Restaurant Reviews 2013/2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
A new one for me this Summer was Es Ventall in San Antonio town, down a couple of streets from the square beside The Ship. Steaks are amazing, some awesome desserts also and reasonable prices too (probably slightly more expensive than you'd normally expect to pay in San Antonio but well worth it I think as the food and service are excellent).

Has a nice courtyard area out back or you can eat inside, very attentive service and with a nice, traditional Spanish feel to it. Well worth checking out the menu del dia which is excellent value for money (think it's around €15 for 3 courses and a drink (lunchtime / afternoons only), although can't remember the exact details.

Gaucho grill san ann bay for me, not a part of ibiza famous for food,argentine beef is the best in the world and we weren't dissapointed,if you spend a few euros they invite you to a cool little chill out bar at the back,seeing as my mrs found 100 euros in the hotel bar too,this place would look ok anyware in ibiza..i know its not pdb but easy to get to.

Another bad review I'm afraid...

Kasbah in San an at the end of sunset strip....

Had eaten here before with no complaints and to be fair some of the food was fine... I think they'd had a major problem that night as it was a total shambles! The owner is super friendly just a shame he forgets to process orders and is caining huge glasses of wine all night adding to his memory loss. The other waitress was clearly high as a kite on the marching powder she was just manic and had no problems admitting to a large table she couldn't remember anything they'd orderd 5mi s ago. Was almost funny to watch the food from various table get sent back. The 'home made focaccia and alioli' literally was some long life sliced bread with a smear of olive oil! Maybe there supplier let them down or something. The humus was clearly out of a very cheap pot from the supermarket. The calamari seemed at least home made but for 10euros you'd want more than 5 little ones. Drinks orders were forgotten and we got the wrong bill first then the next attempt they had charged for 3x calamaris! In all the confusion we eventually ended up paying less than we should but all in all it the most incompetent display of a restaurant I've ever seen. It was quite funny tho watching the chaos around us

yep agree. If it's the same waitress she got the sack in September of that year. We went on our first night. Was quite good but she was trollied and out of the game. Went back a few nights later. She was all over the place. We said to another waitress about our jumbled up order and the waitress in question went bananas and then got fired practically on the spot. Haha you couldn't make it up.

Kasbah hasn't been any good for years. Have kept on trying in the hope it would recapture what it was previously like but have given up and will never be back.

Kasbah hasn't been any good for years. Have kept on trying in the hope it would recapture what it was previously like but have given up and will never be back.

It could never reach the highs of @Fronty 's exclusive newsplash back in the day. Never gonna match those heady days.

(Hope you are well Fronster!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back