Printworks London

That’s just Jamie Jones in general, nowt to do with the kit.

It first cut out and thought it was part of the act but then the volume creeped back up slowly and it was ok.... for 5 minutes then it cut off again

I see through the dark as the lights all cut off as well it seemed they were swapping mixers but not 100% sure

What did you think mate?
Place is superb

Tech fault through Jones set though killed the vibe a little.... When they got the music going again I didn't quite get back into it

Printworks as a venue always impresses me - this was my third visit and again it was great!

My only complaints would be the same as when I every occasion that I have attended - 1) Volume levels being slightly too low and 2) Toilets being so far away from the main room! I also noticed that the capacity has doubled during Issue 2 and the main room dance floor was packed to the rafters, slightly more than I would have liked but still space to dance.

Musically it was decent, nothing groundbreaking. Richy Ahmed actually delivered the best set of the day for me, playing very techy and dropping some absolute bombs! Loco Dice for me is honestly one of the most overrated DJ’s on earth, I just don’t get the hype and he proved that again on Saturday. Jamie was decent enough, but he’s set had no flow for me and was felt like random tracks hashed together.

Overall a decent day out - but I have no doubt I will attend far better events at Printworks!

I also noticed that the capacity has doubled during Issue 2 and the main room dance floor was packed to the rafters, slightly more than I would have liked but still space to dance.

Hasn't doubled. Only a few extra hundred tickets (for the balcony) released. Only problem being, once you've visited the balcony the first time, you tend to want to go to the dancefloor so it hasn't really alleviated anything. That said, Paradise was the busiest Printworks show to date. I think there was a ticketing error and a few more tickets than normal ending-up reaching the public domain by mistake.

Hasn't doubled. Only a few extra hundred tickets (for the balcony) released. Only problem being, once you've visited the balcony the first time, you tend to want to go to the dancefloor so it hasn't really alleviated anything. That said, Paradise was the busiest Printworks show to date. I think there was a ticketing error and a few more tickets than normal ending-up reaching the public domain by mistake.

My mistake then - that’s simply what I was told but yeah, it was by far and away the busiest I’ve ever seen Printworks.

Hoping for some better events during the next issue - I was a little underwhelmed this time around. That said, I do love the venue and I think it’s a huge boost for London nightlife.

If richy ahmed was the best that day then you must have had a shocker of a day mate.

My condolences

Not at all. I’ve been far from a fan of he’s in this past and would have always said he was the most one dimensional, boring DJ on earth - but trust me, he surprised on Saturday!

Blimey this a shock! Any idea on why? They leaving or being told to leave?

Might be like WHP and Victoria Warehouse, they had exclusivity but then the venue owners decided to remove that clause and try and do in house things.

Bit gutted I’ve not been now, as LWE events are usually spot on

560/50 on this. Hopefully there something new at printworks with better events and later closing times.

But the grass inst always greener....

Back