Politics - UK - 2017

Say if I've based my observations of 100 people in each category I think it would be fair to say this represents a fair assessment of society in general.

The remainder (also a 'large proportion') are rich, poor for other reasons which I'm sure we all agree needs some rebalancing and yes, that's where government needs to take control.

I hope you read this back to yourself one day, and realise what a total self-entitled arse you sound like.

You are very wrong about poor people. As for the government taking back control? Chilling. I hope that that sentence was the start of the joke.

I'm sure you're not a bad person. But you believe your own hype. I guess that much is admirable.

Your comment....

As a business owner, what a damning indictment you have on your poor, lazy workforce. I do hope none of them having the misfortune of visiting this public forum and read how little you think of them for making you "financially comfortable"

To his......

I myself have built up a successful business and could pay myself much more than I do but I choose not to as I only need enough to live reasonably comfortable and in exchange I pay my staff a very good wage and also invest the money back into the business to expand and create more jobs. I believe this is fair but what do I know hey.

For which I thought was completely off with what the fella was saying......

Hence my continued response. Quite frankly you're rather judgemental in my opinion.
I'm almost expecting to see you on the news wearing a robe and sandals. Feeding bread and fish to the 5000 with the morale high ground you've coated yourself in today.....

in the not too distant future when we ALL get replaced by robots, any remaining work ethic will go out the window

Yes,we shouldn't be working 50,60,70hrs a week,we don't even need to nowadays. Thats precisely what we,as humans should be benefiting from. 3 day weeks,more leisure time,a happier, healthier lifestyle,which the whole, world can benefit from. You don't need a work ethic in 2017.

But no.! The rich f***s buy all the tech up,lay the workers off and let them starve, whilst they get fat.

Millions of UK workers at risk of being replaced by robots, study says

https://www.theguardian.com/technol...-uk-workers-risk-replaced-robots-study-warns?

@spinksy123 Pal, look at what he said about poor people. Look. Utter bellend comment

Yes I understand that. But your response to his comment about his business was way off it.......That's what I'm saying.

Also the very first post referenced people being nice etc to others on this forum. Calling people an arse, wank and utter bellend because they've viewed an opinion you don't agree with isn't in my opinion really needed.

I get the view point of poor being lazy may offend people. But he definitely wasn't referring to his own employees.......

Last edited:
countless surveys of (legit) employers find that migrants are preferred to local workers for having better attitude/work ethic - the reason certain low-end sectors need people from thousands of miles away is that local kids turn their nose up at those jobs (same story across western world

I disagree with this. It's exploitation, pure and simple. Workers in the west expect fair pay and good conditions,and the boss class f***ing hate it! I'm not saying we don't need workers from abroad,but that's all, it boils down to.

Last edited:
Also the very first post referenced people being nice etc to others on this forum. Calling people an arse, wank and utter bellend because they've viewed an opinion you don't agree with isn't in my opinion really needed.

Well, name calling is the easy option you see.

Rather childish and shame it came to that but oh well.

https://digitalsynopsis.com/inspiration/privileged-kids-on-a-plate-pencilsword-toby-morris/

Says it all. I work really hard, always have. I dug holes when in my school holidays, worked in Uni holidays and even when I started full time employment after Uni, I went labouring at the weekends to get ahead.

Sounds like I really did it for myself, doesn't it? But no actually, that was my internship. My old man came here from Ireland at 15, leaving a broken home, no education, no parental support, but there was at least an abundance of labouring work. Eventually he built himself a business, which gave me the opportunities I describe above.

And that privilege given my Autistic son an advantage that equally deserving child without my start in life won't get. My son had 40 hours a therapy a week for the last two years, paid for by me. The state offered 4 half hour speech therapy sessions every six months. And that's now, before the Tories have completely stripped the NHS for their buddies. My son has moved from 'profound and severe' to 'moderate' between the ages of 2 and 4, with adequate resources and educated parents. An equally deserving child not born to privilege will be shitting in nappies when he's 20.

And that's what your voting for if you vote Tory. To abandon the vulnerable to chance of birth, where, to whom and with what defects.

I'm seeing the rise of homelessness and addiction to hard drugs on the streets of my leafy London surburbs. I'm seeing the mentally ill roaming the streets uncared for. This isn't some abstract other world where a work ethic will give most people a chance to be comfortable.

I don't particularly care for Labour's apparent incompetence, but siding against that with an elite that treats the majority of people with utter contempt? Deadly contempt for many? Nah, not for me.

Vote tactically against the Tories or know that you are voting for the effective murder of the disabled, the elderly and the sick. You abandon too their carers, to a life without respite, somehow making ends meet, exhausted from personally providing a round the clock service the state could easily afford were the elite willing to forgo such a trivial amount to them that they wouldn't even notice.

Take a look at yourself. Who do you want to be?

https://digitalsynopsis.com/inspiration/privileged-kids-on-a-plate-pencilsword-toby-morris/

Says it all. I work really hard, always have. I dug holes when in my school holidays, worked in Uni holidays and even when I started full time employment after Uni, I went labouring at the weekends to get ahead.

Sounds like I really did it for myself, doesn't it? But no actually, that was my internship. My old man came here from Ireland at 15, leaving a broken home, no education, no parental support, but there was at least an abundance of labouring work. Eventually he built himself a business, which gave me the opportunities I describe above.

And that privilege given my Autistic son an advantage that equally deserving child without my start in life won't get. My son had 40 hours a therapy a week for the last two years, paid for by me. The state offered 4 half hour speech therapy sessions every six months. And that's now, before the Tories have completely stripped the NHS for their buddies. My son has moved from 'profound and severe' to 'moderate' between the ages of 2 and 4, with adequate resources and educated parents. An equally deserving child not born to privilege will be shitting in nappies when he's 20.

And that's what your voting for if you vote Tory. To abandon the vulnerable to chance of birth, where, to whom and with what defects.

I'm seeing the rise of homelessness and addiction to hard drugs on the streets of my leafy London surburbs. I'm seeing the mentally ill roaming the streets uncared for. This isn't some abstract other world where a work ethic will give most people a chance to be comfortable.

I don't particularly care for Labour's apparent incompetence, but siding against that with an elite that treats the majority of people with utter contempt? Deadly contempt for many? Nah, not for me.

Vote tactically against the Tories or know that you are voting for the effective murder of the disabled, the elderly and the sick. You abandon too their carers, to a life without respite, somehow making ends meet, exhausted from personally providing a round the clock service the state could easily afford were the elite willing to forgo such a trivial amount to them that they wouldn't even notice.

Take a look at yourself. Who do you want to be?

I'm so pleased your son has made such good progress, wishing you and him lots of luck and love.

I'm so pleased your son has made such good progress, wishing you and him lots of luck and love.

Cheers. People need to realise what happens to most of these kids though and how much worse it's getting. People need to care. And people need to vote to protect the vunerable, if Diane Abbott is career politician who can't add up, that doesn't excuse voting for the willful abandonment of the needy.

This Tory party are imitating Howe's advice to Thatcher of a 'managed decline' for Liverpool, but this time it's whole swathes of the population they want to abandon Nationwide.

The remainder (also a 'large proportion') are rich, poor for other reasons which I'm sure we all agree needs some rebalancing and yes, that's where government needs to take control. First on hit list are rappers, footballers and boy/girl bands lol

Really interesting that you've selected these groups of people as first in line for the 'rebalancing' of wealth. Why is that? Im sure you'd say it's because they're overpaid for what they do, but we live in a country with a whole class tier of people are born rich and stay rich, working little (if at all), dining out on family money/connections. We could start with those if we want to 'rebalance' wealth, rather than with the people who had nothing but who worked at a talent and made their own wealth? (to echo your own sentiments).

The message seems to be that it's good to earn shit loads of money and get rich (it's a just reward for your hard work remember!) but not if you're black/poor, whatever. Then you're overpaid and don't deserve such a big salary, give back the money, know your place.

Back