Summer Dieting....

No I meant the chocolate... sorry if u already knew that but I can't tell if your joking or not!

...As for the special K diet

I tried it for a while but I started to think the world was made of paper as a trick and only I existed... also it made my fingers really fat what a useless diet that was :rolleyes:

No I meant the chocolate... sorry if u already knew that but I can't tell if your joking or not!

...As for the special K diet

I tried it for a while but I started to think the world was made of paper as a trick and only I existed... also it made my fingers really fat what a useless diet that was :rolleyes:

Of course I was joking :). Humour is often lost in text - particularly when it's bad :)

The world made of paper - and only you existed?? Jeez, What type of Special K diet were you on??! :eek:

Of course I was joking :). Humour is often lost in text - particularly when it's bad :)

The world made of paper - and only you existed?? Jeez, What type of Special K diet were you on??! :eek:

I thought it was a quick fix to get skinny... you can say that again.. I was like a skeleton within 5 minutes of beginning the diet. It did my head in a bit... You know when your on a diet and time goes really slow cos you just wanna eat chocolate, well on the special k diet one day felt like a week! Proper weird!

Reached a new low yesterday 77.5kg, having started off at 87kg.

What a quite scary though and puts it into perspective is that the wifes packed suitacase weighs the difference!

That's amazing stuff JPF. You must feel great about it. 10kg is quite a haul! :D :D :D

Just curious - how tall are you and what's your build?

I'm 175cm (5'9") and I've got a relatively athletic build so when I last weighed 77kg (about 12 years ago!) I was very thin... which I really like looking back at old photos but I think it's an unrealistic weight to maintain at this age.

My progress:
I started at 88 or 89 kg (195 pounds)
(unsure because I was using mechanical scale at the time... assuming 89 because when I switched to my new digital one I "gained" a kg )

After dieting for 6 of the last 8 weeks, I am now down to.... 81.2 kg (178.6 pounds) :D
I'll be happy to hit 80 before my holiday next week. When I get back, i think I'll keep going until 78-79.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ooh, can I join in? Need to lose a suitcase of excess :eek:

Was an average 80kg (176lbs) and running and racing for an athletic club regularly (40-60 miles per week :eek:). Then through a serious back injury (couldn't walk for a month) couldn't run again for a couple of years. Hence the weight gained to a current average 95kg (209lbs) :eek:

Strange thing is, for the last 5-6 years I've gradually built up my running to roughly half what it was. I run 4-5 times per week, if I'm out with my mates then its usually 5 miles, if I'm running by myself it's often 5-8 or occasionally 10-12 miles.

From the waist down I look very athletic, from the waist up just a fat barsteward :lol: The amount of running I do I should look like a stick insect :lol:

Don't drink when I'm DJing on a weekend, only water. But, Mon-Thurs...... Wetherspoons..... Coors........ oh dear. :oops::lol: I think age doesn't help either, I passed 50 several years ago :cry:

Last edited by a moderator:
:oops:

Had a bit of a mishap with the slimfast..I bought Tescos own make one and it wasnt mixing with the milk properly it was like drinking a glass of milk with floaters of chalk on the top... turns out I was supposed to be mixing it with boiling hot water

Anyone know the secret to losing stomach fat went from 13 stone to 11 and a half but the beer belly i still there. Its starting to do my bap in!!!!!!:evil:

Anyone know the secret to losing stomach fat went from 13 stone to 11 and a half but the beer belly i still there. Its starting to do my bap in!!!!!!:evil:

Running is the best way to get rid of belly fat or loads of cardio plus even more dieting.. make sure you do loads of crunches so that you have a nice 6 pack ready for when the belly is gone 8)

I am trying to gain weight instead of lose it - if I lose weight no-one would be able to see me anymore LOL:eek:. I've been very skinny most of my life and would love to look fitter and stronger. I have started lifting some weights to get some strength in my stick-insect arms but I have no clue if I'm doing it right or wrong :oops:. I don't want to go on a junkfood binge though and trying to do it sensibly.

I envy women with curvy bodies :(!!!! *sigh*

Same here... I've spent many years trying to fatten up a bit (mainly my legs)! Got an appetite like a horse so that doesn't mean a thing! Started seriously doing all sorts (running, cycling, yoga and plenty of weights and protein shakes, high protein diet etc) about 2 years ago to see if it would work, and i became much stronger but muscles on a little stick insect don't look that great! You end up just looking like a skinny gym freak!

I've got lazy now and couldn't be arsed. This is how i am. Too bad! :)

Annoying thing is when people constantly comment and say things like " Geez woman... EAT something! "

Good luck...

I actually made it through vacation without gaining weight :D

I really held back on the eating the first few days down in Montenegro. Ate lots of fish, too, and still minimal carbs..... until I got to the Exit Festival and started scarfing down pleskavicas (Serbian burgers... yum!) and fresh corn on cob. :lol:

80kg. One more to go...
Then I am making the biggest pot of spaghetti bolognese ever!

I really held back on the eating the first few days down in Montenegro. Ate lots of fish, too, and still minimal carbs..... until I got to the Exit Festival and started scarfing down pleskavicas (Serbian burgers... yum!) and fresh corn on cob. :lol:

80kg. One more to go...

Me too :p

We ate 3 times a day and drank quite a bit (especially the old cervesas :eek::lol:)......but I seem to be the same weight....maybe sweating everyday in the heat kept it off :lol:

80kg. One more to go...

Excellent. You can now pirouette around your manbag ;)

Me too :p

We ate 3 times a day and drank quite a bit (especially the old cervesas :eek::lol:)......but I seem to be the same weight....maybe sweating everyday in the heat kept it off :lol:
I'm thinking all that dancing about at Exit probably helped.
I would have probably lost weight had it not been for the 10+ pints of beer per day :lol:

WOOHOO!!!

I saw 79 kg on my scale for the first time in a decade today :D :D :D

VICTORY! :D

3 months (minus 3 weeks while traveling) to lose 10 kilos. About a kilo a week on average. Not bad.

I think I'll keep going for one more kilo though so that my victory feast doesn't push me back up over my target :lol:

Back