Solomun+1 2018

Find The Black Madonna a very odd choice tbh. Have seen her once before and started off well with a very housey set and did drop a few big tracks, but instantly killed the crowd vibe with her odd tune selection (Acid techno into a disco song) and poor mixing.

Lol. He took some 'risks' this year with Black Madonna, Lawrence and some others tho.
S+1 is booked for the date with The black Madonna n closing , have to find mates for S+1 with Dixon, bro ,as im not willing to go there that night even for Free :D

When was the solomun after party at Villa monochrome last year(closing?opening and?)? where was the meeting point ?Destino P or other place in Jesus ?

saw her DC10, ims 17 pre opening at pacha & Concrete in Paris and she never disappoint me.
Can't say the same for solomun, boring ibz 12 at pacha, quiet ok at dc10 ibz 16, ok last year, quiet mellow at ibz harbor last year ...

Find The Black Madonna a very odd choice tbh. Have seen her once before and started off well with a very housey set and did drop a few big tracks, but instantly killed the crowd vibe with her odd tune selection (Acid techno into a disco song) and poor mixing.

Odd tune selection sure I can see that because she can tend to really range from house to techno to disco to acid and all the way up the ladder but poor mixing I'm not so sure. She's far more technical than most so i find that one hard to see unless she had one too many pops before getting in the booth.

Lawrence is an excellent DJ and producer. I pretty much buy everything he makes. Proper house music.

I'm not quite sure if he would go down well with the solomun/pacha crowd but time will tell. Reminds me of when Larry Heard played at Vagabundos. There were only about 30 of us on the dancefloor listening to one of the greateat. Luciano came on after and caused a stampede. I legged it to the global room ha.

Last edited by a moderator:
S+1 is booked for the date with The black Madonna n closing , have to find mates for S+1 with Dixon, bro ,as im not willing to go there that night even for Free :D

All good, I party alone mostly anyways, except for very recently where I have a small group to go out with.

Back