Summer Dieting....

but I just find myself so tired once I get home from work after travelling that I really have to push myself.

excercise = boring
I totally feel your frustrations, I only go to the gym at weekends, I simply cannot manage it after work, I usually don't get in till nearly 6.30 after an hours drive home and if I tried to go to the gym after work I wouldn't get back home till about 8 and with shower and eating my evening would be gone. Exercise IS boring!

you laugh, but I found it harder to give up crisps then cigs .....

phil couldnt eat them in the house in front of me until the beginning of this month...

now I can go to a shop and buy them for him and not have cravings.... :oops::oops::oops:

you laugh, but I found it harder to give up crisps then cigs .....

phil couldnt eat them in the house in front of me until the beginning of this month...

now I can go to a shop and buy them for him and not have cravings.... :oops::oops::oops:

Very well done :) :)

As I posted earlier in the thread I can't kick the damned things :( Trying to survive this week on one multi pack of Beefy & one of Cheese & Onion (Seabrook), 12 bags for the week will be a good achievement. I'm sure they add something to the packets to keep fools like me hooked:lol::lol:

I have to say I don't agree with point number 3 though, especially if you combine it with point number 5, as long as you burn off the calories you eat it doesn't matter when you eat them. If you gorge yourself late in the evening and then get up at 7am and have a huge breakfast then you'll put on weight but if I haven't eaten anything since about 6pm and then try and do a workout in the gym at 8am, the next morning I have no energy and feel really weak, I like to eat a big dinner, especially with rice or pasta if I'm going tothe gym the next day and I often eat later than 7pm but then I burn it off in the morning.

Yep, nothing wrong with that. Just the earlier you eat in the evening the more energy you are going to continue using before sleeping. Not all foods are stored or converted into energy the same way unfortunately.

Again morning training really helps out. After not eating for 7 hours+ your muscle glycogen levels and your blood sugar levels are at their lowest. So during your early morning training you will start to use body fat as a source of energy instead of the muscle glycogen it usually uses.

tom

. So during your early morning training you will start to use body fat as a source of energy instead of the muscle glycogen it usually uses.
That's enough to get me in the gym in the morning, I like the sound of using body fat rather than muscle glycogen, I have quite a bit on my bum that could fuel a few workouts :)

I totally feel your frustrations, I only go to the gym at weekends, I simply cannot manage it after work, I usually don't get in till nearly 6.30 after an hours drive home and if I tried to go to the gym after work I wouldn't get back home till about 8 and with shower and eating my evening would be gone. Exercise IS boring!

I get home at 7 after a 45 min train journey :confused:

Yeah same here, would leave me with very little time to do much else. I think once we move out together then it wont be such a big problem as at the moment trying to fit everything in becomes one big headache :p

Should make the most of the light evenings really.

I am finally back to my perfect weight :)

I don't diet and I have given up the gym!

I walk to and from work burning 600 calories extra a day (5 miles each way and it is only 15 mins extra in time)

Then I run home 2-3 times a week and do weight training at home every other night

I can still eat lots of crap. I had 9 mini cadbury bars last night :oops:

I am finally back to my perfect weight :)

I don't diet and I have given up the gym!

I walk to and from work burning 600 calories extra a day (5 miles each way and it is only 15 mins extra in time)

Then I run home 2-3 times a week and do weight training at home every other night

I can still eat lots of crap. I had 9 mini cadbury bars last night :oops:

Your my idol :p

I am doing weight watchers diet but I don't go to their meetings, I just follow their theory. What I like of this diet is that I am allowed to have pasta, bread or even rice wich I can live without! of course you can eat whatever you want as long as you don't go over your dayly points! so basically is my perfect diet! I think the idea is cut fat short ! I can manage to make a tomatoe and basil spaguetti for just 4 points satiety!!! of course you must not abuse! but I can have 2 plates if I am very hungry! Vegetables and neally all fruits are free! you do not count them! so pasta and rice with a small amount of oil with lots of vegetables and some soy sauce or chilly or garlic! are some of the meals I can aford everyday! I have been 2 months and I have lost so far 5 kilos! :D

I am doing weight watchers diet but I don't go to their meetings, I just follow their theory. What I like of this diet is that I am allowed to have pasta, bread or even rice wich I can live without! of course you can eat whatever you want as long as you don't go over your dayly points! so basically is my perfect diet! I think the idea is cut fat short ! I can manage to make a tomatoe and basil spaguetti for just 4 points satiety!!! of course you must not abuse! but I can have 2 plates if I am very hungry! Vegetables and neally all fruits are free! you do not count them! so pasta and rice with a small amount of oil with lots of vegetables and some soy sauce or chilly or garlic! are some of the meals I can aford everyday! I have been 2 months and I have lost so far 5 kilos! :D

I used to do weightwatchers years and years ago BUT I didnt have the discipline with the points system - by Thurday I had eaten my full weeks worth of points.... :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: :oops:

Do you follow it online or something?

Oh no... that looks like it requires a lot of exercise! :oops: :lol:
Do need to firm up the belly. Not so concerned about pecs and such. I'm thinking I might just start a sit-ups/push-ups morning routine.

Oh no... that looks like it requires a lot of exercise! :oops: :lol:
Do need to firm up the belly. Not so concerned about pecs and such. I'm thinking I might just start a sit-ups/push-ups morning routine.

Don't neglect your cardio though mate... ;) Jesus, i sound like im working there again.

J

I am trying to gain weight instead of lose it - if I lose weight no-one would be able to see me anymore LOL:eek:. I've been very skinny most of my life and would love to look fitter and stronger. I have started lifting some weights to get some strength in my stick-insect arms but I have no clue if I'm doing it right or wrong :oops:. I don't want to go on a junkfood binge though and trying to do it sensibly.

I envy women with curvy bodies :(!!!! *sigh*

I am trying to gain weight instead of lose it - if I lose weight no-one would be able to see me anymore LOL:eek:. I've been very skinny most of my life and would love to look fitter and stronger. I have started lifting some weights to get some strength in my stick-insect arms but I have no clue if I'm doing it right or wrong :oops:. I don't want to go on a junkfood binge though and trying to do it sensibly.

Do you do any cardio? Maybe you should concentrate on more weights or a class like body pump? Plenty of good food as well & lots of protein. Try this.

http://www.maxiwomen.com/howtotoneup

J

I much prefer doing weights over cardio. Also don't believe the myth about women becoming too muscular, it is virtually impossible.

If you want to look toned and curvy diet is just as important and weight training

It's ****ing hard! :(

It is easy to be skinny or fat but so so hard to look fit

I used to do weightwatchers years and years ago BUT I didnt have the discipline with the points system - by Thurday I had eaten my full weeks worth of points.... :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: :oops:

:lol::lol:Thats me, normally! but not being able to fit into any of my last summer clothes was my turning point! I have put on loads of weight this winter! the 5 kilos I have lost is a small amount of the weight I have gained !
Do you follow it online or something?
Well not exactly! Nobody watchs me or follows my progress wich is why people go to weigth watchers meetings! but there is a spanish site with all the theory and points book and then there is a forum of people who is doing this diet witcht I usually read to get some ideas for recipes!

Good progress! :D

And HELLO by the way :D Que tal, chica??

yesss I am very very happy and I still have a long way before I get to my perfect weigth but I feel so light compared to months ago!
I am very happy at the moment, nothing to complain about: family, friends, love, work, everything is perfect! tomorrow I going to Madrid for the weekend, as I know the city quite well my weekend will involve beer, food, beer maybe wine and as we celebrating my boyfriends birthday maybe cava?? jajajaja how wrong is to say this in a summer dieting thread!!! :lol::spank:
y tú, qué tal estás??
o yesss something to complain about Real Madrid argggggg and Florentino is comming back:eek::spank::rolleyes:
kisses!!!!

Do you do any cardio? Maybe you should concentrate on more weights or a class like body pump? Plenty of good food as well & lots of protein. Try this.

http://www.maxiwomen.com/howtotoneup

J

Thanks for this, I'll have a good read through. I have a cross-trainer at home which I use daily but I yank the resistance up so it's super heavy as I'm not intending to lose weight - I thought I was on the right track but is that so? I don't go to the gym as I don't like it. At the moment I have 3 & 4 kg weights (dumbells) as that's the most I can handle *blushes*.

The problem is that I'm a celiac - I cannot stuff my face with fresh bread & pasta which I absolutely LOVE, everything has to be gluten free. Sucks big time, definitely on holidays as many restaurants think I'm on some sort of Atkins-diet. Cardboard-version of a bread is just not the same :lol:. Apart from that I'm definitely not a fussy eater, I love almost everything.

Back