San Antonio, what can be done?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It s only a mater of avoiding mass gathering
We all know that westend is packed at night ,with lot of drunk people.
They forbid San Juan festivity a few weeks ago from 7pm to 7am,i thought they could let westend open daytime 7am to 7pm,this than nothing even it all happen after 10pm for business to work...
Virus crisis will hit hard ibz economy more than other non touristic European countries
Ps:Now i can fear that my westend hotels may not open ? as still too many people thinking of a nightlife in ibz :rolleyes: that may cancel their booking in a few days...

Thought was a post on here about a proposal to turn it into something like that. The mockup pick had fake looking people with vine type plants going over head.?

Pretty sure I saw this as well?

Together with a sort of clamp down on the selling of alcohol and restrictions to all inclusives in a certain area of San Antonio, starting this year?

Can’t remember if it was just a proposal or if they went ahead and made it a rule. Kind of got forgotten about when covid 19 gate crashed the summer ?

Was that ever the plan? Was it confirmed officially by some serious source like Mixmag?! ;-)
Found it

Aaaaaah, the promises the candidates do before the elections......

Anyway, to diversify the business doesn't mean getting rid of the existing bars and turning it into what you said. That's not gonna happen any time soon!

Blatant discrimination. So the virus is more contagious down the West End then? Feel sorry for the business owners.

Agree. I'm not familiar with Spanish law, in Britain there would be serious legal questions asked about this 'ban'

Nobody is going to takeover the West End bars in a recession and spend fortune turning them into restaurants or upmarket bars, they are just going to turn it into a ghost town.

A little update: the West End bars can't open but their terraces can...

... it doesn't make sense since it wouldn't be profitable except if they had a lot of space for tables, which is not the case in that area!

[to clarify, the ban refers to music bars, not to normal cafes and restaurants]

i guess it will have impact on westend hotels booking , as lot of tourists wont come back there with this measure.
The only advantage is there won't be noise nuisance this year and we may walk safely at night

i was wondering how they will maintain social distancing at ibz harbor at this place may be packed at night as among the few left attractions at night

i guess it will have impact on westend hotels booking , as lot of tourists wont come back there with this measure.
The only advantage is there won't be noise nuisance this year and we may walk safely at night

i was wondering how they will maintain social distancing at ibz harbor at this place may be packed at night as among the few left attractions at night

Indeed, the promenade from Cafe Mambo to Linkers is surely going to be rammed all night!

Slightly, as mentioned three posts above. Is it worth to open to have something like a grand total of four tables ouside? No!

I do feel sorry for the bars that can't open in west end but I can see why they are doing it!

West end get so busy and people just go out on the street there and get in to such a state, lots of young people too there that just want to have a good time

There is no way they will social distance, wear masks or be responsible

I don’t really know the finances behind these bars I.e whether they are generally owned or rented, but if it’s the latter surely there will be no west end in 2021? Presuming everything is normal next year that’s essentially 18 months without income for these places...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back