Solomun +1 @ PACHA 2022 - Reviews & Reports

For me the real question will be how Solomun performs rather than his new plus 1s. Some sets I was listening to online these days seriously lack drive and direction, pretty much a snoozefest for me. Also reports from his Pacha opening here were along the same lines. So is he still bringing it? Discuss :)

For me the real question will be how Solomun performs rather than his new plus 1s. Some sets I was listening to online these days seriously lack drive and direction, pretty much a snoozefest for me. Also reports from his Pacha opening here were along the same lines. So is he still bringing it? Discuss :)

I'll tell you my thoughts after this sunday. I wasn't there for long enough on the venue opening night to really get into it.

I think we need the season to begin before we really answer that. But very rarely have I not seen him pull it out the bag. I think towards the end of the 2019 season he was playing too freaking hard IMO, but since then from what I have heard some more of that classic Solomun melody back. But really just not heard him play enough to really comment.

Certainly I’m not sure you can judge him too much on the Momentum mixes that he releases each month which don’t really represent a club night at Pacha … one of my very favourite sets is that Essential mix at Pacha from 2015 although it took me a couple of listens at the time ….and then at this years opening I found the music a bit odd but then two days later hearing many of the same tracks at PrintWorks I enjoyed it much more … of course he can be hit and miss and anyone attending expecting the Tulum boiler room style set are going to be in for a hell of a shock

Certainly I’m not sure you can judge him too much on the Momentum mixes that he releases each month which don’t really represent a club night at Pacha … one of my very favourite sets is that Essential mix at Pacha from 2015 although it took me a couple of listens at the time ….and then at this years opening I found the music a bit odd but then two days later hearing many of the same tracks at PrintWorks I enjoyed it much more … of course he can be hit and miss and anyone attending expecting the Tulum boiler room style set are going to be in for a hell of a shock
Everyone knows my thoughts at pacha opening...🤣 Why do you think you enjoyed it more at printworks?

Also reports from his Pacha opening here were along the same lines. Discuss :)
I actually really liked some of the stuff he was playing at Pacha. Probably more than what I heard him playing in the UK back in winter. But then, I was only really inside the club until about 02:30/3am

at this years opening I found the music a bit odd but then two days later hearing many of the same tracks at PrintWorks I enjoyed it much more …

What was odd? Just the mix of styles? For me this type of Solomun set from Tomorrow Land 2019 is Pure Solomun at his best:

There was an element where it seemed the tempo was a bit all over the place but then once you’ve heard the tracks a few times they just make more sense … also Solomun quite likes (at least for the last few years) what you could call a novelty track … something with a unusual sound that really stands out and this can be quite jarring on first listen but once you know what’s coming it can sound quite good … just my view though and what do I know
What was odd? Just the mix of styles? For me this type of Solomun set from Tomorrow Land 2019 is Pure Solomun at his best:

Agreed.

Pondering whether we should attend or just sack it off this weekend.

For the people that are lucky enough to be there when Jaimie XX is the +1, I would go there without a doubt. Seen him in Pikes in 2019 and his sets are really cool and versatile.

Our Ibiza data has Tijana T...never heard of her.
As for Solomun, I'm not sure what to expect from him this year.
Last year he was amazing in Antwerp for his solo show, but the Dynamic festival has now changed into a 'genre-bending Nobody is not loved festival' and that feels kinda similar to his sets lately. I get the genre-bending stuff, but it doesnt really move the crowd.
We'll see.

For the people that are lucky enough to be there when Jaimie XX is the +1, I would go there without a doubt. Seen him in Pikes in 2019 and his sets are really cool and versatile.

Last year he was amazing in Antwerp for his solo show, but the Dynamic festival has now changed into a 'genre-bending Nobody is not loved festival' and that feels kinda similar to his sets lately. I get the genre-bending stuff, but it doesnt really move the crowd.
We'll see.
I second this for Jamie XX, I am gutted to be missing him by a week. Saw him when he was DJ Koze’s special guest at Heart in 2018 and I had one of the best nights I’ve ever had in Ibiza (well it’s up there with best night of my life to be honest 😂).

I was going to go solomun on my dates in August but now decided to sack it off and hang out round ibiza town instead for drinks, then dc10 monday
Yeah we'll probably do Rumours on Sunday instead, and maybe pop to DC10 - lineup also uninspiring but the girls want to see Bibi, not sure why.

Yeah we'll probably do Rumours on Sunday instead, and maybe pop to DC10 - lineup also uninspiring but the girls want to see Bibi, not sure why.
Ahh didn't know rumors was on this year!

Sometimes the best nights are ones of the uninspiring djs line ups😏

Minus...bibi of course! When I was there my friend was desperate to see him and we conveniently go there after he played

I want to go to ants the night before too though, might not be able to do three nights in a row! Think I might have to see how much energy I have before going for circoloco too!
I here ya! Two nights in a row is a struggle for me!

Even if I have a day break In between parties still really tiring

Really curious to hear reviews for this. I feel Solomun is really hit or miss for me. Unfortunately, the +1s that I'm interested in don't really align with my tentative dates. Also thinking that the only other nights I'm interested in are circoloco and (if it's Laurent Garnier) then Carl Cox. NO WAY can I do three nights in a row these days. Even two is pushing it!

We'll see.
Tijana T is really good. She does a monthly show on Rinse FM that is worth a listen (available to download). Bit of a mix of styles but slower techno and more of old school banging trance (think Sven Vath late 90's) sound for me. Well worth catching.

Back