in a row o_O was not the plan however to Bambuddha before and wanted a pretty easy going night. Had a proper good laugh at Glitterbox though and would recommend it highly for something not to serious/
Sunday 1st - Zoo Project + Pacha (Solomun +1)
Monday 2nd - Amensia (Game Over)

Best day/night:
Best day has to be any day in the villa. It was just perfection and the best place for our private afters as a group. Lots of different places to chill including terraces looking out over the sea, hammocks and a lovely pool area.
Best night was Cocoon or Underground. Cocoon was just simply class all round. Loved the new Pacha the music was top notch this night! Underground was also brilliant. Very different to most venues in Ibiza and has a very nice relaxed chill out area out front. Can definitely see myself coming back here soon!

Worst night: Cant say one! If I had to be picky I would probably day Circoloco as I probably overdone it a little to early when we first arrived on the island and by the time we got to DC10 I already felt f*****! Also I somehow managed to fall into one of the roped off areas and get myself kicked out around 1:30-2am :spank:

Best bar: Didn't really go to many bars but one I did visit is one I went to last year which I really like. Its in Ibiza Town on some steps in Dalt Villa I believe its called S'Escalinata and its a lovely relaxed bar where you sit on beanbags.

Best place to eat: Bambudhha by a long shot! One of the best meals I have ever had and the setting of the place was lovely. Had a nice big table for 7 with the thing that spins in the middle so easy for sharing. Had the King Crab Legs to myself as a main and they were amazing!!

Money spent: Way too much!!

Biggest regret: Literally can't name one was the best Ibiza trip yet and honestly would have changed anything!

Going back?: Hell yeah!!! Already booked for 3-6 October for Cocoon/Afterlife/Destino Closings + It's my birthday on 5th :p:rolleyes:

Top tips: Get a villa! If you have never done this it was the best thing about our trip!

Edit: Should have added I finally managed to meet the legend that is @stivi in Amnesia! Great to finally meet you hopefully catch you again in October.

Last edited:
Dates you were there: 27th June - 5th July

Where you stayed: First night just a crash at Lux Mar then had a villa in Sa Carocca with 6 close friends and three tots in total including my 8 month old. Villa was good had a decent pool area and was kid safe but air con issues in some of the rooms.

Club nights visited: Only DC10 for me...was a close call and nothing was really jumping out at me. Slight regret that we didn't do Solomun and Mano the night before but we fancied a bit of a dance in the garden and that turned out really well. Marcel Dettmann and Black Madonna were very good in the terrace and caught a solid bit of San Proper in main room who is nuts but always seems to work. One of my mates over did it and I ended up taking him back prematurely about three thirty so missed DVS1...there's always next time!

Best day/night: One of the great things about having the nippers is that most mornings we were up and out before 09.30 - had some cracking mornings at cala saldeta and cala tarida and also salinas - evenings were great with the football on, bbq on the go and the beer/wine flowing.

Worst night: Not really applicable

Best bar: Had a few bevvies one afternoon at Sa Trinxa...music was deffo lower but still great atmosphere

Best place to eat: Had a superb meal at sa punta one night me and the mrs managed to sneak off just ourselves...we always eat there once per trip and its still great having a drink there on the terrace and then getting a nice meal in downstairs...wanted to go somewhere new maybe further north but didn't really have the flexibility this time round.

Money spent: Not too bad this time round!

Biggest regret: None really...a very different trip but still very enjoyable!

Going back?: Late October Formentera for a week.

Top tips: Just echo what most of the veterans say get a car and go exploring and always try as many new places to eat as possible!

Last edited:
Dates you were there: 25th June - 3rd July

Where you stayed: Can Daniel, a private Villa about 10 minutes from the airport (Was amazing and couldn't have asked for anything more

Club nights visited:

Monday 25th
- DC10 - Circoloco
Tuesday 26th - Benimussa Park (Capadi Rebelsland) + Underground (Tini and The Gang)
Wednesday 27th - Pacha - Cocoon
Thursday 28th - Hi - Afterlife
Friday 29th Hi - Glitterbox (I know Hi 2 nights in a row o_O was not the plan however to Bambuddha before and wanted a pretty easy going night. Had a proper good laugh at Glitterbox though and would recommend it highly for something not to serious/
Sunday 1st - Zoo Project + Pacha (Solomun +1)
Monday 2nd - Amensia (Game Over)

Best day/night:
Best day has to be any day in the villa. It was just perfection and the best place for our private afters as a group. Lots of different places to chill including terraces looking out over the sea, hammocks and a lovely pool area.
Best night was Cocoon or Underground. Cocoon was just simply class all round. Loved the new Pacha the music was top notch this night! Underground was also brilliant. Very different to most venues in Ibiza and has a very nice relaxed chill out area out front. Can definitely see myself coming back here soon!

Worst night: Cant say one! If I had to be picky I would probably day Circoloco as I probably overdone it a little to early when we first arrived on the island and by the time we got to DC10 I already felt f*****! Also I somehow managed to fall into one of the roped off areas and get myself kicked out around 1:30-2am :spank:

Best bar: Didn't really go to many bars but one I did visit is one I went to last year which I really like. Its in Ibiza Town on some steps in Dalt Villa I believe its called S'Escalinata and its a lovely relaxed bar where you sit on beanbags.

Best place to eat: Bambudhha by a long shot! One of the best meals I have ever had and the setting of the place was lovely. Had a nice big table for 7 with the thing that spins in the middle so easy for sharing. Had the King Crab Legs to myself as a main and they were amazing!!

Money spent: Way too much!!

Biggest regret: Literally can't name one was the best Ibiza trip yet and honestly would have changed anything!

Going back?: Hell yeah!!! Already booked for 3-6 October for Cocoon/Afterlife/Destino Closings + It's my birthday on 5th :p:rolleyes:

Top tips: Get a villa! If you have never done this it was the best thing about our trip!

Great review!! I am going same days as you for closings, will be at cocoon and afterlife and my bday is the 6 Oct! Haha

I didn’t really ever feel that atmosphere what everyone on here has experienced and that has kept me going

Yeah.... having a similar experience now. I think it is a lingering stress of worrying about your kid, not being able to sit and have a proper meal out, my 1yo baby crying in public, etc.

My 5yo picked up a gas bottle on the strip yesterday.:lol::mad::lol:

Probably the tension eases a bit as they get older...

Dates you were there:
06.11 to 07.05

Where you stayed:
Like always...

Club nights visited:
ADID @ Blue Marlin
Cocoon @ Pacha (Solomun plus Papa Sven, but, the cherry on the cake, going there with my personal "Discover the new Pacha and enjoy all you can" guide, Stivi himself.
Not in Club, but partying too, Sant Joan Party, with an unforgettable mix of my very closed friend Iain, plus 2 private villa Parties.
Best night:
Both.
You can't compare a night @ Pacha, an afternoon with Lee Burridge and YokoO, and a village street party or an after with a group of 20 in a villa.
Every thing was pure happiness and magic.

Worst night:
Je n'ai pas compris la question.
I didn't understand the question

Best bar:
Chiringuito del Puerto in Portinatx, of course, my heart is inlaid in the wood of this shack.

Best place to eat:
Didn't had the time to discover new places this time, so I won't repeat what I said since ages...
La Luna, Cala Xucla, Restaurante 2000,Balansat, etc...

Money spent:
To be honest?
Around 3000.
But every Euro was well spent.
Food,wine, clothes, clubs, beers,drugs,taxi(how nice it is to come back from ibiza totally stoned without worrying about the cops, accident or whatever could happen on the road.
What a luxury thing at my advanced age.).

Biggest regret:
Not having enough time for all my friends.
I feel blessed to know or to meet for the first time all these lovely people there, locals, seasoners, tourists.
This year I just met the kind of people I love, humble, opened, simple but smart.

Going back?:
Naaah... I don't think so, Croatia looks great ..
Of course, September I think, or maybe later ..
The question is, will I buy a return ticket?

Top tip:
Follow the wind, follow your heart, plan nothing.
For example, a concept I never understood, the pre-sale tickets? :confused:

And now... A few feelings, memories, thoughts...
Since 1994,it was one of my 5 best summer holidays in ibiza.

Everything was perfect, the weather, the food, the people,the parties, etc...
One of my greatest memories is the afternoon at ADID, when, after hours chatting with him on messenger, I finally met Lee Burridge,this 15mn with him were unforgettable.
This guy restored my faith in dj's, the real ones who are not doing it ONLY for the money (hey, I am not credulous, not sure he would smile like this for 1000 euros /month).
What a lovely, different and funny character I met.

Also this day I was with my very close-up friends, and last but not least, I met Stivi best half Míriam, plus, second cherry on the cake, I met a legendary Spotlight forum member, Alex aka kimajy.

Thinking about Alex, so it's time to talk about Spotlight...

The regulars here are knowing I have a nice relationship with the Clubbing Section Guru here, Stivi, since he decided 2 years ago to stop at my place here in France for one of the nights of his walking trip.
We are staying in touch since,chatting about ibiza on whatsapp all year long, had a great dinner in April, and this summer, after this really cool but short time at BL, we finally had a great evening and night between the dinner and the clubbing night @Pacha...
What a bromance :lol:...

Stivi is one of those characters who are making ibiza so special for me.

Because for him ibiza is much more than clubs and parties, he's in love with this little white rock, as I am.

Chatting with you at 8 am during our walk between Pacha and Dalt Villa was priceless.

Please, clubbers, the ones who only know 5 roads in ibiza, the ones between DC10, Playa d'em Bossa, Pacha, Amnesia, etc..., please open your eyes, your minds and hearts, and explore the island and the people who are living here...
They deserve it.

Spotlight, a website about a ibiza, a bizzness, and... A forum.
A virtual place where you talk about ibiza with people from all over the world:

Now Marcellus Wallace(non stop dancing and smiling guy, so even if we didn't talk a lot, we shared some cool time) has a face I will remember with a smile on my face.

Casa Negron is not just a Bum lover with perverses eyes.
f***! This guy looks great!!
When he, and his lovely family gently stopped to talk with me(I think he recognized me because there's not a lot of French drunken people like me in Portinatx, but, hey, well done! Your "are you Juan Miguel from Spotlight?" is still one of my highlights of the season) , I wondered why Jammie Fox and Halle Berry were talking to me:eek:
Beautiful little family who are coming from so far to enjoy ibiza... Respect !

Alex.
We just shared a few hours on the dancefloor, but the connection with my group and I worked immediately.
As I know this bunch of crazy people, when I saw how they were enjoying chatting and laughing with you, I felt
confident with you.
Next time a barbecue on Stivi terrace will be unmissable (Stivi, you know what you have to do...)

And now, The Legend ...
Sometimes I was thinking he was not real, a virtual member made by the bosses of Spotlight to catch audience on the net.
But he's real, I met him.

I met McRackin!!!
Maybe the only ibicenco here on Spotlight?

And the Ibicencos means a lot to me.

McR, I share with you (and just a few ones here, which makes me sad often) your fears about the environmental and social future of the island.

A la merda, tots ses caps de faves :D

So, as you surely understood, we(me and Nathalie, my lovely partner in crime with who all this story would not have been possible, she's the real ibiza lover after 45 years visiting the island, I am a newbie compared to her, I never went to Amnesia openings for the summers of love 87-89 for example :rolleyes:) had a blast this last 4 weeks.

I didn't travel a lot in my life, but I am sure this place is one of the most magical in the world.

Gracias ibiza, nos vemos pronto

P. S: excuse me by advance for the grammar or spelling faults,
My english is worst than my Spanish, which means a lot.

So happy that you are fully part of the Spotlight family Jean Michel and that your time on the island was so perfect. I am sure we will meet again soon enough !

Yes - por supuesto!

I’ve been feeling really negative/low recently (taking break from facebook) and I think we just miss you guys in Sept but yes definitely - i think ibz does rejuvenate people! Maybe a visit in the colder months?

we will be back second half of september for sure...
And our 'forever coming to Portinatx" plan is "En Route"...
So definitly thee is a chance to share some magical moments quickly...

Yes - por supuesto!

I’ve been feeling really negative/low recently (taking break from facebook) and I think we just miss you guys in Sept but yes definitely - i think ibz does rejuvenate people! Maybe a visit in the colder months?
my wife called time on our relationship a month ago. I have a solo trip booked for clockwork weekend and I wasn’t going to go but my dad being 76 and the only man I take advice from has told me go. To be honest it will make or break me. I look at the island as a magical place. I only go once a year but feel home as soon as I land. I’m not sure what it is but something grabs me (and it’s not my ex wife) in my opinion it definitely rejuvinates the right people

Dates you were there:
06.11 to 07.05

Where you stayed:
Like always...

Club nights visited:
ADID @ Blue Marlin
Cocoon @ Pacha (Solomun plus Papa Sven, but, the cherry on the cake, going there with my personal "Discover the new Pacha and enjoy all you can" guide, Stivi himself.
Not in Club, but partying too, Sant Joan Party, with an unforgettable mix of my very closed friend Iain, plus 2 private villa Parties.
Best night:
Both.
You can't compare a night @ Pacha, an afternoon with Lee Burridge and YokoO, and a village street party or an after with a group of 20 in a villa.
Every thing was pure happiness and magic.

Worst night:
Je n'ai pas compris la question.
I didn't understand the question

Best bar:
Chiringuito del Puerto in Portinatx, of course, my heart is inlaid in the wood of this shack.

Best place to eat:
Didn't had the time to discover new places this time, so I won't repeat what I said since ages...
La Luna, Cala Xucla, Restaurante 2000,Balansat, etc...

Money spent:
To be honest?
Around 3000.
But every Euro was well spent.
Food,wine, clothes, clubs, beers,drugs,taxi(how nice it is to come back from ibiza totally stoned without worrying about the cops, accident or whatever could happen on the road.
What a luxury thing at my advanced age.).

Biggest regret:
Not having enough time for all my friends.
I feel blessed to know or to meet for the first time all these lovely people there, locals, seasoners, tourists.
This year I just met the kind of people I love, humble, opened, simple but smart.

Going back?:
Naaah... I don't think so, Croatia looks great ..
Of course, September I think, or maybe later ..
The question is, will I buy a return ticket?

Top tip:
Follow the wind, follow your heart, plan nothing.
For example, a concept I never understood, the pre-sale tickets? :confused:

And now... A few feelings, memories, thoughts...
Since 1994,it was one of my 5 best summer holidays in ibiza.

Everything was perfect, the weather, the food, the people,the parties, etc...
One of my greatest memories is the afternoon at ADID, when, after hours chatting with him on messenger, I finally met Lee Burridge,this 15mn with him were unforgettable.
This guy restored my faith in dj's, the real ones who are not doing it ONLY for the money (hey, I am not credulous, not sure he would smile like this for 1000 euros /month).
What a lovely, different and funny character I met.

Also this day I was with my very close-up friends, and last but not least, I met Stivi best half Míriam, plus, second cherry on the cake, I met a legendary Spotlight forum member, Alex aka kimajy.

Thinking about Alex, so it's time to talk about Spotlight...

The regulars here are knowing I have a nice relationship with the Clubbing Section Guru here, Stivi, since he decided 2 years ago to stop at my place here in France for one of the nights of his walking trip.
We are staying in touch since,chatting about ibiza on whatsapp all year long, had a great dinner in April, and this summer, after this really cool but short time at Blue Marlin , we finally had a great evening and night between the dinner and the clubbing night @Pacha...
What a bromance :lol:...

Stivi is one of those characters who are making ibiza so special for me.

Because for him ibiza is much more than clubs and parties, he's in love with this little white rock, as I am.

Chatting with you at 8 am during our walk between Pacha and Dalt Villa was priceless.

Please, clubbers, the ones who only know 5 roads in ibiza, the ones between DC10, Playa d'em Bossa, Pacha, Amnesia, etc..., please open your eyes, your minds and hearts, and explore the island and the people who are living here...
They deserve it.

Spotlight, a website about a ibiza, a bizzness, and... A forum.
A virtual place where you talk about ibiza with people from all over the world:

Now Marcellus Wallace(non stop dancing and smiling guy, so even if we didn't talk a lot, we shared some cool time) has a face I will remember with a smile on my face.

Casa Negron is not just a Bum lover with perverses eyes.
f***! This guy looks great!!
When he, and his lovely family gently stopped to talk with me(I think he recognized me because there's not a lot of French drunken people like me in Portinatx, but, hey, well done! Your "are you Juan Miguel from Spotlight?" is still one of my highlights of the season) , I wondered why Jammie Fox and Halle Berry were talking to me:eek:
Beautiful little family who are coming from so far to enjoy ibiza... Respect !

Alex.
We just shared a few hours on the dancefloor, but the connection with my group and I worked immediately.
As I know this bunch of crazy people, when I saw how they were enjoying chatting and laughing with you, I felt
confident with you.
Next time a barbecue on Stivi terrace will be unmissable (Stivi, you know what you have to do...)

And now, The Legend ...
Sometimes I was thinking he was not real, a virtual member made by the bosses of Spotlight to catch audience on the net.
But he's real, I met him.

I met McRackin!!!
Maybe the only ibicenco here on Spotlight?

And the Ibicencos means a lot to me.

McR, I share with you (and just a few ones here, which makes me sad often) your fears about the environmental and social future of the island.

A la merda, tots ses caps de faves :D

So, as you surely understood, we(me and Nathalie, my lovely partner in crime with who all this story would not have been possible, she's the real ibiza lover after 45 years visiting the island, I am a newbie compared to her, I never went to Amnesia openings for the summers of love 87-89 for example :rolleyes:) had a blast this last 4 weeks.

I didn't travel a lot in my life, but I am sure this place is one of the most magical in the world.

Gracias ibiza, nos vemos pronto

P. S: excuse me by advance for the grammar or spelling faults,
My english is worst than my Spanish, which means a lot.

Brilliant post!

Back