Restaurant reviews 2015/2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
short question about Cami de Balafia:
reservations only per phone? Do you think there are still tables for early August available?

I had a wee bit of an issue last year with my booking at de balafia :(. Called 2 weeks prior to leaving to book at table, booking was made (or so I thought), decided to call on the day to confirm our table only to be told they had no booking for us. I asked hotel reception to call too as there was a bit of a language barrier issue and my spanish doesn't extend very far, hotel receptionist got told the same in that they had no booking under my name. Luckily it was only for 2 of us so wasn't a big deal to organise and go somewhere else as they were fully booked by that point, this year there's 6 of us so I just hope it ain't messed up again.

Some places can be really lax at replying to emails or the online booking widgets they have, still waiting on a reply from Km5 and Pacha restaurant...................ended up doing it over the phone after a couple of weeks on no reply. Bambuddha replied fairly promptly to my booking request using their online booking form :).

re pacha restaurant - call them. km5 too.

in a lot of places you don't get anywhere with emails.

re pacha restaurant - call them. km5 too.

in a lot of places you don't get anywhere with emails.

Yeah I ended up calling them in the end, will always call on the day to re-confirm my booking. Pacha tend to do that anyway where they'll call to confirm you'll still be coming.

Is it a Spanish thing in general or just an Ibiza thing where they don't reply to emails? Must say though that Destino have been brilliant and very quick to reply to emails.

Is it a Spanish thing in general or just an Ibiza thing where they don't reply to emails? Must say though that Destino have been brilliant and very quick to reply to emails.

restaurants are mostly crap at replying to emails. always call them.

destino is a hotel (and a very professionally run one at that) so that's a completely different story!

Is Cami de Balafia similar to Cas Pages? How far in advance would you need to reserve a table in Cami de Balafia?

Is Cami de Balafia similar to Cas Pages? How far in advance would you need to reserve a table in Cami de Balafia?

similar, but a bit simpler and thus even better. absolutely love it. in peak season call 2 weeks in advance I'd say.

Any other recommendations on a similar, simple, traditional tip? Cas Pages, Es Pins and La Noria were fantastic last year.

Any other recommendations on a similar, simple, traditional tip? Cas Pages, Es Pins and La Noria were fantastic last year.

can pilot & can caus spring to mind.

then I haven't been to ses escoles yet, but everyone says it's fantastic.
es caliu is another longstanding traditional one as well as la masia d'en sort.

Yeah I ended up calling them in the end, will always call on the day to re-confirm my booking. Pacha tend to do that anyway where they'll call to confirm you'll still be coming.

Hi, does anybody know the best way to reserve Sunday lunch for Pikes on Sundays? emailed them via their online form on Friday but not had a response yet...
Also for La Bodega in Ibz town - lucky enough to scrape a table twice last year on the night but with Pride this year we need to be on top of reservations so was thinking of booking 3 weeks in advance - would they laugh at me and would they speak English over the phone?!

can also defo vouch for Pacha calling to check you're coming. Also Destino have got back to me straight away ...
cheers,
Claire

La Bodega staff have always been great over the phone for reservations in English so yep give I'd it a go. 971 192 740.

room39@ibizarockshouse.com is the restaurant booking email address advertised along with any press from Mark, Sarah & Andrew but as Stivi says, probably best to give them a call.

Eventually made it to Balafia tonight, such a nice and relaxing spot, the whole family loved it.

If you enjoy simple, rustic, tasty food you can't go wrong here. There's was pretty much no food leftover apart from bones, the chips so tasty they brought a 3rd plate.

I'm going to be stinking tomorrow after eating the aioli :)

need a review regarding:
- ORSO
- that new russki burger joint in figueretas (THE BOOO)

haven't been to any of the above, but:

orso - not sure on this one icey...
the booo - have heard very good things about it and is on my list to check out soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back