Printworks London

I can't actually see them switching to a night party.

You might be right. LWE are fairly ethical promoters. Always look to put their event afterparties into permanent venues.

I think the exception might be if they get the license for a UK Time Warp. Which - if you believe the rumours - is what they're hoping for.

Spoke to some of their guys on Saturday. They pretty much confirmed that if they do decide to go for a late license then it would only be for a "special one-off event"

Their current license runs until 2am.

But they figured it makes sense to focus on day parties rather then boot masses onto the street at 2am.

Spoke to some of their guys on Saturday. They pretty much confirmed that if they do decide to go for a late license then it would only be for a "special one-off event"

Their current license runs until 2am.

But they figured it makes sense to focus on day parties rather then boot masses onto the street at 2am.

Good decision. Although to be fair, at least it has the Jubilee line a short walk away and that's 24 hours on a weekend.

Damn it, need to go! we stupidly got booked up for loads of weekends for this series but will def check out the next one. I keep walking right by it was i work near there...frustrating that the closest i have been is to go Decathlon at lunch time for bike gear ha ha.

So other than being familiar with the venues and visiting once or twice for mainly work, i have no real inside knowledge on the scene in London. Point being, I've reached out to Printworks about releasing a summer schedule and they said they'll not be having any events in the month of June. Not sure if they just dont want to discuss the possibilities but it doesnt make any sense to me to tell someone theyre not having events if they plan to. Any idea why a new venue that seems really successful wouldn't hold events in June? Or is it possibly they have another venue up their sleeve with outdoor space?

@Chris L no summer programming this year. Issue 002 events programme will beginning at the end of summer/autumn.

Their PR told me reason for this is nobody wants to be stuck inside a dark, stuffy warehouse all-day during the day in the summer.

Fair enough answer, but this is London. Not exactly sure what kind of heatwave they are anticipating!! Maybe this will change in future years?

As a general rule, lots of London-based promoters & DJs head to Ibiza (and probably Croatia too nowadays) for the summer, and overall London's scene does slow down a little over those 3 or 4 months.

Last edited:
I didn't realise this would be a seasonal thing either. Fair enough, June especially is always hard to promote events.

@Chris L no summer programming this year. Issue 002 events programme will beginning at the end of summer/autumn.

Their PR told me reason for this is nobody wants to be stuck inside a dark, stuffy warehouse all-day during the day in the summer.

Fair enough answer, but this is London. Not exactly sure what kind of heatwave they are anticipating!! Maybe this will change in future years?

As a general rule, lots of London-based promoters & DJs head to Ibiza (and probably Croatia too nowadays) for the summer, and overall London's scene does slow down a little over those 3 or 4 months.

Good stuff WIC, thanks for the info. Def makes sense but also like you say, it is still a London summer. I think people would still attend regardless of summer festivals but i guess with all the hype around the venue it will get people anticipating the reopening with even more hype. I dont see how Ibiza would generally make a big difference being its just a quick flight, but i guess they made their decision, again thanks for the input and info.

A lot of the DJs they'd want to book will be over on the island so may not be willing to travel back.
A lot of people will be over in Ibiza over the summer, or just away on holiday in general, or at festivals.

Generally speaking for clubs, summer is a quiet time, along with January in the UK.
They tend to be busy from Feb - May and again from Sept to early December.

They are doing other things with the venue in their 'off' season though, like the Beaverworks brewery thing.

Back