Printworks London

From the videos looks like new lighting is shocking, too much going on everything seems out of place. Those LED screens ruined that feeling of big industrial space and now just looks like regular club. Gonna go check out klockworks so will see how it is in real life - hopefully I am wrong and it is still amazing. New sound system too but couldn't find any info on it

From the videos looks like new lighting is shocking, too much going on everything seems out of place. Those LED screens ruined that feeling of big industrial space and now just looks like regular club.
I've not been since, but felt similarly when I saw the vids. I'm sure Klockworks will be more stripped back. They'll have creative control

Im going to Klockworks, can't wait.
:)

Also went to the Chandler and Talabot opening. The place has got even better in my view.
Main thing was sound. Last year you had 3 or 4 sets of big speakers on the sides which caused bottle necks as people danced near them. Now you have many more speakers more centrally so sound is crisper all round the room. The sides were empty so you could just walk right to the front quite easily.

My favourite venue in London now.

Also went to the Chandler and Talabot opening. The place has got even better in my view.
Main thing was sound. Last year you had 3 or 4 sets of big speakers on the sides which caused bottle necks as people danced near them. Now you have many more speakers more centrally so sound is crisper all round the room. The sides were empty so you could just walk right to the front quite easily.

Good to hear it is just as good or improved. The sound system has always been lacking though. Issue one there were complaints and LWE announced they made improvements for issue 2.
I went to Paradise for issue 2 and Jamie Jones set broke down twice. Assuming the decks or amps packed up as they had to quickly replace equipment to get the party going again

Was supposed to be going to Klockworks but never got myself in gear in time

Did anyone else go?
I think I must've jinxed it when I said it was my favourite venue.. lol

We got in around 4 as usual and soon realised there was something wrong when the queue to the girls toilets was huge. We soon found out the main mens toilet area was completely flooded and couldn't be used so every other toilet in the venue had huge queues. Scenes were not pretty! Mood was a bit subdued.

To be fair to the promoters they did order about 30 portaloos which got there about 6.30 or so. ( i can only imagine them frantically trying to get hold of these.. probably not easy on Easter Sunday!)

Once these came in the vibe got better.

DVS1 and Ben Klock were on fire. Dark and energetic techno, quite relentless in points, just how I like it.

Did anyone else go?

We got in around 4 as usual and soon realised there was something wrong when the queue to the girls toilets was huge. We soon found out the main mens toilet area was completely flooded and couldn't be used so every other toilet in the venue had huge queues. Scenes were not pretty! Mood was a bit subdued.

To be fair to the promoters they did order about 30 portaloos which got there about 6.30 or so. ( i can only imagine them frantically trying to get hold of these.. probably not easy on Easter Sunday!)

DVS1 and Ben Klock were on fire. Dark and energetic techno, quite relentless in points, just how I like it.

Queues are huge for people needing to sniff

Did anyone else go?

The toilet scene reinforced my decision to not get a ticket to be honest.

Toilets situation was annoying.

However the music was unreal. Perfect. Klock was insane. Shout out to surgeon and dvs1 aswell.

Even tho LED screens were off I still don't like them, they just kill the space! Basically the lighting is not as good as it used to be.

On the positive side, I like the new layout how you enter the venue, got more rooms open and feels like there is more space. As someone mentioned before the sound improved a little bit since they added more speakers. Also easier to pass on both sides because speakers are closer to the centre.

So besides the toilet situation it was still a great party with quality music and great crowd! The venue is perfect for dark industrial techno :)

1 of the LWE directors is asked about their departure in the latest IMS industry interview:

"Our departure from Printworks, put simply, we could not agree on a shared vision. It’s sad to walk away from something so amazing but we have to follow our hearts, it’s what we have always done and it’s got us this far!"

Full interview: http://www.internationalmusicsummit.com/ims-meets-alice-favre-lwe/

Interesting interview.
As I waited in the queue for toilet I did hear a few say "first time without LWE and look what happens"
Although not sure how they would've had any more luck!

Back