Season 2010-11

Did you see that snake on the cover of the Sky Sports magazine this month?!?! I nearly choked on my sugar puffs!! Guvnor my @rse! That deal with Fulham losing out to Tottingham for Crouch stinks of old arry!

By the way if anyone cares if you ring up Sky and say you want to cancel (which I did as wasnt happy with them trying to charge me to upgrade to HD cheeky ****s which my current sky bill is over 70 sheets a month!) they will offer all sorts of deals to stay. If you are like me and has a price I got the upgrade to Sky Plus HD and multiroom for free and 25% off my monthly bill for 12 months.

Did you see that snake on the cover of the Sky Sports magazine this month?!?! I nearly choked on my sugar puffs!! Guvnor my @rse! That deal with Fulham losing out to Tottingham for Crouch stinks of old arry!

By the way if anyone cares if you ring up Sky and say you want to cancel (which I did as wasnt happy with them trying to charge me to upgrade to HD cheeky ****s which my current sky bill is over 70 sheets a month!) they will offer all sorts of deals to stay. If you are like me and has a price I got the upgrade to Sky Plus HD and multiroom for free and 25% off my monthly bill for 12 months.

am with Virgin Media.
£20 p/m for Sky Sports 1-4 Normal Def
£27 p/m for Sky Sports 1-4 High Def

For some reason i arrived at play.com and they had a 40" Samsung LED TV RRP £1999 on sale for £249.99....

DIdnt have a card on me... now back up to £1100...

so sky normal def for me, as downstairs tv isnt the best! :spank:

I didnt think too much about HD until an afternoon round my old mans and was impressed. Georgie Thompson looked even better than normal.

My old man is investing in a 3D tv. Not sure how it is going to work as he is blind in one eye! He said it would be good to watch the Hammers on. Again not sure how that will work 1D football in 3D.

I didnt think too much about HD until an afternoon round my old mans and was impressed. Georgie Thompson looked even better than normal.

My old man is investing in a 3D tv. Not sure how it is going to work as he is blind in one eye! He said it would be good to watch the Hammers on. Again not sure how that will work 1D football in 3D.

If last season was anything to go by, he should be used to 1 dimensional football:lol:

Exactly what I said.

To be fair our new owners the smut peddlers like the sound of their own voice but they don't muck about. I can't understand why the Brummie fans don't like them after taking them from the old 4th division to the premiership. What more do they want or can expect?

Champions League, Prem Glory? ;)

Birmingham?

They were on verge of extinction before the smut peddlers took over there and made them into a profitable club and decent enough premiership club. They punched well above their weight last season as did a certain North London club I won't mention.;)

Blackpool are doing the right thing. Saving the money, enjoy the ride and slowly build something and not trying to buy loads of mercenaries in order to stay in the false dawn of the premiership. The downside is that their little town will have even more puke on the streets.

:lol:

You must have visited all League Grounds in the last decade no?

I would go that far but 98/99 was like cramming 20 years of fa cup 3rd rounds into one season :lol:

York
Torquay
Mansfield
Gillingham
Wigan (believe it or not)
Blackpool
Macclesfield
Hartlepool
Bournemouth
Southend
Millwall
Bristol Rovers
Doncaster
Rotherham

to name a few, no disrespect but I care not to go back again!!

Birmingham?

They were on verge of extinction before the smut peddlers took over there and made them into a profitable club and decent enough premiership club. They punched well above their weight last season as did a certain North London club I won't mention.;)

:lol: Liverpools demise was our gain!

Blackpool are doing the right thing. Saving the money, enjoy the ride and slowly build something and not trying to buy loads of mercenaries in order to stay in the false dawn of the premiership. The downside is that their little town will have even more puke on the streets.

well at least they sat up and took note of clubs like Pompey, Southampton, Charlton, Leeds to name a few... unlike Hull :lol:

:lol: Liverpools demise was our gain!

well at least they sat up and took note of clubs like Pompey, Southampton, Charlton, Leeds to name a few... unlike Hull :lol:

We took notes years before anything happened to those teams; from early 2000's. As much as I don't like our chairman for sometimes being too shrewd I have to admire him for guiding us into the Premiership on a shoe string.

It's biting us on the arse though now because we are struggling to buy players, but because of our budgets no one wants to know.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll be watching the Blackpool games just to see the post match interviews with Ian Holloway...

He's from my neck of the woods (sadly the Rovers side), but still bloody funny to watch.

Just as a matter of interest, and trying to be as unbiased as possible, could you write in here what you predict the top 6 to be this season?

Here's mine

1 Chelsea
2 Man City
3 Man Utd
4 Liverpool
5 Arsenal
6 Spurs

I'll be watching the Blackpool games just to see the post match interviews with Ian Holloway...

He's from my neck of the woods (sadly the Rovers side), but still bloody funny to watch.

I think he'll upset a few people this year, purely because a spade is a spade with him. He is very bitter towards how much football players earn these days.

Just as a matter of interest, and trying to be as unbiased as possible, could you write in here what you predict the top 6 to be this season?

Here's mine

1 Chelsea
2 Man City
3 Man Utd
4 Liverpool
5 Arsenal
6 Spurs
1 Chelsea
2 Man Utd
3 Man City
4 Arsenal
5 Liverpool