Solomun +1 @ PACHA 2022 - Reviews & Reports

Watched the Nobody Is Not Loved live stream tonight. Adriatique were superb. And Solomun after a ropey start was class. Im sure I read that last week he played some weird shit that sounded like the Tuk Tuk song? It started a bit like that here, but when it got going he was playing some heavy techno and then through to some soft trancey sounds then even some acid house and piano house towards the end, plus a song that reminded me alot of Born Slippy. The lyrics were something like "Im a disgrace im on ecstasy". Ended on a remix of Home which im guessing is unreleased.

Next time I hear Adriatique + Solomun will be at Solomun +1 (Adriatique). Happy days 😀

I’ll admit I’ve not been to a +1 night, or other Solomun set yet this season, but there are a lot of comments about Solomun changing styles during a set, and changing his style week to week.

Yeah, he’s called Solomun and he’s done this since 2013 and before.

Maybe the changes are more pronounced this season, and I’m not dismissing peoples comments, but Solomun has never played the same style every week for the last 10 years. Or the same style even within a set / across a night.

Watched the Nobody Is Not Loved live stream tonight. Adriatique were superb. And Solomun after a ropey start was class. Im sure I read that last week he played some weird shit that sounded like the Tuk Tuk song? It started a bit like that here, but when it got going he was playing some heavy techno and then through to some soft trancey sounds then even some acid house and piano house towards the end, plus a song that reminded me alot of Born Slippy. The lyrics were something like "Im a disgrace im on ecstasy". Ended on a remix of Home which im guessing is unreleased.

Next time I hear Adriatique + Solomun will be at Solomun +1 (Adriatique). Happy days 😀
Lucky man...

My next date is one week later, +1 Dixon.

The song was DJ Hooligan - System Ecstasy

Where's a good place to go before pacha ? Just disco bus straight there or are there good bars around it worth checking out???

Ah man that sucks cancelling at the last minute! Guessing no refunds either, although don't know what else is on anyways

If you’re playing Pacha & Solomun, it’s unlikely he’s cancelling as he forgot his Mum was coming for dinner. Likely to be illness, family issue or (deep breath) ongoing flight/airport issues.

If you’re playing Pacha & Solomun, it’s unlikely he’s cancelling as he forgot his Mum was coming for dinner. Likely to be illness, family issue or (deep breath) ongoing flight/airport issues.
Yeah I guess, still a bummer! Hopefully solomun will keep a jamie xx vibe going with his set and play some of his tunes maybe!

Could they possibly be getting someone else big in to play? Loads of people on at dc10 tomorrow! Get Haai as the plus one!!!

Doubtful to be honest. Too many people have contracts signed. I mean, since 2013 this really hasn’t happened all that much. It’s not normal.

Or a 15-20 min walk…
Tried asking for a refund from ibiza spotlight but...

"i'm not aware of any dj changes tonight. even so, i'm afraid change of
dj schedule is not a valid reason for cancelation."

Bit rubbish since they are expensive tickets mainly to see Jamie xx and him not playing isn't a valid reason to a refund!! Just gonna have a few drinks and try and get motivated for it again!!

Tried asking for a refund from ibiza spotlight but...

"i'm not aware of any dj changes tonight. even so, i'm afraid change of
dj schedule is not a valid reason for cancelation."

Bit rubbish since they are expensive tickets mainly to see Jamie xx and him not playing isn't a valid reason to a refund!! Just gonna have a few drinks and try and get motivated for it again!!

Mate, Solomun is one of the biggest DJs in the World, at the absolute top of his game. I’d personally just go with the flow and enjoy the fact you’re on one of the best islands in the world, in one of the most historic clubs in the world, listening to one of the worlds top DJs!

Mate, Solomun is one of the biggest DJs in the World, at the absolute top of his game. I’d personally just go with the flow and enjoy the fact you’re on one of the best islands in the world, in one of the most historic clubs in the world, listening to one of the worlds top DJs!
I'm sure it'll be great once we get out, just my gf has never heard of solumun and only wanted to see Jamie xx so it's a bit of a bad vibe here now... just need a few drinks and improve the mood a bit!

Back