Solomun +1 @ PACHA 2022 - Reviews & Reports

He really was. Played a lot more proggy than the last three times I've seen him, though I would also say he played about three tracks that were very similar in composition to his Tuk-Tuk song - possibly even with the same female artist. Those I was not such a fan of, but really they were few and far between.

Konstantin was really great. Set the tone perfectly

Ended on this before passing over to our host at 02:30

Wish I could've stayed for the full b2b
This is some tune.

Playlist updated here:

Can maybe add one more I distinctly remember from his all night long Pacha Opening a few weeks back (even though that was not technically a "+1", so not sure it counts).

I much prefer the RÜFÜS DU SOL track overall to this one. But those drums kicking back in at about 2:40 after that breakdown was one of my favorite moments of the night. Whoops of joy and smiles all around the dancefloor.

Can maybe add one more I distinctly remember from his all night long Pacha Opening a few weeks back (even though that was not technically a "+1", so not sure it counts).

I much prefer the RÜFÜS DU SOL track overall to this one. But those drums kicking back in at about 2:40 after that breakdown was one of my favorite moments of the night. Whoops of joy and smiles all around the dancefloor.

Added

Went last night.

Sofia was excellent. It’s the first time in a very long time I’ve heard an up front progressive set in a club. She really did build it brilliantly. I hope we see more of her on the island.

As for Solomun, I think he and I have come to the end of the road sadly. Nearly every single tune was tech house with stupid, high pitched noises chucked in. Every tune following the same template. The crowd love it and love him though so I’m sure he will cope without me. He brought it back round when Sofia came back on and adapted more to her style. While I’m not a fan of his output, I do admire Solomon’s adaptability week in week out. It’s a shame he doesn’t apply more to it in his solo sets.

Pacha was great. Friendly crowd. Room to move around the sides of the dance floor and upstairs. The terrace wasn’t busy at all.

15 minute queue for a cab but they were ready to go until about 5am.

Went last night.

Sofia was excellent. It’s the first time in a very long time I’ve heard an up front progressive set in a club. She really did build it brilliantly. I hope we see more of her on the island.

As for Solomun, I think he and I have come to the end of the road sadly. Nearly every single tune was tech house with stupid, high pitched noises chucked in. Every tune following the same template. The crowd love it and love him though so I’m sure he will cope without me. He brought it back round when Sofia came back on and adapted more to her style. While I’m not a fan of his output, I do admire Solomon’s adaptability week in week out. It’s a shame he doesn’t apply more to it in his solo sets.

Pacha was great. Friendly crowd. Room to move around the sides of the dance floor and upstairs. The terrace wasn’t busy at all.

15 minute queue for a cab but they were ready to go until about 5am.
🤣🤣🤣 maybe its the long hair that's making him loose his touch

😂. He’s just found another template and folk like him and it. Disappointing when previously favourite DJs go down this route.
Yeh when I was there people loved it but I did not!

Very disappointing he was my favourite dj too

Think will be hit and miss at pacha this year with his night, he was good last week, think it may depend who his plus 1 is also

well, it's a bit of a lottery, but last night's set was completely different to the week before. maybe 3 or 4 tunes the same, but overall the direction was a complete pivot. so I don't think we are necessarily seeing the same Solomun from week to week. I also didn't love the music last night, although I was swept up in the energy of the dancefloor at least (and @lee111s keeping a convey belt of beers coming - thanks mate!) the one thing which was the same, was those Tuk-Tuk-like songs.

another + for Sofia Kourtesis too. sadly left before the b2b

Last edited:
well, it's a bit of a lottery, but last night's set was completely different to the week before. maybe 3 or 4 tunes the same, but overall the direction was a complete pivot. so I don't think we are necessarily seeing the same Solomun from week to week. I also didn't love the music last night, although I was swept up in the energy of the dancefloor at least (and @lee111s keeping a convey belt of beers coming - thanks mate!) the one thing which was the same, was those Tuk-Tuk-like songs.

another + for Sofia Kourtesis too. sadly left before the b2b
When I say ‘Nearly every single tune was tech house with stupid, high pitched noises chucked in’… I think what I mean is those tuk tuk like songs together with tracks with bolted on high pitch screeching. It sounds so badly produced. Just grating. We were saying ‘when is he going to transition out of this’, but it never came. It was like a novelty set. The crowd loved it though

Last edited:
Also another interesting thing to note, one for @FlatErik too perhaps, is that there is Nobody Is Not Loved branding on the screens...

I assume we are going to see Solomun push this label further and maybe step away a little from Diynamic?

What's the best time to go to pacha for this? Have the plus ones been coming on as soon as the doors open ?

Was there last Sunday thought it was brilliant, stayed until the lights come on and could of carried on for a good few hours longer.

The only song that threw me was Lapsley - Operator (not sure the name of the remix) which was played during the b2b

What's the best time to go to pacha for this? Have the plus ones been coming on as soon as the doors open ?

the usual plan is this one:

00:00 - 02:30 +1
02:30 - 05:00 solomun
05:00 - close s+1 b2b

the only time this schedule changes is if a flight's late or something simillar happens. then sometimes a resident might warm up for an hour.

resuming, it's the one night you have a headliner right from the start, so going early makes 100% sense.

the usual plan is this one:

00:00 - 02:30 +1
02:30 - 05:00 solomun
05:00 - close s+1 b2b

the only time this schedule changes is if a flight's late or something simillar happens. then sometimes a resident might warm up for an hour.

resuming, it's the one night you have a headliner right from the start, so going early makes 100% sense.
Are there usually queues to get in then ? Should I aim to get there for a about quarter to 12 or will it be dead then ?

Are there usually queues to get in then ? Should I aim to get there for a about quarter to 12 or will it be dead then ?

there's a small queue usually, but once the doors open you'll be in quickly. and then it gradually fills up.

Watched the Nobody Is Not Loved live stream tonight. Adriatique were superb. And Solomun after a ropey start was class. Im sure I read that last week he played some weird shit that sounded like the Tuk Tuk song? It started a bit like that here, but when it got going he was playing some heavy techno and then through to some soft trancey sounds then even some acid house and piano house towards the end, plus a song that reminded me alot of Born Slippy. The lyrics were something like "shame on me im on ecstasy". Ended on a remix of Home which im guessing is unreleased.

Next time I hear Adriatique + Solomun will be at Solomun +1 (Adriatique). Happy days 😀

Last edited:
Back