- San Jose gets tough on illegal activities -

"Our goal is to avoid outdoor discos"

This government sucks.

the government that actually sucked is the one that prohibited afterhours in the first place. the current situation, with promoters doing afters in villas and/or trying to throw outdoor bashes is a direct consequence of that. you cannot stop people having a good time. even some politicians have realised that in the meantime.

leaving space open as an afters and providing busses from the main clubs to space to avoid traffic accidents would have been the pragmatic approach. like that people wouldn´t even try to throw their afters in villas or in beach clubs (where I very much understand they can annoy a lot of people) and all the afterhour maniacs would be confined in one safe place. if you think about it, up until 2007, why weren´t there more parties on the beach than bora bora and the odd party at blue marlin and a very few afters such as the cocoon ones? yeah you got it, because space was there.

So well said Stivi... Space
the government that actually sucked is the one that prohibited afterhours in the first place. the current situation, with promoters doing afters in villas and/or trying to throw outdoor bashes is a direct consequence of that. you cannot stop people having a good time. even some politicians have realised that in the meantime.

leaving space open as an afters and providing busses from the main clubs to space to avoid traffic accidents would have been the pragmatic approach. like that people wouldn´t even try to throw their afters in villas or in beach clubs (where I very much understand they can annoy a lot of people) and all the afterhour maniacs would be confined in one safe place. if you think about it, up until 2007, why weren´t there more parties on the beach than bora bora and the odd party at blue marlin and a very few afters such as the cocoon ones? yeah you got it, because space was there.

Totally agree. And I agree with this gov trying to get a control of open air parties, but it feels like they want to shut everything down other than Ushuaia. There has to be some sort of cooperation here or the villa party problem will only get worse.

McRackin, your posts always have links to some sort of bad news! I always dread opening the links :(

nvrmnd.gif

Back