Solomun+1 2018

I mean people are probably still partying or resting after a good night.. who was the +1 last night?

I mean people are probably still partying or resting after a good night.. who was the +1 last night?

Solomun got delayed flying in from Germany due to
air traffic control problems in France and didn’t arrive until late 4am or something so Mano Le Tough held the fort for a bit longer than usual ...

not ibiza related but

Solomun in a bit of bother after playing a track on Saturday’s Kappa Futur Festival...public apology on facebook

Solomun and Ame played great last night.

New Pacha looks nice, subtle but nice. Not sure if I would have even noticed if I didn’t know beforehand tbh.

The club was absolutely rammed. Couldn’t get a comfortable spot for our group which was annoying. The vip section is just way too big and the dance floor is way too small. I think it’s worse than Hi in some aspects. I just think how much better that party would be on Amnesia’s terrace. Don’t get me wrong, the entire building at Pacha goes off, but it always feels like your fighting for your life for space.

not ibiza related but

Solomun in a bit of bother after playing a track on Saturday’s Kappa Futur Festival...public apology on facebook

It was because the track contained the Muslim call to prayer in it. Kudos to Solomun for doing the classy thing and apologizing, he obv didn't mean to do it on purpose. I find it kinda funny he didn't listen to the track in full!

I don't like really getting into these discussions because ppl are gonna say it's art and he can do whatever he wants and that kinda annoys me as a quasi- Muslim. But the the call to prayer is not explicitly supposed to be used this way by him or anyone else. Part of this whole raving thing is also being considerate of other ppls beliefs, like not using native Americans head dresses in raves.

Some of the comments below his post are absolute filth Tbh and ppl just dont seem to understand or want to....

not ibiza related but

Is that in some Muslim place..? They kick off big time over some chanting desert house that dj dipshits play without even knowing what been said:lol: its like getting a tattoo in Thailand that you think says Family but really said Wanker..

Is that in some Muslim place..? They kick off big time over some chanting desert house that dj dipshits play without even knowing what been said:lol: its like getting a tattoo in Thailand that you think says Family but really said Wanker..

No it's Italy

I don't like really getting into these discussions because ppl are gonna say it's art and he can do whatever he wants and that kinda annoys me as a quasi- Muslim. But the the call to prayer is not explicitly supposed to be used this way by him or anyone else. Part of this whole raving thing is also being considerate of other ppls beliefs, like not using native Americans head dresses in raves.

Or wearing a kilt if you're not a Scotsman. :mad:

this is absolute bollocks - dance music has sampled religious music, prayers, chants for decades without any fuss or accusations of blasphemy - all the way from old euro-trance through to gospel house.

in fact I used to go to a club called Batikano in Barcelona where the go-go girls dressed as nuns in suspenders - I don't recall the local priests kicking off outside.

why should artists now cower in fear because religious fundamentalists have hissy fits? I've not heard the Solomun track but the only criteria should be whether its any good or not.

this is absolute bollocks - dance music has sampled religious music, prayers, chants for decades without any fuss or accusations of blasphemy - all the way from old euro-trance through to gospel house.

in fact I used to go to a club called Batikano in Barcelona where the go-go girls dressed as nuns in suspenders - I don't recall the local priests kicking off outside.

why should artists now cower in fear because religious fundamentalists have hissy fits? I've not heard the Solomun track but the only criteria should be whether its any good or not.

THIS!

I've still got some old dodgy euro cassettes with sampled gregorian chants on them, from when everyone tried to copy the Enigma formula :lol:

Back