Plans for a “NEW” San Antonio

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm savvy about the pickpocketers, so I know what to expect. I sorta challenged them to pickpocket me last time by being an open target, and I made them fail.

You sound pretty determined, like some anime character. The "One Punch Man" of pickpockets. That's vlog-worthy material for your next trip.

Feel your pain on the budget, sucks paying thousands just to get there. Its only more so with partner and kids in tow...:(

The restos by the fountain suck tho and should be avoided. Maybe that's what ppl are thinking of when they hear about bad restos in San An.

No, not just those ones. And sometimes it's not so much poor food as poor value. But I do admit I haven't been to San An much in recent times, so maybe I just don't know the places to go. My eating pattern in PDB/Fig tends to be a menu del dia at Fig (most of those restaurants do a great menu for an excellent price, but All Ibiza really stands out; exceptional restaurant IMO), then often just a pizza slice or tapas to keep me going if clubbing.

Eden and Es Paradis want to charge 5 Euro to 10 Euro max entry and have drink prices on a par with the West End. Keeps noise levels contained and people can still have fun to the earlier hours without spending a fortune. Get local and worker residents to keep costs low, most people just want to hear decent music anyway.

This approach is like common sense to keep everyone in San Antonio, but I bet they f*** up this massive opportunity.

Eden and Es Paradis want to charge 5 Euro to 10 Euro max entry and have drink prices on a par with the West End. Keeps noise levels contained and people can still have fun to the earlier hours without spending a fortune. Get local and worker residents to keep costs low, most people just want to hear decent music anyway.

This approach is like common sense to keep everyone in San Antonio, but I bet they f*** up this massive opportunity.

TBF, if they got those clubs buzzing again with some decent line-ups, I'd probably be curious enough to visit.

So with the new laws coming in how many bars have already said they aren't opening? Daft having places close at 3am, 3am!! shocking

So with the new laws coming in how many bars have already said they aren't opening? Daft having places close at 3am, 3am!! shocking

Be interesting to see how the bars adapt. Will we see earlier 'happy hours' to lure drinkers out earlier? Maybe 'all you can drink' offers for a couple of hours. DJ's booked for early evening sets to try and lure a crowd in early etc

It will also be interesting to see how Eden and Es Paradis react. Maybe a return of mass free/discount wristbands and PR's to try and get the crowd to move there at 3am.

Keeping things the same won't work for most in San An.

I disagree about the restos...Casa Thai is my fav in San Antonio and is almost on par with prices here.

I really don't rate Casa Thai at all- I didn't even put it on my restaurant revue elsewhere on the forum because it was just a bit rubbish. I've certainly had far better Thai food back here in England for less money. I ordered the crab spring rolls for starter and what I got was vegetable spring rolls with an added crab stick in the pastry, and whilst I appreciate that a beef massaman curry is supposed to be a bit runny the one I was served with seemed to have been watered down in both taste and consistency. I would never go there again especially when there are so many far superior restaurants and eating places dotted about San Antonio for similar money.

Last April we were gonna check out that Pom Thai place Stivi reviewed but we were that busy we ran out of time.

I mean, who the hell does Pablo Valdés think he is? WHAT?! standing up for local ressies? Wanting to call time on 40+ years of excess? the sheer arrogance of the man. hang the heathen.
Shhh.jpg

so... new closing times are on!
https://www.noudiari.es/2018/04/el-...-de-hoy-zona-de-proteccion-acustica-especial/

this is what the guys from soho in the west end wrote yesterday and today:

Soho Ibiza said:
TONIGHT TONIGHT TONIGHT!

‼️IMPORTANT UPDATE‼️

For those who don’t know, tonight is the first night of the new West End closing laws:

SOHO WILL CLOSE AT 3am TONIGHT

So PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE come down earlier than you’d normally come out and support us!

Guest DJs tonight: Dermot C, Juanito Chanclas and Alisdair Randalls, alongside myself Danny Barry.

Doors open from 9pm - see you all tonight!

Soho Ibiza said:
Well, what can I say?

First of all a MASSIVE thank you to all who came out last night for our opening party for summer 2018. So many lovely faces and it was great to catch up with everyone!

A special thanks to our guest DJs Dermot C, Juanito Chanclas and @Alisdair Randalls for playing blinding sets, and although it was truly heartbreaking to kick you all out at the new 3am closing time, the atmosphere was electric all night!

We’re now open every night until October so we hope to see you all again very soon...
Please like, share and feel free to tag all your friends who were part of this fantastic night!

Thank you x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back