Restaurant reviews 2015/2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spotlighters,

Can I get a recommendation for a pre Ants Tapas this Saturday in Ibiza Town? Nothing to expensive.

Always have a Tapas in Ibiza Town but never take note of the Restaurant names haha.

Spotlighters,

Can I get a recommendation for a pre Ants Tapas this Saturday in Ibiza Town? Nothing to expensive.

Always have a Tapas in Ibiza Town but never take note of the Restaurant names haha.

Best tapas we had of our recent holiday was at El Patio, just beside Placa del Parc.
Good portions and didn't cost the earth, and service was great. They even warned against ordering too much (I quickly assured them it wouldn't be an issue).

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restau...ajeros-Ibiza_Town_Ibiza_Balearic_Islands.html

so did they pay their staff from last season (in the meantime ?) or not ??

Screenshot_2015-06-23-14-55-20-1.png

Sol y Sambra in San Antonio bay, up the street that runs up the side of the Marina Playa hotel, lovely food, setting and service. Really nice has just reopened this summer I think.

Had lunch at The Harbour Club in Talamanca on this years trip, nice food and really nice service which is always a winner for a repeat visit.

There was 5 of us and pretty sure we put in 45 euros each. Don't think anyone had a starter, main course each and think 1 salad as well, 2 deserts and if I remember correctly a soft drink or possibly even 2 drinks each and some water for the table. Can't remember exactly but around 190 euros, sorry about the can't remembers...............it was getting towards the end of the holiday :spank:

Aubergine?
On the road from St Gertrudis to San Miguel, looks new but no reviews on the web. Anyone been, prices/quality etc?

Recommendations for Santa Eulalia/Es Canar/Cala Llonga ?

More of a cafe than a restaurant, but I love Caos along the promenade in Santa Eulalia.

Great for getting your vitamins up and better value than Passion further along, but a similar healthy menu.

A very brief rundown on some of the places we stopped off at this year:

Bar Costa
Still the absolute island masters of all things bread, jamon, queso etc etc etc.

Cas Pages (no bookings)
Rustic, traditional and simple. Incredible char grilled meats and sides at very reasonable prices in a finca and terrace hosted by two friendly sisters and their staff. Homemade Hierbas to finish.

Fish Shack
Still a shack serving fresh fish and meat dishes. It is what it is. Brilliant. Can be a wait for a table high season but the staff always look after you in the queue, especially if you have kids with you.

Es Pins 971 325 034
Again a fantastic, traditional restaurant on the San Juan road with arguably the best bread and alioli (the real stuff!) on the island. A simple, well cooked, inexpensive meal day or night ranging from salads, fish soup to grilled meats to wonderful desserts. My sofrit pages wasnt as good as last year... but I'll let them off :)

El Bigotes 650 797 633
Recently recovering from the much talked about family tragedy, they have returned and fair play to them. One main dish, Bullit de peix y arroz, cooked to absolute perfection at what must be one of the most idyllic locations on the island. Incredibly friendly hosts from beginning to end. Desserts and of course a glass of cafe caleta to finish. Always a wonderful lunch... with the man himself at the top table.

La Bodega 971 192 740
Incredibly busy every single night. No tables outside until 1am at the earliest but book ahead and you'll be fine if you want a spot on the terrace / foot path of this fantastic and vibrant tapas bar. Don't be afraid to eat inside anyway as its a beautiful building and the atmosphere is electric.

La Noria 971 335 397
My second year and third visit. Quickly becoming a firm family favourite, this has to be one of the best fish restaurants on the island. Perched on a cliff top overlooking Cala Boix, knowledgeable and friendly staff talk you through the menu and specials. The food was fantastic. The paella here is absolutely superb and their house salad is an amazing way to start off.

The Aquarium, Cala Gracio 663 945 475
Sardines Night on the terrace every weekend served with salad and potatoes. Two sittings, 9pm or 10.30pm. €14.50 per person and pretty much all you can eat! Families and the weak bladdered beware; there is no toilet! Relieve yourself at Hotel Tanit before making your way down the path to the shoreside aquarium.

Restaurante Martina @ Cala Martina 971 338 745
A cracking little restaurant on Cala Martina. Open all year and a great selection of fish especially. A loooong lunch with family of four, dorada, bream, bolognese, pizza, wine, beers, soft drinks, desserts, coffee, ice lollies and change from €90. Sunday is a perfect day to book when it is buzzing with locals.

Restaurante Santa Getrudis
Lovely restaurant next door to Bar Costa. We went on a Sunday so it was very busy but once again, a brilliant spot for classic meat dishes and more cooked to perfection. The square in the village at night is a great place to spend the evening as well. Family friendly and nicely busy.

Chiringuito Xuclar 607 233 019
A sublime location on one of the islands prettiest and quietest little northerly coves. Text / Whatsapp for reservations. Our table was for 3.30 pm but unfortunately it was on a day that they didnt also open at night so by this time... they were running out of fish! Only one or two things left so we just ended up having a salad. A shame as the limited but interesting menu looked great. Will try again.

Cami de Balafia 971 325 019
Quite simply a carnivore's temple of paradise on the San Juan road. Theres not much else to say apart from GO! And if you are, book a few weeks in advance. Extraordinary meat - that succulent and smokey T Bone steak will live on in my mind forever. Ha. Their tomato and onion salad to start is essential too, so simple but a different level of taste. And their chips are next level too. The terrace is a joy to behold.

Maria Luisa 971 808 012
One of our final meals and a lovely way to sign off. Situated at the far end of beautiful Cala Vadella, a great restaurant overlooking the beach specializing in Mediterranean cooking, especially fish. The paella was excellent and I would certainly recommend this place for fish lovers. Although La Noria just about edged it for me this year for paella. Quite busy but we only booked a couple of hours ahead and were fine. It did fill up though. Great place, we'll be back.

F*ck the clubs... lets eat.:)

I'd say fill your stomach so you have energy for clubbing later ;)

amigo - great list. you've listed a good few of my personal favourites. we just went to balafia last tuesday and have been to loads of the other ones this summer already. long live the traditional restaurants, f**k all that sushi crap! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back