Season 2010-11

We've had American, Russian, and Arab owners in the PL.

Now it looks like the Chinese want in http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/8876510.stm

Being the worlds 2nd largest economy and with no team yet to break over there, if the potential owners are serious then this could be an exciting time for LFC.

I heard from a friend back home that the potentila suitors have to meet strict criteria, mainly not saddling the club with huge debt. And with UEFA's plans for clubs with large debt, I hope this works out well and we dont get a repeat of the cowboys we have now.

Sky are saying that the bid is also backed by "a far east government".

Want to know more details on this before hailing it as a new dawn...

Sky are saying that the bid is also backed by "a far east government".

I think a couple of the 'billionaire' backers of the consortium have business interests that are partly state owned.

Most supporters are going to be wary of any potential new owner, I just hope we've learnt from our previous mistake.

Uh... the Chinese are already in :confused:
http://www.bcfc.com/page/BCFCBoard/0,,10412,00.html

This deal looks pretty good for you, if it works out.

Forgot about the Brum (I meant decent clubs anyhow ;))

It could make things very interesting if it does work out, fingers crossed.

Just the one???? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

I'm talking owners cockface ;) :lol: and yes the two of them came as one !!

Interesting reading that Torres and Gerrard are the two most sold shirts in the world 8) We had 3 in the top 10.

If we get the Chines owners then that will probably continue (if it includes counterfeit shirts also) !!

Forgot about the Brum (I meant decent clubs anyhow ;))

It could make things very interesting if it does work out, fingers crossed.

I'm talking owners cockface ;) :lol: and yes the two of them came as one !!

Interesting reading that Torres and Gerrard are the two most sold shirts in the world 8) We had 3 in the top 10.

If we get the Chines owners then that will probably continue (if it includes counterfeit shirts also) !!

Two most sold shirts in the world!!!! i bet Barcelona are bricking it!

Two most sold shirts in the world!!!! i bet Barcelona are bricking it!

With their reported finances I wouldn't be surprised.

To be honest though I'm not surprised they are the two biggest sellers up until this season they've been the only players of note on the Liverpool books you now have cole though so I'd expect him to be up there soon. ;););)

Whereas our team had terry lamps drogba essien both coles ballack deco malouda anelka etc for our supporters to choose from.

and as an aside, cockface doesn't show up on auto-editing????

......... you now have cole though so I'd expect him to be up there soon. ;););)

and as an aside, cockface doesn't show up on auto-editing????

Its obviously due to the far east market (and if the chinese chap takes over it will get even greater), esp with Carragher up there :lol:

..and yes cockface slips under the radar, as does quite a few, like Twatface and bellend ! ;) (not that you are obviously!)

Torres confirmed he wants to stay at Liverpool.

Tentatively thinking this season might be better than previously expected now...

Top 4 is still the realistic aim tbh, but it will be a pleasure taking Chewie's money from him this time around....

List must only compile of Prem players though.. can't see why Messi wouldnt be in the top ten otherwise

Oh and Celtic out of the Champions League already :lol::lol::lol::lol:
We've been looking out of sorts this pre-season, haven't we?
The only positives I've seen are positive signs for the future with Bruma, Van Aanholdt, McEachran.
Hope we pull it together before we face the scum next weekend!

bravo Marina Hyde in today's Guardian

5,000 gold-plated iPods bearing Frank Lampard's lasered signature are to be melted down after demand for the £599 product failed to materialise in the wake of the World Cup. Do take a moment to digest those details. Writing in this space before the tournament, I recalled all those dementedly self-regarding autobiographies that followed the 2006 World Cup tournament, of which Frank's was such a standout example. Yet at no stage, not even in my most grimly cynical moments, did I suspect that the once-bitten Frank was at that very moment lending his lasered imprimatur to something that even in a crowded marketplace would manage to redefine early 21st century tosserage. If you had to distil the very essence of hubris into a single product, you would surely be left with a gold-plated Frank Lampard iPod. The fact that the brainwave was created in association with a firm backed on Dragon's Den merely crystallises the cloth-brained, soul-sapping nullity of the age in which we are doomed to live.

well said

the arrogance of those players who by rights should be pelted in the stocks in town squares is pretty staggering....

bravo Marina Hyde in today's Guardian

5,000 gold-plated iPods bearing Frank Lampard's lasered signature are to be melted down after demand for the £599 product failed to materialise in the wake of the World Cup. Do take a moment to digest those details. Writing in this space before the tournament, I recalled all those dementedly self-regarding autobiographies that followed the 2006 World Cup tournament, of which Frank's was such a standout example. Yet at no stage, not even in my most grimly cynical moments, did I suspect that the once-bitten Frank was at that very moment lending his lasered imprimatur to something that even in a crowded marketplace would manage to redefine early 21st century tosserage. If you had to distil the very essence of hubris into a single product, you would surely be left with a gold-plated Frank Lampard iPod. The fact that the brainwave was created in association with a firm backed on Dragon's Den merely crystallises the cloth-brained, soul-sapping nullity of the age in which we are doomed to live.

well said

the arrogance of those players who by rights should be pelted in the stocks in town squares is pretty staggering....

This news is about a month old is it not??? Would've thought anything like this is more down to the English FA rather than the individual players. They're now getting a hello kitty design on them which suggests there is a market for such tat :lol::lol::lol:

Not to mention it was for charity as well, I'm sure they could have flogged some down the bridge if they had thought about it. They've also failed to mention in the papers that they did Bobby Moore ones as well but perhaps they aren't getting melted down. Anything to sell papers and that includes the Guardian...

Last edited by a moderator:
We've signed David James, Nicky Hunt, and Damian Spencer (QPR)

Hopefully challenge for a play off place this season with a bit of luck!

Bristol City.

Back