Printworks London

Have been considering the J2 launch party at Tobacco Dock. Great venue IMO and good line up, but £55 really is extortion for a party in the UK. Suppose it makes sense as a way to supplement profits from the summer festival though after listening to the podcast.

Not sure I buy their arguments about tokens though... has always struck me as a way to con people out of money by either not appreciating how much they’re spending when fukced, losing tokens or not spending them all and been unable to get a refund at the end.

Have been considering the J2 launch party at Tobacco Dock. Great venue IMO and good line up, but £55 really is extortion for a party in the UK.
I have to disagree, you get 10-11 hours worth of events for £55, Ibiza is that for about half the time!

While I agree its expense it is by no means extortion. To be honest I wouldn't have been going due to the price but I still don't think its an unfair amount considering the length of event and DJs on the line up. Luckily I won a ticket when I bought my 2019 J2 Festival ticket so I be them and am actually really excited! Not been Docks in a while as I got a bit bored of the venue since its free for me why not!

For anyone who has never been Docks I'm sure would come out saying that was £55 well spent!

@Crawleytown I also hate tokens. But LWE are one of the few (only?) to refund unused tokens.
It's a ballache queuing again. But from my experience, this queue is short. The only other downside is trying to budget those vital last few hours, as nobody wants to be worrying about a refund at the death.

@Crawleytown I also hate tokens. But LWE are one of the few (only?) to refund unused tokens.
It's a ballache queuing again. But from my experience, this queue is short. The only other downside is trying to budget those vital last few hours, as nobody wants to be worrying about a refund at the death.

You’re right they do, but at Junction 2 it entailed being in the queue half an hour before the festival ended, which also happened to be the other side of the site to the main stage where Cox and Beyer were closing. Looked to me an attempt at dissuading as many people as possible to refund their tokens which is a bit naughty imo.

Have been considering the J2 launch party at Tobacco Dock. Great venue IMO and good line up, but £55 really is extortion for a party in the UK. Suppose it makes sense as a way to supplement profits from the summer festival though after listening to the podcast.

Not sure I buy their arguments about tokens though... has always struck me as a way to con people out of money by either not appreciating how much they’re spending when fukced, losing tokens or not spending them all and been unable to get a refund at the end.
Theres an app called 'Im In' and you can win 2 tickets to Junction 2 at tobacco docks on there or worst case you win 25% off ticket price i think. Worth a shot though surely... i think they get given tickets when demand not huge and still a few tickets available.

P.S ive won loads of tickets off the app and also paid for loads i later won or couldve won off the app and theyre fully legit

Initially excitement got the better of me and had tickets been available now I would be attending both.

But on reflection I will be staying good and not attending either due to Time Warp being the day after Solomun and Sunwaves 4 day's after the RPR date.

Will be hard but has to be done.

I wouldn't worry too much. I don't think the younger crowd you are worried about will attend this.

Exactly my point - even in Ibiza Solomun+1 for me still doesn't attract the same crowd that say a Music On, Paradise, Abode etc does.

Each to their own and nothing wrong with the above events if that is your thing but for me personally it's not to my taste.

Also sorted Solomun tickets - only managed to get 2nd release however!

11-2am Solomun set is a decent time for a day venue....

Let's hope the crowd is not the Essex crew!

Back