Solomun +1 @ PACHA 2022 - Reviews & Reports

Nobody at the moment seems to be lasting to (what was historically) the best part of the night - Post 5AM....

I know I'm going off-topic here, but this seems a current pattern. from what I can tell lots of people are still not ready to rave until very very late after the covid break.

I know I'm going off-topic here, but this seems a current pattern. from what I can tell lots of people are still not ready to rave until very very late after the covid break.

This was 100% where I was going with this mate! I hear it everywhere - even in London. I think some of it is the emergence of a lot more 12pm-Midnight events everywhere. In Ibiza is everyone just trying to do more nights than ever to make up for the last few years, so they finish at 4am to not be too knackered for the next night? Or is this finally a generational shift?

Anyway folks, I promise in a few weeks I will be the last to leave a +1 night so we get a full end of the night review :)

Well I've gotta say that I thought last night was an marked improvement in terms of music. Gerd Janson played some incredibly tracks in the "warm up" and Solomun rode the momentum after he started.

First track playing when I walked in

Later this

But my stand out

These and a few more tracks added to the playlist

I only lasted until 4am sadly. One eye on today and i wasn't indulging, so i wasn't really in the zone. Next week for Adriatique - that's a different story. Monday morning is getting blanked out!

Oh, and yes, it was incredibly busy. The busiest I have seen Pacha all summer. Though, granted, I've not been to Music On yet

Very very good night last night. Pacha was indeed very busy but still managed to get plenty room to dance.

Music wise - Gerd Janson was a really good vibe before Solomun. My preference is more melodic style stuff so didn’t have much expectation of Gerd for me but felt his selection suited the crowd and club really well. Solomun started pretty slowly and first few tracks were certainly a bit weird but controlled the crowd well and after a few tracks he was dropping banger after banger, a lot of driving melodic style tracks that felt more like the Solomun of some years back. Some housey, vocal style tracks thrown in but the mix was good. B2B was decent (I managed to make it to the end just about, left around 6.50) but was a little more housey and certainly got a lot more space during it as the club emptied out. Atmosphere and crowd were certainly better during the b2b and Solomun got more up for it during this too. First time back at Pacha with the new upgrades and really impressed with the new lights etc, felt a much better club - class night

Solomoun was ok , nice tunes. Janzon a little boring at the beginning , but ok. Solomun a little more to the point , exactly what the people want to hear. Sound in Pacha everytime a epiphany : There is no Soundsystem which is better in the world, I bet. Equal , yes.But not better.
Pacha Staff cool and friendly. Cool waitresses at the restroom bar. Nice there. Expensive as ever , but this is Ibiza
Edit : Ok , you have to say that Janzon exact the right thing for Warnung up. Vocal house is not his thing ?

Last edited:
Well I've gotta say that I thought last night was an marked improvement in terms of music. Gerd Janson played some incredibly tracks in the "warm up" and Solomun rode the momentum after he started.

First track playing when I walked in

Later this

But my stand out

These and a few more tracks added to the playlist

I only lasted until 4am sadly. One eye on today and i wasn't indulging, so i wasn't really in the zone. Next week for Adriatique - that's a different story. Monday morning is getting blanked out!

Oh, and yes, it was incredibly busy. The busiest I have seen Pacha all summer. Though, granted, I've not been to Music On yet

LOVE THESE!

You could see someone like Dixon playing this like everywhere:

I remember one vocal house banger from solomun where the crowd went mad. Everyone knew it , I think

Really nice night. Lucky to chose this one.
Not so many Phones in the air as usual

The age of the crowd : For me very young. The oldest persons there : Gerd and me
Maybe go to Flower Power: Old people with SUV ( because easier entering The car )

I've nothing new to add that I haven't already posted in past weeks. The club is as good as full and everybody is enjoying themselves. Just me that's left wanting 🤷‍♂️

The combo of Solomun & Adriatique would've blown me away in the past. But I left feeling underwhelmed

Last edited:
I've nothing new to add that I haven't already posted in past weeks. The club is as good as full and everybody is enjoying themselves. Just me that's left wanting 🤷‍♂️

The combo of Solomun & Adriatique would've blown me away in the past. But I left feeling underwhelmed
Yeh adriatique have really under whelmed when I seen them both times

I worry expectations might be too high for Dixon next week. Didn't that happen with Ame in 2019? Maybe they are going the right direction with this night with all these tech-house type DJs that are less well known.

Back