Restaurant Reviews 2013/2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had an amazing meal there a few years back which was fish and sliced potatoes in a garlic-saffron sauce. Very tasty.

bullit de peix?

had paella at la noria lately and yes it is very good!! although, I'm still a fan of el carmen in cala d'hort and sa caleta.

Quick review of what I did this year:

Playa den bossa:

Ciao ciao:

Good stop for a quick eat, quite cheap.
Pizza, pasta, salads... all very good.

Dunes:

Mostly burgers & mexican style food... prices were normal but quality wasn't there.
I took meat fajitas but was really disappointed...
One of my friend took a burger and it seems it was good.

Moorea:

I go there once a year for a lunch on the beach side...
Prices are not too high, good meat (on the grill!), good paella...
I never was disappointed.

Passion:

Had a stop there but didn't know that they weren't serving salads before 2PM.
We were early so we took sandwiches, they were all really good and tasty!
Also try the fruit juices & milshakes... kick ass ;-)
Normal prices

Pago pago:

Stopped there once, food was good, nice to eat on the beach side.
Some salads, pasta, burgers...

Sissi's:

We did eat there twice as our appartment was a minute walk.
Prices just a bit over normal, huge menu with lots of different types of cuisine.
Sushis, Spanish food, French food, Italian food, Mexican,...
We tried sushis, paella, grilled meat, fajitas,... and everything was more than ok.

Other places:

KM5:

An institution... can't imagine one year in Ibiza without going there.
It is pricey yes... but you pay for what you get.
Quality service, quality cocktails, quality food. The place is beautiful...
Always a magic moment for us.
This year they started a caviar bar...
A must-do.

Fish shack:

First time we go there after reading some reviews on the forum...
Best fish I did eat since years!!!
Just have to find the place as it is located behind rocks near Sa Punta...
Really amazing fish, nice view over the water and dalt villa / ibiza port /...
Magical moment too.
Prices are cheap. Lot of local people.

Sa Trinxa:

As we often go to the Sa Trinxa beach we often eat there.
We never were disappointed since years.
I think we already nearly tried everything on the menu and it was always really good.
I recommend to take olives & garlic bread on the beach, with a sangria de cava rosé...
Prices are just a bit more than normal, but quality is there.

Raco Verd:

We make a yearly stop at Raco Verd as we really like the place.
This year for the first time we went on a night so there was a concert.
I really love that place, food is really good (mostly tapas & mexican).
Cocktails are excellent, and it is quite cheap compared to other area of the island...
I will not stop going there every year ;-)

Kumharas:

Nice spot for the sunset, quality food, good service.
I love the hippy atmosphere there, lost in the san antonio bay between bull bars,...
Prices are not too high.

Amante:

First time that I go there. What a nice view from this spot!
Really recommend it! Quality service (best one for this year), quality food.
Excellent cocktails!!!
A bit pricey but it's another magical place on the island.

Cas mila:

Went there as we saw some reviews (from Morbyd I think?).
Gazpacho was really great! Paella too!
Recommend it when you stop in Cala Tarida!
Cheap prices too, and nice view over the beach...

I hope it will help someone to find good places to eat ;-)

each year we select restaurants to eat out and usualy book them months before the season.

Highly dissapointed at LA CASITA restaurant. They confirmed my booking in MAY for july. driving there with two cars, somewhere in the hills, half an hour from Eivissa. We come there and TUESDAYS CLOSED. I mean WTF? highly unprofessional, weird, left my conformation mail on their door, no words from them. Would never go there again, they don't deserve it. There are many better restaurants there.

I would highly recommend La Paloma. Great settings, perfect food, relaxed atmopshere. just perfect. prices a bit high, but not too much. Staff nice, owner walking around, talkative. Next year I think we go back to them.

We tried this year also La Brasa in Eivissa. Waited half an hour over our reservation time, but worth it. Nice food, setting in donwtown. A lot of scandianvian people :)

It's good to come to Ibiza and try always something new, prices normal and very nice staff. After Ibiza we went to Mykonos and there is different story. People working in restaurants totaly weird. Greeks I guess.

Bon Appetit! ;)

We tried this year also La Brasa in Eivissa. Waited half an hour over our reservation time, but worth it. Nice food, setting in donwtown. A lot of scandianvian people :)

It's good to come to Ibiza and try always something new, prices normal and very nice staff. After Ibiza we went to Mykonos and there is different story. People working in restaurants totaly weird. Greeks I guess.

Bon Appetit! ;)

I have to respectfully disagree :) La Brassa has the most average food I have had in Ibiza town. In fact, that would be a stretch to even call it average. I/we have been there 3 times, and over a series of 9-10 main dishes, not a single one of them even reached "above average" food quality. Everything was so mediocre. Every time, half way through the meal, we would always look at each other and wonder what we just paid for. I suppose they survive based upon their location and the really nice setting (with the trees and vines). You have to consider that for the same price, there are a dozen places around it that have far better food.. just look at the square in the old town, good food for the same price.

i (unfortunately) have to agree with drtechno. i used to love la brasa when i started coming to ibiza, but the last few times i went i never was overly convinced. i gave it another go just last week and i'm not going back anymore. very mediocre food (for what you pay for) and the quality of service and the time we spent waiting (one hour between starters and main) were just a joke. sorry guys, you have a nice restaurant there, but you seriously need to improve on quality of both food and service before i'll come back.

on the other hand, i finally tried the restaurant plaza del sol (on plaza del sol) and that was a WOW. again, not cheap, but everything was delicious and the service was absolutely impeccable and super friendly. recommended!!

Cheap price in ibz town & best deals:
CAN FRIENDS 6 fra Vicente nicolau
https://www.facebook.com/canfriends.barrestaurante?fref=ts
10€ (from monday to friday,nom menu del dia on sat... close on sunday as many..) 2 meals, aioli + bread :free not as in place front of sea + drink + dessert.
if u have the opportunity to have a chat with the owner Jacob:Well this guy is Ibz :cool: Go THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!u 'll understand

Los pasajeros in ibz harbor..at chupito bar lever's it's on right close to sam's restaurant..close at 2.am very Tasty cheap local food & huge portions..sometimes queeue

Comida san juan close at 11pm very tasty cheap local food :have to make the queuee
there are many local restaurant in narrow street...just explore(8 € menu del dia) , spot place full of local...es tap nou (kind smoothie) & post it please...
pintxos bar just at end of av espana b4 daltvilla in very VERY narrow street on right just before the bank:tasty pintxos recommanded by chepitobiz

then u can experience them :
la escollera paella portion is ridiculous... :\ wont go there next time...

la cava dalt villa is not a good deal...

Cafe Valentino 9 av de espana :medu del dia 11€..i like what they call pimientos (red peppers stuff with meat & calamar with a sugar sauce..

Iemanja:best sangria with cava...staff sometimes loose their mind..forgot to give back our change..

illetes restaurant:don't remind the name: too pricey, better eat at es pujols in italian restaurant pirate xxxx
:mad:Bella napoli:Best pizza? custom service is shi.t...will b back in 2014 to make trouble & laught at italians people :spank: (why do italian people on the whole suckx? they behave they like stallions etc..(that do not work with me :D) i met nice italian girls btw ...)
greek sandwich at ibz harbor is sh.it..portion is ridiculous,i know one better calle baleares in figueretas:big portion .best in ibz but ..far from dalt villa but less tasty than any regular one in paris :lol:
greek sandwich at pdb close to space is worse than sh.it (just a remind from past year)
Greek sandwich in west end close to kfc is not good...
Destino restaurant:a little pricey ...but tasty food ,ate octopuss & "ecrevisse" (dont know word in uk)

The world need nata 8 av de espana:best breakfast. Har NUs opposite side quiet nice too .close to vodaphone...

bar moma in front of bora bora sucks..staff consider me as tourist (i was in ibz when they r suckin their toe:rolleyes: don't like people that don't show respect)..va fencu.lo italiano :D wifi doest not work well there...

the bars in front of hotel mare nostrum are not cheap if u compare to local bars in ibz town figueretas...(one QG for meetup...the bar on the right was best for wifi )

Last edited:
Any good menu del dia recommendations - anywhere on island!!!

loads. almost all the restaurant in the centre of san jordi (la manduca for example, also las olas). then there are again loads in ibiza town, valentino's for example on avda españa. even la cava on vara de rey does a lunchtime menu I think. there are really too many to mention them all, but if you look outside pdb and san an, you'll find lots!

Looking at eating & pre-drinks prior to Cocoon closing. Looking at hitting Amnesia about 3am-ish?

Toss-up between trying KM5 or L'Elephant.

My questions is - when roughly will their last sitting be, and will their bar open as late as 3am afterwards? If not, are there bars close-by we could hit before heading to Cocoon?

I had a midnight dinner at L'Elephant once (post-Zoo, pre-some club don't remember). Call to check but I think they're open late enough to do that and then hit the club.

I had a midnight dinner at L'Elephant once (post-Zoo, pre-some club don't remember). Call to check but I think they're open late enough to do that and then hit the club.

Good stuff. Will do, thanks ;)

Looking at eating & pre-drinks prior to Cocoon closing. Looking at hitting Amnesia about 3am-ish?

Toss-up between trying KM5 or L'Elephant.

My questions is - when roughly will their last sitting be, and will their bar open as late as 3am afterwards? If not, are there bars close-by we could hit before heading to Cocoon?

Another option san rafael, is El clodenis, just across the plaza from l'elephant.
The food is really good, nice outdoor. Last food order at 1.30 am, I think.

L'elephant used to be good, but disappointing lately.

I have to respectfully disagree :) La Brassa has the most average food I have had in Ibiza town. In fact, that would be a stretch to even call it average. I/we have been there 3 times, and over a series of 9-10 main dishes, not a single one of them even reached "above average" food quality. Everything was so mediocre. Every time, half way through the meal, we would always look at each other and wonder what we just paid for. I suppose they survive based upon their location and the really nice setting (with the trees and vines). You have to consider that for the same price, there are a dozen places around it that have far better food.. just look at the square in the old town, good food for the same price.

The only thing going for la brasa, is the location and the settings.
The bougainvillia (nice red flowers) acts like a magnet, especially for the ladies.
Worst service. Some of the comidas in the area, serve better food.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back