Restaurant reviews 2015/2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or depending on what type of holiday you're on, maybe: f**k eating, lets hit the clubs!

Couldn't agree more Stivi. Ive had a handful of terrible food experiences over the last few years in hyped up beach bars / restaurants that shall remain nameless. But, each to their own. Off the beaten track there is so much to discover and stumble upon food wise. This reviews thread is a great resource for everyone and I certainly added to my potentials list using tip offs from here. The quest continues! However in terms of meat, I don't think that Balafia T bone can be beaten. I had to pull over on my way back down the San Juan road just so I could take some quiet time to remember it again. Extraordinary!

@Amigo
Wow, what a great review. Could have done with this 6 days ago lol!
Now thinking of St Gertrudis for our last meal tomorrow. Stopped off at Musset in 2013 and was telling the family how good it was everytime we drove past in the last week. There are only so many hours in a day!
Will the atmos around the square be as good on a Monday, given that its lots of locals about?

Know what you you mean Diver. Tricky deciding where to go in between personal faves that need revisiting and potential new ones too! From my experience the square is always busy. Sunday moreso it seemed with locals, but last year we went a couple of times to different restaurants midweek and it was very busy plus there was a kids entertainer too in the middle of the square.

Followed some tips from folks here in the forum and some indications...Ibiza has a lot of awesome places and food!

La Noria - Cala Boix
Nice view, very traditional restaurant. Go hungry...the serve a lot of food! I tried a "Calamare en la plant" and the guy bring us the whole calamare!! Huge...and in Brazil we don't have this "La plancha" what was really goood... my wife ordered the shrimps an they were also huge...big size ones..we loved it

S'Illot des rencli - S'illot
The most beautiful view....the beach above the restaurante it's perfect...we spend the whole day in S'illot and Cala Xarraca and was really beautiful
Traditional food...very good prices
We tried a lenguado with the garlic..fresh and succulent

Juan and Andrea - Formentera/Ses illetes
The place is very cool...you have a meal with your feet under the sand and fomentera is amazing
We tried a pasta with seafood...very good taste and well done!

El Chiringuito - Es cavallet
The place was trendy and nice too
Food was ok but nothing really really special...but worth the while. We had pasta with seafood again.
Sangria Cava was superb!

Amante - Cala sol d'en Serra
The place is out of this world...gorgeous view from the sea..
The food was ok but I think my choice wasn't that good...I had a seabass and I was expecting more...
The price follow the range...but I really think it's better go there to know the place..chill and have good drinks...fancy place

Last edited:
Has anybody been to Ancient People recently? Last went in 2012, maybe even 2011. Considering this for a non-clubbing night at start of October, followed by drinks in the port area of Ibiza Town.

Has anybody been to Ancient People recently? Last went in 2012, maybe even 2011. Considering this for a non-clubbing night at start of October, followed by drinks in the port area of Ibiza Town.

last year, not this year yet. always good though! never eaten bad there.

Went in April and really enjoyed it. Definitely glad I had a proper table though!

May find it a bit too hot inside in August though.

I made a discovery the other day through friends. now this isn't your normal traditional ibicenco restaurant, but totally worth a trip. can domo. it's basically a (veeeery nice) agroturismo / small boutique hotel with some very interesting accommodation options (normal rooms, but then also deluxe tents and such, have a look on their website). and they obviously have a restaurant...which was 10/10.

the booo... muy boooueno!

29c0soi.jpg

I one of the many who use this forum a lot without commenting too often, so thought I would share some restaurant feedback from our latest trip to the island. All these places must have been mentioned before on this thread, but just some thoughts

La Bodega, Talamanca – really nice location on the water, good combination of Spanish and international clients. I had been recommended here by a few people, but thought the food was only OK, maybe 6/10. Would give it another go, may have hit a bad night. There is an Ibiza Town outpost too, I haven’t tried it.

Beach House, Playa d’en Bossa – as many people know, this place is great. Went three times, the food is excellent, the service is good (not always a guarantee at all), and the parties are even better. Sat next to Richie Hawtin and his girlfriend for lunch which helps. Off topic but went to the Dynamic party as Rumors was rammed, a great night- the label is very on point at the moment.

Ciao Ciao, Playa d’en Bossa- Playa d’en Bossa has become an unlovable place sadly, but somehow this Italian near the roundabout/Migjorn really does do good food. We use it as a stop off point to fuel up pre Space/DC10 and enjoy it every time. Very different vibe to the other restaurants listed but I recommend it.

Fish Shack- still great, go. Get a cab to Sa Punta in Talamanca and head left down the beach. Have a drink at Sa Punta after, wouldn’t hugely recommend eating there.

Balafia – A carnivore’s fish shack. On the road to San Joan the setting for this inland restaurant is really atmospheric. No menu, just a choice of meat on the BBQ, and extremely fresh salad grown next door. Really friendly, family vibe. Most of the people there were Spanish too, which is a very good sign. Fantastic food, a carnivore’s heaven, go (book ahead in advance).

Cotton Beach Club – the setting for this newish restaurant is fantastic, but for the second year in a row the food wasn’t great. I think if you stick to sushi, hold your nose at the prices and go because the location is stunning, it might be worth it. Avoid the main menu though.

Experimental Beach – had some bites with drinks one evening. The food was good, and if you haven’t been the setting, right at the south of the island amongst salt flats near the airport is amazing. The Bloody Mary made with gazpacho is amazing too. The service was pretty bad which is a shame. Also think about how to get out, waits for cabs were very long, as you can imagine as it is miles away from major towns.

B-for Sushi (on the roof of Amnesia) - As Stivi has said on this forum the Amnesia sushi deal is a no-brainer, I hadn’t used the VIP area of the club before, and it really changes your night being able to take breathers up there. The sushi was also really good (I wasn’t expecting that), although we had to wait a long, long time, missing most of Ame’s set at Cocoon which was a shame. They were also a bit difficult about getting us VIP wristbands at the start as it was so busy, but we won the argument quite easily. They didn’t have a leg to stand on frankly. Would really recommend doing that pre a night at Amnesia, but book the early sitting (midnight, wish it was earlier).

Hope those reviews are helpful, we had an amazing time, as ever.

Want to take some friends out. How good is the food at Pikes, and can we bring there 4 year old son?
We can not go for Sunday Roast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back