Rip

People keep saying this, but it hasn't happened has it ?

Actually if you DO look at Male TV stars that have been involved in this kind of thing have very quickly disappeared off our screens. Even TV stars that haven't been charged with anything - i.e Barrymore very quickly fall off our screens. So not sure this stands up

I'm trying to remember which forum I'm on (or used to be on) that had a poster called Barrymore'sPoolParty (or something like that). Don't think it was this one. ?

Was literally just yesterday listening to a set of his as i noticed he was due to play up here soon ☹

i got into so much music through that man. he opened the doors to music I would never have heard anywhere else. he bridged the divide between the different music tribes and he added mischief and eccentricity and fun and passion when everyone else was selling out to the dollar. he made some of the best records i ever heard st etienne, flowered up, primal scream, grid, one dove, sabres of paradise etc... he helped create acid house, he was the brainchild behind so many balearic moments and he put together some fantastic festivals which I was lucky to attend. I loved AW because he was interesting and funny and punky and passionate and unpredictable but mostly because he really was a complete one-off. RIP Wevvers.

in dance music of course we know Avicii passed away April 2018. Less publicized was passing of Robert Miles in 2017. Really tragic on both counts. Avicii was a very young guy too.

It's always sad when we lose someone and just important how we remember their lives. I didn't know either, but I believe in transcendence and think they are in a better place.

RIP Robert Miles
RIP Avicii

Back