- San Jose gets tough on illegal activities -

That many?
I can imagine, that 20 - 25% of tourists go clubbing while on the island, the occasional night out.

The crowd mainly coming to Ibiza because of clubbing should be much less.
20-25% or less, it's finally not a lot.

Bit naughty over running on the outdoor area...think that's the main issue here. Imagine if someone was making that much noise near your house after midnight in early October...not sure you'd embrace it quite so much.
And who lives near DC10! Its in the middle of nowhere

So if the bars and clubs just stopped taking the piss. Then we'd have a happy island authority wise? Or are they really on a mission to make things difficult?

So, how long before DC10 gets shut down?? Noise obviously a problem to the locals now so i can see them using an excuse like 'the lights and lasers are dangerous to flights coming in and out' 'Planes feel the beat as they land and its puts the captain off'. Some sort of bullshit like that.

So, how long before DC10 gets shut down?? Noise obviously a problem to the locals now so i can see them using an excuse like 'the lights and lasers are dangerous to flights coming in and out' 'Planes feel the beat as they land and its puts the captain off'. Some sort of bullshit like that.

I wondered about the outside lighting too, since the garden has become a dance area rather than a chillout, all the lasers and lights must be some distraction

theibizan (1st sept)

The Reggae bar on Reggae Beach in the bay of San Antonio has been forced to close (why is not so important*) resulting in a nondescript euro-bar the opposite side of the beach seizing the opportunity to drag their speakers outdoors and bring their own brand of unpaid-dj-ness to the abused eardrums of bathers – who are now force fed an all day audio diet of nondescript euro-house delivered through pot-luck-levels and pol-pot speakers via an amp that fulfils spinal tap’s desire for a number 11.

The only upside is that due to the music making me want to punch as many people as possible I have rediscovered psychobilly, and that as the ‘Reggae’ in ‘Reggae beach’ is now gone it will soon be called ‘beach’ and nobody will be able to find it.

(*though why it was closed is not relevant, it is a shining testament to ibiza 2016. The reggae bar chiringuito built an illegal vip rooftop terrace, drawing attention to the fact the whole thing was illegal and hence getting closed down. I mean a funking rasta vip terrace ffs, utter madness)

(*though why it was closed is not relevant, it is a shining testament to ibiza 2016. The reggae bar chiringuito built an illegal vip rooftop terrace, drawing attention to the fact the whole thing was illegal and hence getting closed down. I mean a funking rasta vip terrace ffs, utter madness)

:lol: :lol: :spank:

Is that good or bad?

I personally welcome the ban on new licenses. I understand their approach.

how much the noise meters and people counters, which have to be implemented for the 2018 season, will change the parties and thus the vibe remains to be seen. if it goes ahead the clubs certainly won't be as packed anymore. remember this is just for san josé for now (and would thus include dc10, ush/hï and sankeys).

I personally welcome the ban on new licenses. I understand their approach.

how much the noise meters and people counters, which have to be implemented for the 2018 season, will change the parties and thus the vibe remains to be seen. if it goes ahead the clubs certainly won't be as packed anymore. remember this is just for san josé for now (and would thus include dc10, ush/hï and sankeys).

Out of interest what is Ushuaia's license for? 5,000 people?

Must be more than that, one of the bar staff I was talking to there said at capacity (usually with guetta) they are pushing 9000 people in there.

If it is 5000 that's gonna hurt their margins and what the performer gets paid. Or drinks prices go even higher!

Back