Solomun + 1

Solo is amazing. I think the hype-train will takeoff soon though. Better enjoy this night while you can.

Being our first time seeing solomun live.. would you recommend his pacha night the same as you would his all night set at Enter Space?
3rd September for Enter or 6th September for pacha..?

Being our first time seeing solomun live.. would you recommend his pacha night the same as you would his all night set at Enter Space?

Don't mean to be rude, but you were talking about Bob Sinclair and Children of the 80s on another thread.... You do know what kind of music Solomun plays yeah? ;)

Don't mean to be rude, but you were talking about Bob Sinclair and Children of the 80s on another thread.... You do know what kind of music Solomun plays yeah? ;)

If you read the posts you would have seen it was my sister going to children of the 80s and I was recommending Bob Sinclair for her ;)

If it's a toss-up between the 2 and you haven't seen Solly in Pacha yet, then do that. Or do both.. I think he will play very different sets. ;)

I have been a fan of his for years. Think I am choosing the Enter date plus his Destino date over his +1 dates (he plays 4 dates whilst I'm there!) simply because I'm interested in what he plays at Enter - have never seen him do a more 'upbeat' set like I guess this will be and I have never been to Destino and it looks decent!

Solo is amazing. I think the hype-train will takeoff soon though. Better enjoy this night while you can.

I think I mentioned this above, and this is something that Steve Hulme commented on when he was still at Pacha. When Solomun started at Pacha in 2013 it was strange in that the night almost grew / was busier in the VIP/bottle service part as opposed to what usually happens i.e. a night grows from the dancefloor and then the "in crowd" get hold of it and then flock there. Don't get me wrong, Pacha was still been pretty damn busy for his night in 2013/4, but it seems to be this year that people who usually would only be seen at Cocoon/MusicOn Circo etc...... are starting to flock in greater numbers to it. This maybe has a lot to do with the fact that Pacha suffers from a lot of "inverted snobbery" from many who prefer their tech/techno - and so it has taken some people a few years to really comprehend that Pacha has one of the best tech/techno/underground music nights on the whole damn island! And hence this year............. Road blocks....

Can't wait for Sunday 6th September... In all my times on The Island never been to Pacha, and have never seen Solomun. Were there for a week and this is the night I'm really looking forward too!

I think I mentioned this above, and this is something that Steve Hulme commented on when he was still at Pacha. When Solomun started at Pacha in 2013 it was strange in that the night almost grew / was busier in the VIP/bottle service part as opposed to what usually happens i.e. a night grows from the dancefloor and then the "in crowd" get hold of it and then flock there. Don't get me wrong, Pacha was still been pretty damn busy for his night in 2013/4, but it seems to be this year that people who usually would only be seen at Cocoon/MusicOn Circo etc...... are starting to flock in greater numbers to it. This maybe has a lot to do with the fact that Pacha suffers from a lot of "inverted snobbery" from many who prefer their tech/techno - and so it has taken some people a few years to really comprehend that Pacha has one of the best tech/techno/underground music nights on the whole damn island! And hence this year............. Road blocks....

I think Pacha had a underground night in mind since they signed him. It just took a while for the crowd also for Solomun to hit full stride like he now does in Pacha.

Talked to a guy from my nation that are a huge fan of Pacha and have been going for 20 years and he told me what you said here.
For them its super important in this day an age to attract the more underground crowd. Not just for Ibiza but also because Pacha is a global brand today.

Never been a fan of Solomun before and not a huge fan of the genre since im mainly into trance. But i was blown away by this night. What a nice crowd, perfectly busy and Solomun is a giant as a DJ. His poise, focus and skills are topshelf.

Although i fear that the in-crowd could destroy this eventually so im going to enjoy it one more time this season.

Went to Solomun+1 for the night he did with Pete Tong in early July. Was a great party and was still going off at 815 when it shut down. I have seen Solomun at Cova Santa, Amnesia, Sankeys and Pacha and I have to say I liked him at Sankeys the most. This was also before he really blew up in Ibiza and the party was still focused on Diynamic as a whole rather than him. Sankeys vibe also wasnt as british as it normally is, although there were definitely a good amount. But Solomun's music that night was so wide reaching because he hadnt blown up yet. Ill never forget a pretty lady in the booth bringing him a whiskey shot, taking a glowstick headband, and using it to hold a white towel draped on his head like he was a sheikh..and then just dropped Hate it or Love it By 50 cent/the Game to close the night after already touching on elements of disco/deep house and then moving into techno. I've seen Solomun 10 times or so, and this is still my favorite memory of him..amazing that its a rap song..but no shame, the place lost it.

That being said, his nights at Pacha are awesome though, Pete Tong played a very good set and although we had wished for Dixon or Ame, Tongy was very good! The only issue with Pacha is from the hours 1-430ish its VERY busy, i like to have space when im dancing probably more so than most people, so getting bumped into or being crowded can really set my night the wrong way and the one difference in a packed Solomun night is the crowd is way more stuck to their spot and dancing rather than running to the bar 1,000x times and then pushing your way back to the front to take photos. I just like to locate myself next to one of the pillars and dance next to that as a shield :)

yeah there 3/10-10/10 so will get to see him at Destino closing. With the marathon that is the closings I don't think it would be wise to get on the plane having had no sleep.

Back