Space Closing 2016

Heard oxia domino 3 times and gabriel ananda doppel whipper, rebeka brown sun rising up, blackwater, ocatve one....tunes!! Missed erik morillo, wally lopez,

I queued for about 30mins just after 7pm. The ticket queue was much longer than the 2 paying queues but i did get in before people who joined those at the same time.

I bought 10x long drink vouchers (€160) and decided id try and do a drink per hour with the 2 'free' ones also.

Saw Javi Bora, Darius & the start of Steve Lawler. Went front left about 20 yards back from stage. Plenty of room.

Went for a wander into the terrace and caught Eli & Fur. Very good (to look at :twisted:) bit deep for that time i thought then saw Bob Sinclar who i thought was fantastic. Big party tunes, just what was needed. Caught the end of Zabiela playing Stranger to Stability then went to see Alex P & Block, just looked like 2 drunken party animals to me :lol:. did my first pizza stop at this point.
Wasnt hungry or lacking energy but was planning ahead.

Caught the start of Cox outside before making my way into the terrace again. I was standing in line with the dj booth but at the back by a pillar. Busy but enough room to dance. Stayed for Morillo (only time i heard Oxia -Domino) and Sanchez.

Then went to the sunset terrace and met Stivi, looking very suave in his black suit & hat, elmooreo & one other forum member whos name i forget (apologies). Good chat and dance before moving on.

Caught first 30mins of Sasha before going to the terrace again for Kolsch, Eats & Yousef.
About 6am i was starting to feel it, legs and back were in some discomfort. Went and got more pizza then went for a 30min sit down in El Salon.

Felt like a new man after this. Headed to the main room where i remained for the rest of the morning. (Popped up to Premier Etage for a bit of sunshine dancing too.) Stood on the right hand side, upper level, plenty of dancing room.

Carl & Nic B2B is such a good pairing, so much energy and good music. Good to see Solomun pop in and seemed to be having a good laugh . People desperate for one more track but once the curtain came across that was it.

I never felt uncomfortable but it was very busy. Was difficult to get a drink at times, some bar staff were all over the place. Spent €340 including ticket. Worth every cent.

That's awful. You should think about reporting it. There should be cctv and chances are they will have tried it with others too and hopefully others have reported such incidents.
I told the bouncer last night and he told me to go to lost property!! Went there and the girl told me to write my name and number down with what was "lost" and they'd call if it was found. No interest at all! Annoyed as I was so so careful all night but had to get the guy out of my bra over holding on to my bag!

Wow what an amazing night that was! Left at 8:30 and am gutted to didn't make the end but everything was just unbelievable! Got back to hotel and watched it live until 11 then needed sleep! The que was horrendous but was so f***ing worth it once inside!

We are carrying on straight through to dc10. Such a good night and not at all as busy as I feared, even at 2 when people left the car park. Well done Space, you saved it after the queue debacle.

Solomun, Tale of us, Roger sanchez all great sets. Still emotional with it all. Didn't make the meeting up unfortunately

Well ive just sat down to watch some of the footage from last night..... I thought i was depressed today ... Well i certainly am now! It has really just sunk in! I am actually so upset about it, its ridiculous!!

Gutted i never made it last night, i have picked an almighty year to not be visiting Ibiza thats for sure. Exactly 365 days ago i was over there.... That is exactly the kind of luck i have lol. I am jealous of all who went lol huge respect for anyone that went last night/this morning. I bet the hangovers were non exsitent due to the memories and the feeling you had today. Bet it was epic!

Thats it now, no more.... What will be of Space in the future? Who knows at this period of time but one thing is for sure... The building known as Space sitting on that piece of land next to the waterpark has made millions of people happy over the last 27 years, we all have our own memorys and favourite times of it. Forever those will live with us especially now as Space has had its last Closing party.

This day is a day i will regret for the rest of my life i can assure you of that! I do hope it re-opens elsewhere, im sure it will if Coxy is commenting like he has about it. Ultimately though it wont be the same as MK1 and the legend that it is.....

Goodbye Space, we love you. Thanks for the memories...

16hrs baby, 8pm till noon. My back gave out half way....about 7vodka with redbull/water. The gift bag and the free drinks were wonderful and generous.
I want one of them 27 tshirts, cant find one anywhere... another reason to bang my head on the wall haha :spank:

I want one of them 27 tshirts, cant find one anywhere... another reason to bang my head on the wall haha :spank:
I wanted some t shirts when I was there and thought I would save my money and get them online when I got home. Everything is sold out :(

I wanted some t shirts when I was there and thought I would save my money and get them online when I got home. Everything is sold out :(

I know absolute nightmare lol. Whats more annoying is that when u go on Space store it looks like they have restocked, as soon as you click on size it says out of stock.... done that about 3 times now lol

Does anybody know who was the "Surprise Live Act" from 02:00 to 02:15 in the Flight Area? I was in the Main Room and haven't been able to find out.

Great night, by the way.

Incredible night. Somehow managed to stay until the final curtain, after the craziness of the queue and waiting almost 3 hours to get in (missing Lawler in the process!). Managed to catch some of Cox outside, as well as Morales on the terrace which was special. Caught some of Blocko and P too, top set. Spent a lot of the night in El Salon listening to Igor Marijuan, great vibes in there, felt like an old Ibiza party. Couldn't have asked for more in the last hour from Cox and Fanciulli, so many classics and a perfect finish.

Also, spotted some guy on the Sunset Terrace at about 11pm looking very worse for wear with had no shoes on, then spotted him again right at the end, he had inexplicably been able to last the whole night and had managed to acquire some oversized flip flops from somewhere!

Does anybody know who was the "Surprise Live Act" from 02:00 to 02:15 in the Flight Area? I was in the Main Room and haven't been able to find out.

Great night, by the way.
They played John Lennon imagine with the words on a big screen, then someone said a choir sang a song. Not checked it yet but it's on be-at tv

same here!

last tune on terraza was another earth by tale of us, sadly I missed the end in the discoteca as I was expecting this floor to remain open for another few hours!

ah well. it was SO worth it though.

I got on another at 1130, prepping to leave the Terrace when it finished and hammer out another 4 hours or so in the main room! Couldn't believe they ended the whole thing at 12... Ended up grabbing a giant blanket from my hotel and just laying on bora bora beach rolling around with my gf yelling curses at Stivi for making me think it would go to 4! Just kidding, :D regret nothing! Hooked up a finish spotlighter named Marko with a ticket and Made it in around 10pm, stayed all the way till Noon and pissed it didn't keep going on as I didn't see the last tune from Cox since I was on the terrace! All in all a blast but the place was simply just way overcrowded, I understand why, but after 27 years I was hoping it would at least be a reasonable amount of overcrowding, not much how much occurred. I actually sat down on the couches on the top floor at Etage from 130-330am and then sat on the couches in el salon from 4am to 6am and just let everyone tire out, went hard for the last 6 hours. Paul Reynolds was amazing while sitting in el salon, but Maceo Plex on the terrace set of the night. Tale of Us on the car park sucked. Wasn't the time or place for what they played IMO, and their terrace set, while good, was overshadowed by maceo and Solomun IMO

Back