Spotlight Book Group

You and your friends sound very special! :lol: Liking the Home and Away link (anyone watching it at the moment? Has Peter worked out that Zoe "The Stalker" is living next door to him??).

Jez - I thought The Curious Incident was brilliant. He's got a new one out hasn't he?

Sorry Holly I'm working in another time zone this week (damn nights:spank: )
Hence my incredibly slow and limp reply of...erm dunno:oops: I did really enjoy it though, the first book I haven't been able to put down for ages!

Rach have you seen that there is a follow-up to Intimate Adventures of a London Call Girl, it's called The Further Adventures of a London Call Girl - I can't wait to buy it, I love reading about bs and fisting on the tube in a morning :eek: :lol:

Rach have you seen that there is a follow-up to Intimate Adventures of a London Call Girl, it's called The Further Adventures of a London Call Girl - I can't wait to buy it, I love reading about bs and fisting on the tube in a morning :eek: :lol:

Sounds good, beats the Metro anyway. :lol:

Old dogs, fat lazy slags, gollum/she-boggles...we are in our prime!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: I guess that sums us up quite well really :lol:

It's a good job I met Tom when he was too young to realise there was anything better out there :lol: As for you I fear you may be a lost cause :confused: :lol: ;)

:lol: :lol: :lol: I guess that sums us up quite well really :lol:

It's a good job I met Tom when he was too young to realise there was anything better out there :lol: As for you I fear you may be a lost cause :confused: :lol: ;)

Yeah, that's why I have to prey on younger men. :lol:

Yeah, that's why I have to prey on younger men. :lol:

:lol: It's a good tactic - get them when they're too young to realise any better and then snare them in before it's too late for them to escape :lol: It worked for me :lol:

Is it time to go to the pub yet :lol:

:lol: It's a good tactic - get them when they're too young to realise any better and then snare them in before it's too late for them to escape :lol: It worked for me :lol:

Is it time to go to the pub yet :lol:

Maybe we should pretend we've both got external meetings to go to, then by the time everyone else arrives we'll be rolling about the place. :lol:

Maybe we should pretend we've both got external meetings to go to, then by the time everyone else arrives we'll be rolling about the place. :lol:

:lol: Just what your work colleagues want to see after a hard days work - a Gollum and a Sheboggle rolling round the place :eek: :lol:

Have you read any of the other Danny Wallace books?? I loved Join Me and Are you Dave Gorman, wasn't overly impressed with Googlewhack Adventures tho.

:oops: I'd never heard of him before this here very post!:oops: Will go see after reading this... might even get to start it tonight... last night shift thank f!

I've just finished reading the new Ben Elton - Chart Throb - an absolutely hilarious pi$$ take on all those reality TV shows and the monkeys that enter/watch them :lol:

I finished "Never let me go" by Kazuo Ishiguro.
It's a very strange and tender story about friendship, quite terrific, but worth de read

Over Christmas I read:

Gary Barlow's autobiography (thanks Babs :lol: ). Loved it, cried at the end. :oops: Not bad for possibly the most boring bloke on the planet. :lol:

"On Beauty" by Zadie Smith. Really good read, but she's clearly too clever for me - I didn't realise it was meant to be a modern reworking of "Howard's End".

"The Disappearing Act of Esme Lennox" by Maggie O'Farrell. Also really enjoyed this, but I didn't like the ending.:confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back