San Antonio, what can be done?

Status
Not open for further replies.
When i was at Mambo last year it was completely fine to go down to the beach in front and even pretty much anywhere other than directly in front of Mambo. The only security i really noticed was the ones next to the dj booth just to keep the path clear. They allowed enough people to congregate to cover half of the path but anyone else trying to join was ushered past.

One thing I noticed last summer at Mambos.

Was after sunset and it had calmed down a good bit, and the sax playing Laura lady was doing a performance/set (which was really good by the way)

We were chilling out further up and after a while decided to head back to the hotel and go past Mambo and check it out close up as we passed by.

Approaching the place I could see a multitude of black clad security blokes pretty much linked arms around the place.

Naturally we slowed down a little in order to navigate our way through the crowded path, only to be almost shoved along like cattle by these black clad stress heads.

Totally unnecessary in my opinion.

f*** knows what they would of done if my missus tried to get a selfie with the Mambo sign in the background, probs would of tasered us or something.

it's really sinister. certain areas are getting privatised by stealth

They had black-clad security at either end of the wooden seating last year, stopping you from going past. They were able to enforce this until about 10-15 mins before the sun disappeared when they got overrun by numbers, and kind of gave up.

It really destroyed any last bit of fondness I had for the place....which in fairness has been going down for years anyway. That walkway is what killed it really....you get all the tourists going through now, families with buggies....people just coming for a look. I still like to pop by more from a nostalgia point of view these days...but wouldn't eat there or buy a drink.

Was there twice end of Aug/start Sept.

Night with Solardo & Camelphat, was relatively quiet, security very lax-even allowing people to openly drink their own beer sat on the wooden steps directly outside the decks on the beach. However there was an old bolding guy waking in the rocks pretending to be on his phone, returning with a mean looking bouncer to bust young uns doing stuff on the beach. My mate had been done earlier in the week so we could see it happening. The muscle bouncer took no prisoners. Wouldnt what happened to confiscated items...

Another night we had a table next to the decks, with a fair few friends and chatted with djs from our area. Julie McKnight offered to baby sit ?We had two babies and prams ?:D

Was there twice end of Aug/start Sept.

Night with Solardo & Camelphat, was relatively quiet, security very lax-even allowing people to openly drink their own beer sat on the wooden steps directly outside the decks on the beach. However there was an old bolding guy waking in the rocks pretending to be on his phone, returning with a mean looking bouncer to bust young uns doing stuff on the beach. My mate had been done earlier in the week so we could see it happening. The muscle bouncer took no prisoners. Wouldnt what happened to confiscated items...

Another night we had a table next to the decks, with a fair few friends and chatted with djs from our area. Julie McKnight offered to baby sit ?We had two babies and prams ?:D
This was more my experience. I was there the first half of August a few times and the rocks were completely free to do what you want on the steps/seats and even the steps down to the rocks were fine to sit on as long as you weren't blocking them. Great vibes down there to be fair, only probably was it was too busy around sunset so we'd head further around and come back at about 10 when it started to get really lively

This was more my experience. I was there the first half of August a few times and the rocks were completely free to do what you want on the steps/seats and even the steps down to the rocks were fine to sit on as long as you weren't blocking them. Great vibes down there to be fair, only probably was it was too busy around sunset so we'd head further around and come back at about 10 when it started to get really lively
To be fair I went early June, so maybe it was something they were trying out that didn't work. Perhaps they relaxed it as the season went on...

I usually call down for a couple of beers on the rocks. Coming from the Calo Des Moro direction i've never had any issues as long as you don't sit on the decking.

Even 20 yrs ago, when it was sanded, they were trying to harass people off the front of that area, although maybe not as militant as some of you have found

Last edited:
To be fair I went early June, so maybe it was something they were trying out that didn't work. Perhaps they relaxed it as the season went on...
No, it was the same when I was there mid September. It put me right off going there then again, cliché I know, the current guise of Mambo is very poor compared to the former self.

Everyone appears to have had a different experience to me then?. Absolutely no security on the decking for us

Last edited:
"As the Bulletin has already reported that savvy tourists are getting round the new limitations imposed by booking holidays at all-inclusive hotels just 30-50 metres outside the affected zones."

Similar to the drinks curfew on the 3 streets in San Antonio that was introduced?

Also most Brits/Europes who are allowed to get trollied all day will probably just get the drinks for those who booked after Jan 2020.

My in-laws told me about travel to Bulgaria when it was communist, the Brits were allowed to buy Kinder Eggs/special chocolate for my wife and her sister. The Bulgarian families would buy a bottle of champagne for around £3 and they'd swap for the kinder eggs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back