Printworks London

Clockwork Orange on Saturday was incredible. I didn't get there until 5pm as was working in the day but made up for it in the 6hrs I was.

Superb sets from all Dj's I caught and the friendliest crowd around IMO. Tall Paul, Darren Emerson, Altern8 and a trance set from Passion's JFK stood out for me!

Absolutely gutted the venue is closing. It's easily on par with my favourite worldwide club Amnesia

Clockwork Orange on Saturday was incredible. I didn't get there until 5pm as was working in the day but made up for it in the 6hrs I was.

Superb sets from all Dj's I caught and the friendliest crowd around IMO. Tall Paul, Darren Emerson, Altern8 and a trance set from Passion's JFK stood out for me!

Absolutely gutted the venue is closing. It's easily on par with my favourite worldwide club Amnesia
Sounds like it was excellent.

I saw Tall Paul put on his socials that some the sets from the day will be shared soon. Will keep a look out for them.
Was Tall Paul playing just classics or some new stuff too?

I have to agree with you on the venue. Both Hot Since 82 and Drumcode were so good. Both those nights had good crowd (older than I thought, certainly for HS82) There's a bit of a lawlessness feel to that main room, in particular on the sides of that room. While it's very different, it reminded me some of the vibe you use to get in Turnmills in many of its nooks and crannies. Plus on the sides you avoid the people with their cameras out as you can't see the light show.

Sounds like it was excellent.

I saw Tall Paul put on his socials that some the sets from the day will be shared soon. Will keep a look out for them.
Was Tall Paul playing just classics or some new stuff too?

I have to agree with you on the venue. Both Hot Since 82 and Drumcode were so good. Both those nights had good crowd (older than I thought, certainly for HS82) There's a bit of a lawlessness feel to that main room, in particular on the sides of that room. While it's very different, it reminded me some of the vibe you use to get in Turnmills in many of its nooks and crannies. Plus on the sides you avoid the people with their cameras out as you can't see the light show.
We said on Saturday that it reminded us of a cross between Turnmills and Fabric. Industrial raw feel about it.

Tall Paul played a mixture but mainly newer stuff and edits of classics. Cirez D On - Off took the roof off aswell his tune Camisra - Let me Show you.
Set links should be out soon!

There's a bit of a lawlessness feel to that main room, in particular on the sides of that room. While it's very different, it reminded me some of the vibe you use to get in Turnmills in many of its nooks and crannies. Plus on the sides you avoid the people with their cameras out as you can't see the light show.
admittedly I’ve not been for a few years, but it felt if you went to near the walls the sound was crap, as the stacks were next to the pillars. Did they change it ?

admittedly I’ve not been for a few years, but it felt if you went to near the walls the sound was crap, as the stacks were next to the pillars. Did they change it ?
It's definatley not loud enough but passable if you find a good spot. My ears haven't been ringing for days after and I didn't wear my ear plugs so that's not a bad thing I suppose.

Yeah agree about sound, just about ok if you dance near the speaker in certain spots.
There were some sweet spots near the walls actually for Drumcode. We tend to walk from back to front and try to secure these early on if possible haha

I find it worse after you've just come back Ibiza where the sound levels feel 3X higher. Try to avoid that because you do end up feeling you're in a library. But like you say I guess our ears will appreciated it in the long run 😄

It's definatley not loud enough but passable if you find a good spot. My ears haven't been ringing for days after and I didn't wear my ear plugs so that's not a bad thing I suppose.
I went Saturday and agree with you about the sound. I don’t miss those days of ringing after.

It’s an incredibly well run venue and I have loved it every time I’ve been there. It’s such a shame it’s closing.

For me clockwork is less about the music and more about the crowd; they are always great fun and they gave printworks an amazing send off.

Very odd final party lineup - with that number of artists and two rooms available for a 12 hour event - what’s going on 30 minute sets?

Like the Space closing saga of many moons ago 🤣

Dixon and Koze would have been superb but not with those other names and maximum set times! 👎🏻

Attachments

• 786C3C67-A113-47D2-B128-2C242246516C.png
    786C3C67-A113-47D2-B128-2C242246516C.png
    764.2 KB · Views: 27
Very odd final party lineup - with that number of artists and two rooms available for a 12 hour event - what’s going on 30 minute sets?

Like the Space closing saga of many moons ago 🤣

Dixon and Koze would have been superb but not with those other names and maximum set times! 👎🏻
Only 11 hours actually, feels a squeeze. Small rumours that the special guest might be bicep- feels unlikely to me

Yeah it does feel like a squeeze indeed!

Expected as someone else said some different genres on different nights - cramming in and doing a cross genre event with that many artists is just cluttered and confusing!

Trying to appeal to the masses but totally missed the mark with short sets IMO.

Back