Plans for a “NEW” San Antonio

Status
Not open for further replies.
JV there are lots of great local restaurants in west end streets & food is good (not cheap, but fair, es rebost de can prat, ), i was even surprised myself to only remember KFC :oops: & other kebap shit when goin to west end

I had tapas in one place, I remember it being okay, at least not as overpriced as in bits of Ibiza Town. ;) Bottom line is I just can't think of many reasons to go back to San An these days; if they're trying to get rid of trash tourism, if that's what you want to call it, there doesn't seem to be much to replace it with. Best things about San An were always sunset strip (before gentrification) and being able to sit down at a table in the west end and talk to whoever was near you (important that you could sit outside and talk rather than have to shout over music inside). I'll be sticking with PDB/Fig/Ibiza Town area now.

Well, I struggled the last time I was there, just following my own nose. Remember one fab meal (Mexican place), an okay, over-priced meal with slow service (Golden Buddha) and the rest was either forgettable or dire. Figueretas I always get something good. Even PDB I've had better grub.
There are loads of good places to eat in San Antonio, trust me, and a few not at all far from Mexicana which is the Tex-Mex restaurant you ate at which I admit is pretty good.

Excellent article and well thought out. I think the consull naively believe that if the West End is closed down the prostitutes, pick-pockets, muggers and other assorted scumbags will simply evaporate. Of course they won't- they'll just move into neighbouring areas because that's what they do. And as for developers buying up on the cheap.... That's all well and good but when the area is re-developed who is going to live and/or run a business there? With property prices as they are in Ibiza it will certainly price-out most if not all of the locals

How those Women are allowed to operate 24/7 outside Eden every summer without getting nicked is a complete mystery. I cross the road to avoid them.
This has been discussed plenty in other threads and i'd have to agree

I've always been very suspicious how they can so brazenly operate, everyone knows what they're at, yet the police do little to nothing about it

Last edited:
Well, I struggled the last time I was there, just following my own nose. Remember one fab meal (Mexican place), an okay, over-priced meal with slow service (Golden Buddha) and the rest was either forgettable or dire. Figueretas I always get something good. Even PDB I've had better grub.

You aren’t looking properly. PDB better for somewhere to eat than San Antonio? Your having a laugh.

I had tapas in one place, I remember it being okay, at least not as overpriced as in bits of Ibiza Town. ;) Bottom line is I just can't think of many reasons to go back to San An these days; if they're trying to get rid of trash tourism, if that's what you want to call it, there doesn't seem to be much to replace it with. Best things about San An were always sunset strip (before gentrification) and being able to sit down at a table in the west end and talk to whoever was near you (important that you could sit outside and talk rather than have to shout over music inside). I'll be sticking with PDB/Fig/Ibiza Town area now.

Don’t think you get it then. PDB? Really?

Don’t think you get it then. PDB? Really?

If you stay at the right end of PDB, you're only 10 min walk to Fig/30 min walk to Ibiza Town. Much better options than staying in San An IMO. TBF, the few times I've eaten in PDB, it's usually on recommendation, so not the same as going somewhere random-ish in San An. I mostly eat in Fig, and San An can't really beat that strip for eating (combination of food, view and vibe).

JVod, next time you're in San An try

Tapas (reasonably priced) down round the Egg direction or
Chiringuito around Cala Gracio (pricey but the setting is class)

Es Ventall is on my list this time

We'll change your mind yet...

Es ventall was the name i forgot , i ate twice ibz 17, nice place kind of a garden,nice gourmet food, (portions are not big even yummyh) if i go back it will be for their paella

El reencuentro Carrer de la mar 5 on the list with (anyone been there?)
El rincon de pepe , just enter the place last year but was closed when back from Es ventall around 3pm...for local place its not really cheap as told @craig72 as raising their price but will give a try once.
Never been to tapas, on the list too , just once...
i got a list of 40 restaurants to do, don't know if ill have time to do 1/2 :D

Last edited:
JVod, next time you're in San An try

Unlikely to be a next time, especially with these new restrictions. Even if the food is good, I can't think of much else to do in San An now! The last time I was there was only really to see LCD Soundsystem at Ibiza Rocks... Only other thing that might draw me back is sunsets, but I've seen loads of those over the years.

u r right for mambo/Cafe del mar sunsets,even stunning (& commercial ) ive seen too manys
The only reasons to get back are some events close by

Zoo project?
Mambo preparties with djs u r keen on?at 9h30pm , Radio 1 bbc events saved early august :cool:
Es Paraside Eden parties?
No events at ibz rocks hotel as long as im concerned

i can't wait to eat at those San an restaurants on my list(3-4), even not having purpose to go to San an i always got some mates housing San an, the purpose for a good lunch/dinner :cool:

Stayed in and around San An last 2 trips, after a gap of around 15 years, when I'd always stay on the east side. I think it's a much better area now than it has been for a long time, and has far more to offer than PDB (and Fig). Obv the West End is what it is, but surely anyone over the age of 19 should know better than to go there anyway....

My views is, San An is great when you're a kid on your first couple of Ibiza trips, then you get a bit older and realise it's shit, and the rest of the island has more going for it, then you get a bit older again, and realise it's actually great, as long as you avoid the places full of people on their first Ibiza trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back