Printworks London

Life of Rye

Anyone caught wind of this?

http://printworkslondon.co.uk/
Printworks London, a groundbreaking new multi cultural event space for the capital. Set to change the face of London’s cultural scene, Printworks is a 5,000 capacity licenced venue for music and the arts. Comprising of six vast events spaces, all arranged over multiple levels with a maze of corridors and rooms.
Housing the giant printing presses that once delivered the Metro and Evening Standard newspapers to London, the Press Halls are a fully soundproofed space, designed to contain the industry of what was once Western Europe's largest print facility, keeping crowds on both sides of the wall happy

Yep, Another great find by LWE. I noticed Abode did something at Tobacco Dock in October, so I wonder if they lost 'exclusivity' for club events now so have had to find a new venue to remain exclusive. Some good lines up there. I'm not really keen to commit to tickets for anything at the moment as it is a busy month so may see what is around in the new year.

Opening hours are strange yes. Could make for some very messy weekends!
The Hydra doing some events there though, could be really decent. Any new club space opening in London needs to be applauded and encouraged at the mo.

Opening hours are strange yes. Could make for some very messy weekends!
The Hydra doing some events there though, could be really decent. Any new club space opening in London needs to be applauded and encouraged at the mo.

I am sure I read somewhere maybe on their facebook page that it is just temporary

I noticed Abode did something at Tobacco Dock in October, so I wonder if they lost 'exclusivity' for club events now so have had to find a new venue to remain exclusive.

LWE gave them permission to use Tobacco Dock on that occasion (I pretty certain they shared the TEN license)

Although I would have to agree that it might signal the end of Docks being used by LWE.

Iam going to 2 so far, daytime raves are great fun, Drumcode was awesome and back for NYD daytime at Tabacco

Judging by how quickly the tickets have sold.....people are agreeing with me

I purchased tickets for the Knee Deep in London last night. Quite reasonably priced and with Hot Since 82, Matthias Tanzmann, Butch and Mathias Kaden on the lineup it was too good to resist.

Some other fantastic day events though throughout the Spring at Printworks. Great news for the capital, after such a horrible summer with the temporary loss of 338 and Fabric!

Looks like some cock up on printworks behalf but the launch tickets have sold out!! That was the only event I was interested it :(

If anyone knows of 2 tickets going for the 04FEB I will have them!!

Always good to see new places opening up, I'll be along in the Spring I'm sure. I just hope that dreadful Amy Lamé doesn't try and take credit for this one.

Would also love to see somewhere open up out west, it's a long slap from all these east london warehouses for me!

Was planning to go there whilst I was in London for the weekend but couldnt justify going there for the whole of the day, would have gone if it was a night time job

I very much doubt I will attend any of their events

They messed up on the launch and just acted ignorant to the complaints. No apology or anything and ignored many questions

I'm going to wait and see how the feedback is after a few events and then decide on wherher we get tickets for anything. Tobacco docks is in theory great, but it was one in one out for the main room when we arrived with a huge line so we didnt even see most the DJs we went to see so i avoid it now. This may the same.

In regards to opening hours, they have said their plan is to start with daytime events and gradually push the hours later given the climae/pressure on clubs in London and licenses.

I'm going to wait and see how the feedback is after a few events and then decide on wherher we get tickets for anything. Tobacco docks is in theory great, but it was one in one out for the main room when we arrived with a huge line so we didnt even see most the DJs we went to see so i avoid it now. This may the same.

In regards to opening hours, they have said their plan is to start with daytime events and gradually push the hours later given the climae/pressure on clubs in London and licenses.

Well that was one of my questions to them regarding capacity

The venue is licenced for 5000 people but they are scheduling 2500 people....Probably to avoid that issue as I believe there are two rooms there. I was hoping they would release more tickets for sale

There will be tickets. Not every venue sells all tickets in advance. Columbo group venues for example only sell 50% in advance. Surely they will list more?

I'm reliably informed that the second Hydra date in April has a really good line up if you are into Pampa records.

Back