Restaurant Reviews 2013/2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
just came back from the island after 3 amazing weeks,and ad usual,the best fish restaurant is still balanzat,in port of San Miguel...

4 of us eat in David's in San Antonio it was are first time and all we can say is we can't wait to go back , the size of portions were massive I had chicken curry pasta and I thought there was no bottom to the bowl lol we are all good eaters and none of us could finish what we ordered lol I nearly made myself sick trying to stuff it in me , def a place to go if in San An to eat

Thanks for the feedback Morbs.

Another question: looking for a restaurant somewhere within the citadel walls, preferably with great views of Dalt Vila & beyond (if such a place exists) - perhaps with open-air terrace for al fresco dining?? Cuisine isn't vitally important, but something "Balearic" as opposed to Italian would be nice. Any suggestion guys?

Thanks for the feedback Morbs.

Another question: looking for a restaurant somewhere within the citadel walls, preferably with great views of Dalt Vila & beyond (if such a place exists) - perhaps with open-air terrace for al fresco dining?? Cuisine isn't vitally important, but something "Balearic" as opposed to Italian would be nice. Any suggestion guys?

Plaza del Sol?
Been 2008 there and it was first ace!

Have to agree was looking forward to a evening meal there, by chance walked past it about 11:30 thought we could have a bit of brunch, no pastry no muffins ok ill have a sandwich, cheese onion tomato, no sorry no onion!!!! Hey when it came it was rock hard stale, very poor so thought better and gave it a miss!!

I have to respectfully disagree :) La Brassa has the most average food I have had in Ibiza town. In fact, that would be a stretch to even call it average. I/we have been there 3 times, and over a series of 9-10 main dishes, not a single one of them even reached "above average" food quality. Everything was so mediocre. Every time, half way through the meal, we would always look at each other and wonder what we just paid for. I suppose they survive based upon their location and the really nice setting (with the trees and vines). You have to consider that for the same price, there are a dozen places around it that have far better food.. just look at the square in the old town, good food for the same price.

Just got back from a week

Saturday ate a moorea, standard stuff, we had mussels, gespaticho to start, then fish and lamb for main, bit pricey than before but quick service.

Sunday was a slice of pizza before going into we love closing

Monday was the Chinese on figeritues front, always good food and less that 60 euros for 2 Inc vino and free rice wine, lovely staff, asked for chopsticks and they ran out so went back to their home to get some.

Tuesday we went to San an to cafe del Mar to watch sunset then to Tapas ibiza (found on spotlight) out the way a bit but lovely setting, mix of Brits and Spanish, had a couple of noisy groups in but service still good. Food was fantastic, gambas, calimari, bravas, chorizo, cheese croquets, all simple and delicious as tapas should be, 50 Euro for 2 Inc wine and free shot.

Wednesday was Mexican in figurities, had the 20 Euro a head feast, not bad, not spicy enough and too much cheese, but needed a chilli fix, 60 Euro again Inc 2 beers each.

Thursday was home loos! Great find, good tapas, especially the veal in Roquefort, 60 Euro for 2 Inc wine.

Friday we wanted to treat ourselves so went to restaurant dalt vila. I had veal in pepper sauce, other Half had bacalou, good food and lovely sorbet, nice setting but for 115 Euro, not worth it and not as good as ibiza tapas.

Special mention to crossiant show for amazing hot chocolate and le gardin for their taboulet

Plaza del sol has tried to go up market, service was shit and our salad and bocadillos were overpriced and average. 35 Euro Inc a pint and zumo.

Good tip is to find an eroski supermarket, we spent 12 Euro on vino, beer, and bocadillo stuff, bargain!

We tried boutique hostel salinas after reading about it on here and can't recommend it enough.
We had salads to start which were delicious. I had steak tata and my husband and had steak, we both has ice cream and shared a bottle of wine.
It came to just over €80 which was good value.

my favourite places to eat in San An this season were...Tapas - for the brilliant service, food and setting all at reasonable prices, always a winner!Zebra - (just along the road from David's, past Fatso's - for the steak!Casita - in the Bay - for the awesome Round The World menu!Khumaras - for the great service, alternative and much more chilled sunset view and great foodChimichurri - for the steak!

Went to a few places this year.

El Rincón de Pepe - San An - Very good, cheapish tapas. Had the mussels there which were excellent - recommended.

Jockey Club - Salinas - Had a lovely meal of tuna slightly seared. Beats in the background, pricey but good. Clare's confit of duck was a revelation. Incredible food. 100 EURO for 2 with beers.

Fish Shack - Talamanca, Excellent - I had Red Mullet, Clare had the Doruda. Best one to come out as we were in a big group was the swordfish and tuna.

Amante - Sol De Serra - Great steak pricey at 32EURO. Unbeatable view, recommended. Excellent staff.

Best place however was one I cant remember. Easily spotted. Talamanca, blue neon sign. Did steak and veggies on the BBQ went 3 times. Excellent food.

Rincon del Rio - Santa Eulalia. A favorite of ours near the bridge that crosses the river in Santa Eulalia. The food is excellent, the service is exemplary and value is good. Menu del dia 12.50 3 courses & drink or full a la carte menu. Wine is sensibly priced and children are most welcome. Ask for your dish spiced to your personal taste, mine is red curry hot as you can make it, they are happy to oblige :)

Can anyone recommend a romantic restaurant around San an. It's our anniversary when we're out there
Sarah

had a very good burger in sanan´s worldfamous PENNSYLVANIA BURGER with cool 50s music ...
... and that bloke from sananbay´s BUCCANEER burgerbar makes good burgers, too ;)

ps:
does anybody know the name of a new french resaurant in ibiza town which should have opened this or last week ?
i think name starts with an "M ..." ?!?

Any guidance on the cost of food at Blue Marlin, can't find a menu on the website, 7 of us in Ibiza for a stag in August, and want to have at least 1 sensible night....:D A couple of the boys are on a tight budget, and as we're hitting a couple of the big nights club wise, so ideally looking for a place wehre we can eat and have a couple beers for around €30 a head....suggestions very welcome.

Any guidance on the cost of food at Blue Marlin, can't find a menu on the website, 7 of us in Ibiza for a stag in August, and want to have at least 1 sensible night....:D A couple of the boys are on a tight budget, and as we're hitting a couple of the big nights club wise, so ideally looking for a place wehre we can eat and have a couple beers for around €30 a head....suggestions very welcome.

30€ will get you 3 beers at blue marlin, but certainly not a meal.

Im sure blue marlin is 20e for a burger.You should try Tapas Bar in San an for 30e you`ll eat and drink like a lord..The food is really good and the staff are great.

Me and my gf have been looking for places to go for a nice meal when we are over there. We came across Khumaras but after looking at their Facebook photographs it seems more of a party place than somewhere you would go for a meal. Any info and advice would be great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back