Season 2010-11

We've been looking out of sorts this pre-season, haven't we?
The only positives I've seen are positive signs for the future with Bruma, Van Aanholdt, McEachran.
Hope we pull it together before we face the scum next weekend!

The first teams only had one and a half games to get up to speed though, drogs even less. I'm pretty positive about the upcoming season and yes some of the younguns are coming good with fingers crossed. :D:D:D

This news is about a month old is it not??? Would've thought anything like this is more down to the English FA rather than the individual players. They're now getting a hello kitty design on them which suggests there is a market for such tat :lol::lol::lol:

Not to mention it was for charity as well, I'm sure they could have flogged some down the bridge if they had thought about it. They've also failed to mention in the papers that they did Bobby Moore ones as well but perhaps they aren't getting melted down. Anything to sell papers and that includes the Guardian...

I think you're missing the point though - regardless of whether it is for charity or not. If these players had any decency or honour they would quietly disappear for ever, preferably to some cold corner of Alaska - do they not understand how ASHAMED the country is of what happened in South Africa???

and if anyone on this forum genuinely cares about the game, they will defect to their local non-league outfit and boycott the corrupted, vile, $$$$ obsessed monster that is the Premier League

I think you're missing the point though - regardless of whether it is for charity or not. If these players had any decency or honour they would quietly disappear for ever, preferably to some cold corner of Alaska - do they not understand how ASHAMED the country is of what happened in South Africa??
Your country is only ashamed because you went into the tournament with a vastly inflated impression of how good you really are :!:

I'm very glad I come from a country with little/no expectations. We were thrilled to get as far as we did :lol:

I think you're missing the point though - regardless of whether it is for charity or not. If these players had any decency or honour they would quietly disappear for ever, preferably to some cold corner of Alaska - do they not understand how ASHAMED the country is of what happened in South Africa???

I'm fairly sure the ipod idea would've been before the world cup though.

I can't remember any of the players demanding a tickertape parade either. In fact the only media I've seen them have anything about them in is the same papers demanding they lay low. Not quite sure how that is expected to work. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Anyway thought you were a spanish/catalan supporter? What do you care????

At the end of it all we were beaten by a better side who cut us to bits on the counter and by a long ball if any English person thought we would win it they were wrong end of story

Last edited by a moderator:
Your country is only ashamed because you went into the tournament with a vastly inflated impression of how good you really are :!:

I'm very glad I come from a country with little/no expectations. We were thrilled to get as far as we did :lol:

I think people are embarrassed that these overpaid, charmless, tragically crap oafs represent the same country that produced churchill, shakespeare and francis drake

I'm fairly sure the ipod idea would've been before the world cup though.

I can't remember any of the players demanding a tickertape parade either. In fact the only media I've seen them have anything about them in is the same papers demanding they lay low. Not quite sure how that is expected to work. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Anyway thought you were a spanish/catalan supporter? What do you care????

At the end of it all we were beaten by a better side who cut us to bits on the counter and by a long ball if any English person thought we would win it they were wrong end of story

you're quite right, I don't really care - just liked the cut of Marina's jib and felt like a rant.

the last Premier League player I liked was probably Cantona - I really don't follow it all that closely

it would however be nice to be able to find a pub where there wasn't some tiresome screen in the corner ramming "best league in the WORLD!" down my throat every 5minutes

I really don't follow it all that closely

aside from having an opinion in every football related thread that pops up on here and reading long winded articles in the broadsheets and then posting them up here for all our benefit.

that pub by the way, it's in Wales!!

aside from having an opinion in every football related thread that pops up on here and reading long winded articles in the broadsheets and then posting them up here for all our benefit.

that pub by the way, it's in Wales!!

spot the person who suddenly takes the Premier League VERY SERIOUSLY INDEED :lol:

I think people are embarrassed that these overpaid, charmless, tragically crap oafs represent the same country that produced churchill, shakespeare and francis drake
Overpaid - only because the English working man hates the idea of others making a lot of money :lol: Top American sports stars take home a mint by comparison!

Charmless - Well, if your press didn't intrude so much into their personal lives and focus on every trivial transgression, it would matter. They're athletes, not poster boys for clean living or candidates for your best mate. Again, I look to America where, for the public, it only really matters when someone's broken the law or done something drastic (exception: Tiger)

Tragically crap oafs - Nah. They're decent footballers. Just not on the same level as Spain, Holland, Germany, u.s.a.

Overpaid - only because the English working man hates the idea of others making a lot of money :lol: Top American sports stars take home a mint by comparison!

Charmless - Well, if your press didn't intrude so much into their personal lives and focus on every trivial transgression, it would matter. They're athletes, not poster boys for clean living or candidates for your best mate. Again, I look to America where, for the public, it only really matters when someone's broken the law or done something drastic (exception: Tiger)

Tragically crap oafs - Nah. They're decent footballers. Just not on the same level as Spain, Holland, Germany, u.s.a.

they are overpaid FFS - yes I know the market is king, but it's not healthy for ANYONE that wages don't reflect genuine talent. I don't have the solution but it cannot carry on as it is now - the greed is destroying the game, you have to be in denial not to see that

yes they are charmless - I don't care about their private lives either, but people like Beckham they're amongst the most famous Englishmen on the planet and they just come across as gormless idiots - that is not good PR for the UK

and the crunch - they're not decent footballers, they are the also-rans, the water carriers, the guys who do the donkey work for the REAL talent in the EPL - and every international tournament provides the proof

:lol:

Well, just as I was getting mentally prepared for the start of the domestic season we have a pointless set of internationals next week.

Spain are playing Mexico and the manager has called up 6 Barca players who will be on holiday till the day before the match.. Will be interesting to see how much they run at about 2000000ft altitude and 40 degrees heat in Mexico city.

Looking at most friendlies up till now no team in the Prem seems to be in great form.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know it was aginst poor opposition last night, but Joe Cole looked very lively. Some nice touches, tricks and link up play, and he set up the goal with a lovely cross. He was buzzing in the post match interview saying he hasnt played in a central role for 7 years and he loved evry minute of it. Was great for him to get an injry free 90 minutes under his belt, will do him the world of good. He looks like if he can stay fit, and Torres also, they could prove (him gerrard and torres) quite a handful.

Kelly, Jovonovic, Gerrard and a few others looked lively also. I cant wait for the Arsenal game next week :!:

I know it was aginst poor opposition last night, but Joe Cole looked very lively. Some nice touches, tricks and link up play, and he set up the goal with a lovely cross. He was buzzing in the post match interview saying he hasnt played in a central role for 7 years and he loved evry minute of it. Was great for him to get an injry free 90 minutes under his belt, will do him the world of good. He looks like if he can stay fit, and Torres also, they could prove (him gerrard and torres) quite a handful.

Kelly, Jovonovic, Gerrard and a few others looked lively also. I cant wait for the Arsenal game next week :!:

I imagine Pepe Reina will be warmly greeted by the Gooners ;)

Cesc-Fabregas-Spain-party-Barca-shirt_2476868.jpg

spot the person who suddenly takes the Premier League VERY SERIOUSLY INDEED :lol:

what do you mean suddenly? always mate, (apart from during our short sebatacle in the lower leagues or "promotional season-long tour of the grounds lesser visited" as I like to call it ;)

what do you mean suddenly? always mate, (apart from during our short sebatacle in the lower leagues or "promotional season-long tour of the grounds lesser visited" as I like to call it ;)
:lol:

You must have visited all League Grounds in the last decade no?

Back