Space Closing Party?

I feel sorry for you guys. I normally always book the closing party and wouldve done so this year too by now.

I would say though that if you cant change your flight / hotel it wont be that bad. Just think of every other person who's done the same thing as you, it will definitely not be quiet in the island that weekend and possibly every other club will now be much busier and better.

good point!! love the positivity... wasnt looking forward to a packed out Space anyway

**** space , we are already booked our flights from 1 october until 6 october.

but who cares ???????

l_9f08de9add27435499350636720c892e.png

8)

Any info about this ??

One more question...what time does space closing party normally close?

Not been for 2 years but use to be 8am at the earliest.
I remember a couple of years Morillo and Cox playing till gone 9.30am.

Might be different with all the new laws now though

im gonna be there the 23rd-30th so im gonna be there for this. gutted for those who had booked holidays for the next week

im in 2 minds as to whether or not im excited about this. will it be as busy as the the opening party? with the earlier opening times will we get pass outs? will the line up change?

can't belive this...i've also booked my flight extra for space closing in october. They don't care about all who have already booked. Hope there is still something to make party this weekend. I saw Amnesia Closing is on 3rd October, is this right?

Dale, it has always been like this, there was never an exit from Space, the only party that allowed people to get out was Sunday @ Space and that was only if you got in before 4 PM, you would get a bracelet that would allow you to go out once and come back.

They stopped it in 2007 when the party hours changed, once you are in Space you better be ready to stay there for the whole party...

I have to say that I agree with what was written above, in the past few years when I came to Space it doesn't feel like the old Space, it feels like they just care about your money, they don't try to deliver the same feeling as before, not even close...

There's a feeling that Space is just trying to get as many money from you as they can, and with Amnesia just getting stronger and stronger with Cocoon they just can't match the competition, I mean just look at the lineups of We Love this year, boring, nearly exciting, focusing on futuristic Techno and Minimal when all we want is to kick it in the terrace...

I don't know, maybe the Space age is over...

I waited more than two hours :spank: to bring in for closing 2008 ,opening 2009. I hope that they are going to improve the management of people who return and who go out for not not to have to wait so much :?:

There's a feeling that Space is just trying to get as many money from you as they can, and with Amnesia just getting stronger and stronger with Cocoon they just can't match the competition, I mean just look at the lineups of We Love this year, boring, nearly exciting, focusing on futuristic Techno and Minimal when all we want is to kick it in the terrace...

I don't know, maybe the Space age is over...

It's totally true

Last edited by a moderator:
Dale, it has always been like this, there was never an exit from Space, the only party that allowed people to get out was Sunday @ Space and that was only if you got in before 4 PM, you would get a bracelet that would allow you to go out once and come back.

They stopped it in 2007 when the party hours changed, once you are in Space you better be ready to stay there for the whole party...

Thats not true, We Love Space on Sundays still give you a passout wristband, and if the Space closing party is now being combined with the "We Love" closing party, then they should really give you a passout especially if it opens at 16.30.

I am not saying that they will, just that they should:!:

One more question...what time does space closing party normally close?

2007 space closing stopped at 7:30am

will we get pass outs?

correction: for space opening and closing parties, there are no passouts nowadays. once you're in, you're in. but it hadn't always been like this, until at least 2005 they definitely did give out passouts.
for we love, you STILL get a passout if you arrive early (i think it's either 6pm or 8pm nowadays) that entitles you for one re-entry. saying this, i don't think they will give out passouts for this year's we love closing, as it will be the space closing party at the same time and hopefully they'll open up the car park as well!

regarding the line-up, this will be an interesting subject. will it be the "normal" we love closing line-up plus additional dj's for the flight arena (car park) and the sunset terrace early afternoon?

EDIT: attention: i-voice says we love is closing on sept 20, space homepage although says they're doing a joint-closing on sept 27.

Last edited by a moderator:
There's a feeling that Space is just trying to get as many money from you as they can

Correct:!: Space, Pacha, Amnesia, Privilege, Eden, Es Paradis......all have been trying and mostly suceeding to extract as much money from us as possible since they opened their doors, this is the purpose of their existence, to make as much money as possible and if making the best parties means they make more money then they will be motivated to do this, if people stop going they will change their approach.

I dont think that Amnesia charging me €40 to get in and €20 for a drink is any less greedy than Space, just because they have different djs with a different style of music.

line up for sep 27:

LUCIANO–PENDULUM–GUY GERBER–TIEFSCHWARZ–JEFF MILLS-WALLY LÓPEZ–NICK CURLY–DUBFIRE–REMO-2MANY DJs-DAVID GUETTA-HOT CHIP-SMOKIN JO-PAUL WOOLFORD-ELIO RISO-IAN BLEVINS-JAMES ZABIELA-PAUL MOGG-DAVID PHILLIPS-ALFREDO-JASON BYE-JONATHAN ULYSSES-ANDY BAXTER-ROB DA BANK-OSCAR CANO-TOM NOVY-OSCAR COLORADO-ALEKSIA-CAMILO FRANCO-ORIOL CALVO-PAUL DAREY-LEWIS RYDER-JEM HAYNES-RYAN O’GORMAN-JAMIE JONES & CLIVE HENRY-COLEY-ANDY CARROLL-BEN KORBEL-JON HOWELL-JAMIE FAT NECK-JONATHAN GREY-MR DORIS

as far as i can tell, other than a few names (pendulum etc), its pretty similar to the We Love closing line up that was already scheduled on that date anyway.

line up for sep 27:

LUCIANO–PENDULUM–GUY GERBER–TIEFSCHWARZ–JEFF MILLS-WALLY LÓPEZ–NICK CURLY–DUBFIRE–REMO-2MANY DJs-DAVID GUETTA-HOT CHIP-SMOKIN JO-PAUL WOOLFORD-ELIO RISO-IAN BLEVINS-JAMES ZABIELA-PAUL MOGG-DAVID PHILLIPS-ALFREDO-JASON BYE-JONATHAN ULYSSES-ANDY BAXTER-ROB DA BANK-OSCAR CANO-TOM NOVY-OSCAR COLORADO-ALEKSIA-CAMILO FRANCO-ORIOL CALVO-PAUL DAREY-LEWIS RYDER-JEM HAYNES-RYAN O’GORMAN-JAMIE JONES & CLIVE HENRY-COLEY-ANDY CARROLL-BEN KORBEL-JON HOWELL-JAMIE FAT NECK-JONATHAN GREY-MR DORIS

No Cox, Lawler, Sasha or Digweed... must be the first time in ages none of these have played at the space closing

Not that I've been planning ahead or anything (ahem ;)) but my big bday (30th!) next year should theoretically be falling on Space closing too, 3rd of Oct. Had planned the biggest celebration in history, but this news makes me think I might be one week late.

Hope its a one off this year and it returns to normal next year.

Back