Rip

Yeah the UK tabloids were pretty brutal to her. Confusing and complicated situation
Her whole career has been pretty much driven by the tabloids. But they will always break what they make.

She only has herself to blame for her downfall though. Her boyfriend felt he had to call the police after she attacked him when asleep and the pictures we have see look don’t look pretty. If the roles were reversed society would judge very differently

RIP

Her whole career has been pretty much driven by the tabloids. But they will always break what they make.

She only has herself to blame for her downfall though. Her boyfriend felt he had to call the police after she attacked him when asleep and the pictures we have see look don’t look pretty. If the roles were reversed society would judge very differently

RIP

Two sides to a story though as it seems as if he changed his tuned and all he has done since then is defend her and say nothing happened

Two sides to a story though as it seems as if he changed his tuned and all he has done since then is defend her and say nothing happened

Yeah she was his meal ticket.. bash someone over the head with a lamp while he was sleeping.. after going through his phone apparently and found some tx for another girl.. all messed up.. she was going to get done for attempted murder

Indeed. And the case would have proven one way or the other beyond all reasonable doubt. All we know he was attacked and left covered in blood and called the police that led to her arrest. Quite why he’s changed is tune open to debate. If the tables were turned the reaction would be off the scale. I know you know this but men are victims of domestic abuse too but it’s very much a taboo subject. I suspect she had some serious mental health issue and this sad outcome confirms that.

All these shows should be banned they cause nothing but misery to people.. four people took their lives from this show .. @Life of Rye you dodged a bullet there mate..

Then the wider issue of how they seem to promote physical beauty above else and the negative impact that can have on how people view themselves and others. I don't think they should be banned, but people need to be a bit wiser and more critical.

I genuinely didn't really know who she was until yesterday.

People aspired to be like her, she aspired to be where she ended up and - needed to constantly feed the media in order to maintain her profile. In turn - the media saw opportunity in broadcasting her discrepancies...which she should have bloody expected.

The whole story is a depressing look at life in 2020.

I see sh1t rags like the Sun have removed some articles that they had ran earlier, that were pretty harsh on her. How very noble of them. I imagine they will be producing a glossy supplement for there next print, about her life, in order to bump their sales up a bit ?

This "celeb" culture needs trimming. Dialling back a bit.

Indeed. And the case would have proven one way or the other beyond all reasonable doubt. All we know he was attacked and left covered in blood and called the police that led to her arrest. Quite why he’s changed is tune open to debate. If the tables were turned the reaction would be off the scale. I know you know this but men are victims of domestic abuse too but it’s very much a taboo subject. I suspect she had some serious mental health issue and this sad outcome confirms that.

I think you have a very good point there.

Imagine Ant or Dec filling in his missus and then topping himself rather than stand trial.

There wouldn't be a whirlwind of grief like this, he'd be a pariah.

What a time to be alive eh!

Yeah she was his meal ticket.. bash someone over the head with a lamp while he was sleeping.. after going through his phone apparently and found some tx for another girl.. all messed up.. she was going to get done for attempted murder
She was charged with Assault by Battery, not attempted murder

RIP

FWIW, he didn't phone the police. They called an ambulance because of his injuries and because she had self harmed (I believe). The Ambulance informed the police because of the seriousness of it and despite him not wanting to press charges as it was a drunken argument that had got out of control the CPS took it all the way. Complicated situation

I think you have a very good point there.

Imagine Ant or Dec filling in his missus and then topping himself rather than stand trial.

There wouldn't be a whirlwind of grief like this, he'd be a pariah.

What a time to be alive eh!

People keep saying this, but it hasn't happened has it ?

Actually if you DO look at Male TV stars that have been involved in this kind of thing have very quickly disappeared off our screens. Even TV stars that haven't been charged with anything - i.e Barrymore very quickly fall off our screens. So not sure this stands up

As
FWIW, he didn't phone the police. They called an ambulance because of his injuries and because she had self harmed (I believe). The Ambulance informed the police because of the seriousness of it and despite him not wanting to press charges as it was a drunken argument that had got out of control the CPS took it all the way. Complicated situation
Didn’t know that. It was reported that it was him at some point. Agreed, v complicated. That’s what the trial was there for.

Actually if you DO look at Male TV stars that have been involved in this kind of thing have very quickly disappeared off our screens. Even TV stars that haven't been charged with anything - i.e Barrymore very quickly fall off our screens. So not sure this stands up
I think it’s fair to say that the Male stars have been chastised much more than she has. For someone that is alleged to have battered her boyfriend to the extent that the police are called and has led to criminal charges and that they are forced to not be together or in contact I think she was treated mildly by the media. If it was Male battery of a female I think there would have been a much more outraged response from the media.

All that said, she clearly had mental health issues. Like Avicci, who the heck is helping these people? They all want to be around and onboard the gravy train when things are going well but hop off when they aren’t. Family, friends, management have a lot to answer for.

Last edited by a moderator:

Not sure if you intended it, but you’ve kind of backed up my comment.

Ie - pariah status. The person you used as an example Barrymore was never really seen or heard of again was he.

Back