PIKES

Holy shit. So much fun last night. 10 hour stint in total. Crowd just the right size, busy but never got out of hand. Rob da Bank laying down the balearic energy early doors whilst we had pizzas by the pool. Didn't mix anything lol. Felt like crowd really got into it overall. Never got near the tennis court either! Barely bothered with Freddies. That packed out immediately and music was pretty boring Adobe-style kiddie techno. Plaza Mayor on the other hand was awesome, esp last 2 hours. Ok, Dribbler flopped (sorry, Russ) but everyone else nailed it. So many TUNES, metro area stuff i'd never heard + some faves: tiga, chicken lips, a few terje party pleasers IIRC, paperclip people, goody, ten city.. oh sweet jesus.. lethal firepower unleashed. Towards the end, I started to get a second wind, + saw some very unexpected old faces from London in one of those very Ibiza WTF moments. No idea who the djs were alternating but remember Leo played some nice bits but all a bit sketchy. Anyways, don't be put off by the horror stories. Someone said the chavvier element only really infiltrate on Saturdays so we dodged a bullet there. The staff were amazing. Must be exhausting at times doing that gig. Anyway, Round 2 tonight.. 💥

If they're taking photo ID at the door tonight, does anyone know if they'll accept a photo of a passport? I'm taking my driving licence but the wife has left hers at home and wary of taking her passport out with us...

Last edited:
Regardless of the fact that I still haven't received my bag, yesterday I didn't want to miss the second night in a row. I went to buy the first shirt I could fit in the tourist trap next to the hotel and we decided to go to Pikes. Me, my new "tourist's shirt" and my friend were there a little before midnight and got in without queuing. We toured the place once, to check what kind of changes have been made since last year. I really liked it, and I don't think there were too many people there, even though there were a lot of people. Yesterday I didn't get to meet any of the forum members, but today that will surely be fixed, I hope! I was also able to buy new clothes (in addition to the travel insurance), so I'm really looking forward to the evening!

In. Loitering 😁 wearing a T-shirt that looks like part of a chemical brothers light show and have a stupid manbun tonight if anybody wants to say hello 😁

After hating on it last week:

° Better than the gravel car park to wait in
° Safer
° Needs a more permanent "holding area" than a fricking tennis court

Back