Printworks London

I went to Paul Kalkbrenner, the music was fantastic as usual and my mates loved the place, but I'm still not convinced. I had a particularly aggressive search on the way in by some dickhead who couldn't have been less polite. Some people were getting everything confiscated, even lollypops and gum (which were being collected up only to, apparently, reappear on sale in the toilets according to some people), while others were barely looked at.

I to the closing show and wow that was a huge mess. Hawtin and libeing not showing up ruined it and what made it worse was f***ing luciano playing 4 f***ing hours.

He played tech house after moudebaber smashed it out playing hard techno. Awful awful djing. was f***ing horrid

he was on at the same time as Yotto, who i really like and Yotto didnt get a look in.

Off topic i suppose from Printworks, but i was fond of Yotto myself until the last time i saw him on a weekend in Chicago, man was he awful. In my opinion moved more from the Anjunadeep sound to almost Anjunabeats, didn't like his set at all and stayed for 2 hours of it before quitting. Maybe it was an off night but seemed like his sound is changing a bit.

Off topic i suppose from Printworks, but i was fond of Yotto myself until the last time i saw him on a weekend in Chicago, man was he awful. In my opinion moved more from the Anjunadeep sound to almost Anjunabeats, didn't like his set at all and stayed for 2 hours of it before quitting. Maybe it was an off night but seemed like his sound is changing a bit.

How own tunes have definitely gone downhill, though even the good ones has such a similar sound that it doesnt suprise me he has changed direction a little.

Anybody knows when Issue 004 will start?

LWE the promoter have pulled out of the venue so there won't be an Issue 004.

Interestingly I know of someone who recently took a management job at Printworks so looks like they are going to do 'their own thing' now and possibly work with other promoters.

LWE the promoter have pulled out of the venue so there won't be an Issue 004.

Interestingly I know of someone who recently took a management job at Printworks so looks like they are going to do 'their own thing' now and possibly work with other promoters.

I wonder if they'll keep doing the 'issues' anyway, it fits with the venue.

Anybody have any idea what happened for them to part ways? Obviously I'm not deep into the London scene so I dont know the major players that well to understand why what seemed like a successful relationship would be done away with. @white_isle_calling usually seems to be in touch with this stuff, any thoughts?

I think we will see more external promoters doing one-offs. Will they be more commercial/underground?
Check out Broadwick Live's portfolio and decide for yourselves.
Already Clockwork Orange & Playaz (DNB via LockNLoad AKA South West Four) confirmed for 2018 - is this a sign of things to come?
Also consider how many brands/parties are already partnered with LWE

Another factor to consider - albeit third party - is how many big artists/parties E1 (formerly Studio Spaces) and Studio 338 are scooping up as they invest heavily after major refurbs

Always very inciteful WIC!
Such a shame, Koze, MCDE etc last year was so good! Not sure we’ll see The Hydra there again for reasons you’ve outlined

Maybe. Maybe not. You *might* be alright as it happens. The Hydra are going ballsout this year too, I hear.
But it's worth baring in mind that their Sunday series at MOS flopped and their Blueprint date during Issue 002 was the worst performing Printworks shows to date which didn't get cancelled.
Carl Craig live at the Barbican though - phwoar!

My personal feeling is that there won't be an Issue/series of events, but instead stand-alone events, sporadically littered across the calendar. So not weekly.
This is just a hunch going by what has already been announced and the manner in which they have been announced

I'm certain that Broadwick will want to build-up their various festival pursuits in the interim so consider showcases for these as likely contenders.

Back