Tell us how it was - Ibiza 2016

Money spent: £300 for the villa (Villa was £5500 for 10 days), £200 on the flights, €1100 spending money
You did it quite cheap ive spent £450 on a package and 1400e on this years week trip haha. Interesting about cream i seen pvd do a classic set at cream closing 2 year ago was unforgettable. Crowds these days just grave the edm malarky though :(

Dates you were there: 14/09/16 - 18/09/16

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Central Park Apartments - San Antonio

Club nights visited: SOLOMUN LIVE @ Ushuiaia. Afterlife @ SPACE. MUSIC ON @ AMNESIA

Best night: Afterlife

Worst night: I'd say the last night, will elaborate in my review.

Best bar: ITACA

Best place to eat: Ritas for breakfast. Grill San Antonio for Spanish food.

Money spent: £1,300 altogether

Biggest regret: Not going to Tapas

Going back?: 2018 openings

Day one of review to start tonight. Stay tuned

i was very burnt the day of cox & didnt planned it until midnight but having good mates that are very enthusiatic help me to go for this night :cool: i was planne just to drive mates at Space that day..luckily ive done Cox party at space as all parties were on dates i was not in ibz, opening(too soon) & closing(too lzte for 1 day :mad: but there will be his after party ssh & Space closing...)...
Cream Amnesia..What did u expect? :D
Tropi was empty opening 16 :lol: only the dj :p
after party cocoon, was it allowed with wristbands given at cocoon party?
15 people in a villa? should be chaos :lol:

Cream parties can vary in quality. So be it.
Can say I packed out Tropi. :p
We had our own after party.
And 18 of us in the Villa

You did it quite cheap ive spent £450 on a package and 1400e on this years week trip haha. Interesting about cream i seen pvd do a classic set at cream closing 2 year ago was unforgettable. Crowds these days just grave the edm malarky though :(

Part 1 wasn't too bad. I think the ITE crowd definitely helped with that though. I'm always careful of spending money in Ibiza, try to stick to £100 per day. If I go over, I skimp elsewhere to cover.

When i was there - 02/09/16 - 09/09/16

Going back - no probably not I'm afraid. Been ten times now and for the money you spend I think I'd rather do another two weeks in Mexico 5 star all inclusive for the same price a week in Ibiza costs us.

I have to sadly agree with this, for the amount of money you spend in Ibiza you'd expect higher quality accommodations for example. Basics such as a coffee maker and heated pools don't even exist and the rampant pickpocketing and shadiness all around really detract from from the experience. It really depends how much you're into the scene. I'm really big into it, so I go, but if not, then you'd be hard pressed into staying there. My hotel in Es Canar was great though, a total 180 from both hotels I stayed in in San Antonio, but it's so far away from PDB/Ibiza Town.

Music ON is an Overrated party & pricey :eek:
R u all taking drugs to enjoy it? :lol:
I don't :cool:(..eg got other party such as night of The classics at Heart with Wally lopez Cesar Del Rio,, good old House Tech house music, nice spot,balearic vibes, on gueslist of the dj(price is only 30€), drinks price fair & u want me to pay 70e without drinks in a rammy place ? :eek:..i m not a tourist...
The 2 us girls went to Music on as i told them i will be there & they didnt like it & ask me a place to hang around 5.00am ...maybe i should tell them , dont move i'm coming & we ll make illegal party in Dalvilla hills :cool:..i didnt have any ideas of events of sat morning around 5.00 am...

I didn't bother with Music ON as well, and I had two chances to go. Appalled at the 70 Euros entry price for a jam that I suspected would have go nowhere Tech-house music, although some of the Apollonia nights looked promising. Like Cocoon is better with better DJs and is cheaper too.

"Best place to eat: Tapas in San Antonio did some lovely food, best I've had on the island, with Chiringuito Pascual a close second in Port de Sant Miguel"

@Ikoda - My home page photo says it all!!!

I have to sadly agree with this, for the amount of money you spend in Ibiza you'd expect higher quality accommodations for example. Basics such as a coffee maker and heated pools don't even exist and the rampant pickpocketing and shadiness all around really detract from from the experience. It really depends how much you're into the scene. I'm really big into it, so I go, but if not, then you'd be hard pressed into staying there. My hotel in Es Canar was great though, a total 180 from both hotels I stayed in in San Antonio, but it's so far away from PDB/Ibiza Town.

Am choosing cancun next year too just value for menu was unreal maybe will just have to like edm and rnb for that holiday hahah. Come September probably have a late few days booked in white isle though always happens :D

Am choosing cancun next year too just value for menu was unreal maybe will just have to like edm and rnb for that holiday hahah. Come September probably have a late few days booked in white isle though always happens :D
BPM festival? Best of both worlds?

Yeah looks good but the people am attending cancun with aren't the same crowd I would go to Ibiza with so wouldn't bother them. But honestly cancun djs need a lesson or too

totally agree. Just a couple of decent clubs / bars playing decent music would make such a difference there.

I've done an all inclusive trip to Cancun for a week back in 2007, stayed at the Riu Cancun. You get heated pools there (or was it heated by "other" substances?:confused:). Beach had that Caribbean quality to it but was sorta skinny. Cancun doesn't have a shred of the DJs Ibiza gets, but yeah is cheaper and is less manic. It all depends on what you want. No where else in the damn world are you gonna find the daily lineups Ibiza has consistently from May'ish to early October, in a quasi tropical environment to boot. But I have to admit I was craving an all inclusive trip sorta to be away from raving after my Ibiza trip this year- a vacation away from vacation!

I've done an all inclusive trip to Cancun for a week back in 2007, stayed at the Riu Cancun. You get heated pools there (or was it heated by "other" substances?:confused:). Beach had that Caribbean quality to it but was sorta skinny. Cancun doesn't have a shred of the DJs Ibiza gets, but yeah is cheaper and is less manic. It all depends on what you want. No where else in the damn world are you gonna find the daily lineups Ibiza has consistently from May'ish to early October, in a quasi tropical environment to boot. But I have to admit I was craving an all inclusive trip sorta to be away from raving after my Ibiza trip this year- a vacation away from vacation!
Love that hotel booking for end of June 2017. Yeah but when a DJ plays indie/edm/rnb/chart in the space of 15mins it's pretty poor haha

Dates you were there: 07/09/16 - 17/09/16

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Villa Nieves, just north west of of San Rafeal

Club nights visited: Connect @ Es Paradis, Cream Closing Part 1 @ Amnesia, SuperMarTxé @ Privilege, Captured @ Benimussa Park, Cocoon @ Amnesia, Connect @ Es Paradis, Cream Closing Part 2 @ Amnesia, several random trips to Tropi

Best night: Cocoon @ Amnesia
My first real techno experience on the island, and one of my first ever techno club nights since I actually started to listen to techno.
And I was absolutely blown away. Honestly, it just wowed me. Everything did. Music was amazing.
DJs were amazing. Koze was my favourite, watching him warm up for 3 hours and just build... and build... and build... was just so good.
Sven played some cheeky trance towards the end, which was lovely to hear. And Beyer just did what I needed. Much Drumcode.

Worst night: Cream Closing Part 2 @ Amnesia
Amazing how you can have both your best and worse night in the same club within five days of each other.
The cream crowed were terrible, but I guess when you have Fatboy Slim playing, that's what you get.
Both Ferry Corsten and PvD played EDM and trouse garbage. Very disappointing.
Mark Knight played an interesting house / commercial dance set, which for me was the best out of what was offered.

Best bar: Tropi, as always. Cheap to drink a lot, and Oscar is an amazing host

Best place to eat: Tapas in San Antonio did some lovely food, best I've had on the island, with Chiringuito Pascual a close second in Port de Sant Miquel

Worst place to eat: Kanya - 18 of us went for a meal. Nearly half of us were unhappy with it.
They've changed their menu this season, and their portion sizes have shrunk. Disappointed with it, and won't return again.

Money spent: £300 for the villa (Villa was £5500 for 10 days), £200 on the flights, €1100 spending money

Biggest regret: Not making it to Carl Cox @ Space. Got absolutely ruined at Cocoon and the after party at the villa. Was in bed by 10pm on the Tuesday so not Carl Cox

Going back?: Part XI will happen next year, but imagine it'll be back to a hotel, maybe all inclusive, in San An bay, and will only be 5 nights.
No more extended trips til at least 2020.

Gigs: Connect Pre Party @ Plastik, Cream Pre Party @ Tropi

Top tip: I hired a car for the first time in ten trips this season. And it made such a difference and gave me a lot more freedom.
Had to be far more careful though as I won't drink and drive.
Got to see almost the whole island this trip. Never left the clubbing areas before, so very chuffed about that.

I am going to get my review up in the next couple of days. The last hour of PVD's set at Cream was unreal. Classic after Classic until Fila came on. I played the Cream Pre Party in Tropi that night as well - ForzaDuo

Dates you were there: 11/09/16 - 18/09/16

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): invisa es pla San Antonio

Club nights visited: Cocoon @ amnesia - Paradise @ DC10 - Afterlife @ SPACE.

Best night: Afterlife

Worst night: no club night but saturday was terrible for me...

Best bar: ITACA

Best place to eat: Ritas and a place up the back/end of the west end i cant remember the name of unfortunately. tried Tapas but they were full and Ricon de pepe(?) as well ...booooo

Money spent: £3,200 all in from leaving the house to getting home

Biggest regret: Not going to Tapas and hitting the ibizan brick wall on saturday morning rendering me absolutely useless and missing Zoo

Going back?: not sure yet whether next year yet but i am not saying no just yet

Back