Psychedelic Science

without wishing to sound like anyone's Dad, I would urge caution with mushrooms if you are in the wrong mindset. If you are stressed or anxious about stuff in real life, certain mushrooms can get dark and not in a fun way. At least this was my experience a couple of weeks back when a visiting pal brought some up. There was occasional laughter but mostly I was lying in bed for a couple of hours worrying about everything whilst my friends were at a bar in a totally different state of mind. I remember feeling ultra paranoid too. Whereas my previous times had all been pretty merry and funny maybe because my head was in a lighter place at the time. Hugely disappointing of course because I had hoped for something very different.

That's the nature of psychedelics, innit? Rather than try my homegrown shrooms, I went for the easier option of nexus flipping at the weekend. Pretty much guaranteed enjoyment (if you're somewhere you feel safe), but not really much gained. Hopefully try those shrooms in August, but will be starting with a low dose.

That's why I prefer dmt. It's over in 10 minutes and you can start reflecting on the experience.
If you are not enjoying the mushoom trip you are stuck there for a few hours

Does 10 minutes feel like 10 minutes though? Psychs can mess with your sense of time... I should have a four day weekend. Weather looks too crap to get the garden done, so might have another window of opportunity for trying the shrooms, all in the name of personal growth. :lol:

Fair point doesn't feel like 10 mins, time doesn't exist at all. But subconsciously I feel safer as I know it will be over soon.
I wish it lasted longer. Will be trying with maoi soon

More recently, he and colleagues performed a double-blind randomized controlled trial comparing two session of psilocybin therapy with 6 weeks of the antidepressant escitalopram. He urged conference attendees to watch for published findings.
“The results are really exciting…Psilocybin therapy comes out very well in this trial,” Dr. Carhart-Harris said with a quick smile. “I wish I could say more, but I can’t. But the safety and efficacy outcomes are really, really promising.”

After some trial and error getting used to dmt iv had some truely mind blowing experiences.
Difficult to fully remember and comprehend them though.

Psilocybin has spectacular potential for use in psycho therapy. Truly amazing

Did you watch the documentary? I watched it last night. It's as much about people people living with treatment resistant depression as it is psychedelic science/therapy and quite sad. Although the trial overall was considered a success, the three participants they followed didn't have particularly great outcomes. Certainly gives the impression that psych therapy is still very hard work, needs to be tailored to the individual and will work better for some than for others.

Spent years on Anti-depressants, helps at the start, but knobbles you to the point, where the best job would as a Walking Dead extra.
Psilocybin caught my eye after initially researching into MDMA and LSD as a possible means to jumpstart my brain and give it a factory reset. The last two pretty much a no no, cos unless im making the stuff myself, would rely on trust for someone to provide the means, so I went the natural route.

All I can say is after one heroic dose of Truffles, it's now given me the means to be able to hold thoughts and deal with them, rather than have them slosh around and going round and round in circles. Been Microdosing since as and when I feel the need. In addition with talking to people in a similar situation, I'm now climbing out of that 'hole'. The Heroic trip really did dissolve any fears I would have of death.

Still get days that are bad days and have been a bit wobbly last couple weeks, mainly due to body sensing shorter days (I f***ing hate September), plus COVID pretty much making finding work even harder than it was back pre-lockdown.

It works for me, and personally I think it should be declassified to Class B and along with talking therapy, should be made available to everyone who doesn't respond to the usual 'meds'.

Happy to share knowledge and provide guidance if anyone wants to find out more.

Did you watch the documentary? I watched it last night. It's as much about people people living with treatment resistant depression as it is psychedelic science/therapy and quite sad. Although the trial overall was considered a success, the three participants they followed didn't have particularly great outcomes. Certainly gives the impression that psych therapy is still very hard work, needs to be tailored to the individual and will work better for some than for others.
No, unfortunately I didn't have the time yet. It is still very early in the "clinical" phase of psilocybin treatment and research. Not every outcome or patient will immediately show results. This is a long process, im just happy this is even being allowed/considered, same with mdma. There's potential for this to really help people

Loads of good presentations up on the Drug Science you tube channel.

Tonight watched -

^ has info on a new clinical study

There are quite a few others I plan to watch soon.

I would really recommend a youtube channel called Adeptus Psychonautica
The guy is really down to earth and not up his own hole like a lot of 'phyconauts' tend to be.

I started my dmt journey about a year ago and have had 2 or 3 breakthrough experiences now.

Iv also got some 5meo-dmt, iv had it for a few months but I'm just waiting for the right time to explore it.

Back