Samuel L. Jackson: Honorary Irishman

Morbs- apologies. :oops: I was out of order with my reaction to you. Sincerely though, I apologise.

I need to give this thread a rest.:lol:

well, as an outsider i'm not throwing myself too deeply into this one, but i do have to say in jonny's defense he's always been friendly/welcoming to me (not just in a gay sense lol:oops:;)) - just kidding- he's always been very decent/welcoming to me, a complete outsider, which i think is more telling than some online rants... but still jonny, isn't this clubbing open chat - leave the politics/football for somewhere else

Cheers mate :) although it does say clubbing open chat "about anything you want" this thread wasn't meant to be taken so seriously, i was merley pointing out the cheek of some people referring to a famous Irish actor as being British (as im sure British people would if it were the other way around) but the usual suspects have built it up and made a mountain out of a molehill as they do with a lot of my threads,and in the process posted some derogatory remarks about myself but hey not a problem im a big boy and can handle it.

Perhaps ill "tender my resignation" from this forum (i may just post whenever ill be going to Ibiza again for any meetup that may be happening,etc), it's clear most of the regulars who post on here clearly do not like anything im about or what i post which is fair enough,i aint gonna lose any sleep over it anyway, and as i said unlike a lot on here i don't post on here to "impress others" or "be one of the in crowd" i just say what i think and if people don't like then then tough sh*t.

Me think he doth protest too much!:lol:

I think the friendly/welcoming chap you describe is prolly Jonny *out there* and the rest of it is a web persona created for a reaction. Taking yourself exceptionally seriously is the most effective way to assure no-one else does, and think Jonny created a web identity with that as the character's principal trait.

The rant about respect, the Pavarotti thread where he took offence about a tenner/tenor gag and the piece d'resistance - Thierry Henry could feasibly choose Celtic above the cream of Europe's clubs - all these must be part of the game.

Game's up Jonny - admit it now. Well played though sir, you had us going for a bit.

I don't have a "web persona" unlike some im exactly the same in real life actually

As an Irishman and a republican! I have to agree with the general consensus! Jonnys posts are embarrassing, irrelevant drivel!

Paddy is walking through a field and sees a man drinking water from a pool with his hand.

Paddy shouts "Na ol an t-uisce, ta sé lan de chac bo" (Don't drink the water, it's full of cowsh*t.)

The man shouts back "I'm English, speak English, I don't understand you".

Paddy shouts back "Use both hands, you'll get more in."

John O’Reilly hoisted his beer and said, “Here’s to spending the rest of me life, between the legs of me wife!"

That won him the top prize at the pub for the best toast of the night!

He went home and told his wife, Mary, “I won the prize for the Best toast of the night”

She said, “Aye, did ye now. And what was your toast?”

John said, “Here’s to spending the rest of me life, sitting in church beside me wife.” “Oh, that is very nice indeed, John!”

The next day, Mary ran into one of John’s drinking buddies on the street corner. The man chuckled leeringly and said, “John won the prize the other night at the pub with a toast about you, Mary.

She said, “Aye, he told me, and I was a bit surprised myself. You know, he’s only been there twice in the last four years. Once he fell asleep, and the other time I had to pull him by the ears to make him come.”

:lol:

An Irish rugby fan, a Scottish rugby fan and an English fan are all in Saudi Arabia, sharing a smuggled crate of booze when, all of a sudden,Saudi police rush in and arrest them. The possession of alcohol is a severe offence in Saudi Arabia, so for the terrible
crime of actually being caught consuming the booze, they are all sentenced to death!
However, after many months and with the help of very good lawyers, they are able to successfully appeal their sentences down to life imprisonment. By a stroke of luck, it was a Saudi national holiday the day their trial finished, and the extremely benevolent Sheikh decided they could be released after receiving just 20 lashes each of the whip. As they were preparing for their punishment, the Sheikh announced: "It's my first wife's birthday today, and she has asked me to allow each of you one wish before your whipping."

The Scot was first in line, he thought for a while and then said:
"Please tie a pillow to my back."
This was done, but the pillow only lasted 10 lashes before the whip went through. When the punishment was done he had to be carried away bleeding and crying with pain. The Englishman was next up. After watching the Scot in horror he said smugly: "Please fix two pillows to my back."

But even two pillows could only take 15 lashes before the whip went through again and the Englishmen was soon led away whimpering loudly

The Irishman was the last one up, but before he could say anything, the Sheikh turned to him and said: "You are from a most beautiful part of the world and your culture is one of the finest in the world. For this, you may have two wishes!"

"Thank you, your Most Royal and Merciful highness", The Irishman replied.In recognition of your kindness, my first wish is that you
give me not 20 lashes but, 100 lashes."

"Not only are you an honourable, handsome and powerful man, you are also very brave". The Sheikh said with an admiring look on his face.

"If 100 lashes is what you desire, then so be it. And you're second wish?"

"Tie the Englishman to my back."

What Pikey68 been at this time then?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pikey

Pikey is a pejorative slang term used in the United Kingdom, used originally to refer to Irish travellers.

Contemporary usageThis article does not cite any references or sources. (April 2007)
Please help improve this article by adding citations to reliable sources. Unverifiable material may be challenged and removed.

In recent years, the definition has become loose and is sometimes used to refer to a wide section of the (generally urban) underclass of the country, or merely a person of any social class who "lives on the cheap". This seems to be the meaning intended by Stephen Fry in an episode of QI (Series 'D', episode 12), grouping together "hoodies and pikeys and chavs", and intimating that these people are of a sort who "go out on the town, beating people up and drinking Bacardi Breezers".
The term is considered to have racist connotations; even when it refers to others, many people still consider it to be derogatory and offensive. "Pikey" is frequently used as an adjective, as in "he lives on a pikey estate", "those clothes look pikey" or "(name of cheap shop, e.g. one where goods are always sold for one pound) is a pikey shop". However, "pikey" is also occasionally used as a verb, a synonym for "steal", as in "Someone's pikeyed my bike".
Negative British attitudes towards "pikeys" were a running joke in the 2000 Guy Ritchie film Snatch, making the line "I ****ing hate pikeys" one of many oft-quoted lines amongst the film's fans. For his role in the film, actor Brad Pitt learned how to speak fluent "pikey" (actually a barely intelligible patois used for comic effect which became known informally as 'Hyper-Gyp' and/or 'Speed-Pyke').
The American terms "trailer trash" and "white trash" are similar in the condescension and disdain with which they are used, though the stereotypes differ in some particulars.
The term "pikey" is used widely all around the fringes of Greater London and particularly in the region of West London near London Heathrow Airport and all of the neighbouring boroughs, Hillingdon, Hounslow, Slough, Staines, Uxbridge, etc., where large numbers of travellers or gypsies have settled over decades. It is generally used as a description of those people and their classes or types and is therefore a stereotype of those people from the areas where in the 1920s to 1960s a lot of unused land was bought or occupied and unplanned development took place. The term "pikey" is also used as a pejorative term for those people and for their perceived traits. Sometimes, the term is used emotively and indicates an element of envy, because some types of work or business are viewed as "wheeler-dealer" or "pikey" business practices.

The term "pikey" is used widely all around the fringes of Greater London and particularly in the region of West London near London Heathrow Airport and all of the neighbouring boroughs, Hillingdon, Hounslow, Slough, Staines, Uxbridge, Ealing etc., where large numbers of travellers or gypsies have settled over decades

:lol:

Morbs- apologies. :oops: I was out of order with my reaction to you. Sincerely though, I apologise.

I need to give this thread a rest.:lol:
No probs, mate. You know we're cool. 8)

I bailed out 2 pages ago... but now I've been pulled back in! :lol:

this has shades of fanciulli-gate, right or wrong, i see bannings ahead....

but aye Jonny, that McStay quote! Thats got to be a joke right?
I believe he said it, but you've added it to your sig as a joke right?

this has shades of fanciulli-gate, right or wrong, i see bannings ahead....

but aye Jonny, that McStay quote! Thats got to be a joke right?
I believe he said it, but you've added it to your sig as a joke right?

:lol::lol::lol:

as mark said earlier, take away the celtic reference and the name of the legend that is paul mcstay and it could apply to any club in the world.

you couldn't script more footballer-esque words, to come from the mouth of a footballer...

genius....

can someone start a rubbish football quotes thread please??? im gash with remembering quotes but im sure some of you know good ones. i got an email with some of gordon strachan's quotes down the years. genius.

Back