PIKES

I have no ide what you look like. Please say hi if you see me. I’ve left Freddie’s as it’s hard work. Currently in a queue for the ladies which is at least 20 mins

I have no ide what you look like. Please say hi if you see me. I’ve left Freddie’s as it’s hard work. Currently in a queue for the ladies which is at least 20 mins
Sorry 😆if I spent any more time staring at women's feet trying to find the pink stripe adidas I was going to get flung out :D.

Last edited:
Well.. We got in around half past eleven. The place was already comfortably full and the atmosphere was great. It was difficult to get the first drink when all the bars weren't open yet. When finally at at eleven we were able to order a drink, I couldn't believe my ears! Club Tropicana started playing and I wondered if the drinks were free. And yes they were! Harvey did his best and the music was excellent, the women were beautiful and the men handsome and in some cases the other way around. The evening was spent cruising around Pikes, because Freddie's was perhaps hotter than ever before. During the evening I met andrewthemod_1978 and fhmsparkle. The music stopped around six o'clock, maybe after about eight "one more song". I was kind of waiting for September Morn, or some other super sweet love ballad at the end, but this kind of ending this time. I still loved it!

Just realised that I think I also met fhmsparkle. Think we went in together and chatted by the pool at the start for a while. Things started kicking in then and I needed to walk about a bit 😂

Tried Shazaming a couple of times with no luck. Other trainspotters around me were having more joy I noticed.

Recognised a few tunes but hardly any.

As he opened the room it was something cinematic, I overheard someone say the theme tune from Harry Potter but not sure. Then it was The Doors ‘Break on Through…’ before an AC/DC Bee Gees mashup (that somehow really worked).

Rose Laurens ’American Love’ was quite early and sounded epic. Love that song. A very fun Spanish cover of All Night Long. There was another track at around 3 with a male Spanish vocal which sounded amazing.

I got there really early just before 10 and was straight in no issues. Chatted by the pool waiting for things to get going. Spotted a few DJs there and everyone I chatted to was super friendly, including the girl who was hating it, only there with friends and was looking forward to OBeach the next day much more.

The temperature inside the main dance floor was insane. Hottest and busiest I’ve ever seen Pikes. A wall of heat that hit you as soon as you stepped into the room. Shout out to the guy on the main dance floor in a blazer 🤯

I managed some time in front of the booth but you couldn’t really dance there. The side rooms / back were better but whereas the back is usually quiet it was very busy there too.

Having the sound in Plaza Mayor was good and I loved the fan which gave some respite after Freddie’s. At one point there was a lot of people dancing there and the atmosphere was good.

I can understand people bailing early. At one point I was debating it but powered through and lasted until just gone 4.

I wonder if Harvey will be back in 2025 at Pikes?

Just realised that I think I also met fhmsparkle. Think we went in together and chatted by the pool at the start for a while. Things started kicking in then and I needed to walk about a bit 😂

Tried Shazaming a couple of times with no luck. Other trainspotters around me were having more joy I noticed.

As he opened the room it was something cinematic, I overheard someone say the theme tune from Harry Potter but not sure. Then it was The Doors ‘Break on Through…’ before an AC/DC Bee Gees mashup (that somehow really worked).

Rose Laurens ’American Love’ was quite early and sounded epic. Love that song. A very fun Spanish cover of All Night Long. There was another track at around 3 with a male Spanish vocal which sounded amazing.

I got there really early just before 10 and was straight in no issues. Chatted by the pool waiting for things to get going. Spotted a few DJs there and everyone I chatted to was super friendly, including the girl who was hating it, only there with friends and was looking forward to OBeach the next day much more.

The temperature inside the main dance floor was insane. Hottest and busiest I’ve ever seen Pikes. A wall of heat that hit you as soon as you stepped into the room. Shout out to the guy on the main dance floor in a blazer 🤯

I managed some time in front of the booth but you couldn’t really dance there. The side rooms / back were better but whereas the back is usually quiet it was very busy there too.

Having the sound in Plaza Mayor was good and I loved the fan which gave some respite after Freddie’s. At one point there was a lot of people dancing there and the atmosphere was good.

I can understand people bailing early. At one point I was debating it but powered through and lasted until just gone 4.

Haha that’s random! Was nice to meet you! Glad you had a good night :)

Been clubbing for nearly 35 years and have attended xsome epic parties but last night really is up there with the very best. Outstanding music, top crowd, excellent sound, did not stop dancing for last 3 hours. It was certainly too hot/busy at times but i eventually found a few sweet spots. I didn't bother trying to id anything. Futile. Within the first 30 minutes I was already gobsmacked. Unbelievable selections. A sonic orgasm. You were instantly carried along, immersed. The man is an alchemist, a prophet, an interplanetary spiritual leader. People had flown everywhere to be a part of it, there was even a girl there from Western Samoa ffs. Hype aside though, he knows how to throw a party and ultimately what else do you want?

*My screen is a massive blur so forgive any typos. Have literally just got back from afters in Cala Pada ☠️

* Shout out to guy in neck brace. There's commitment

** Sadly didn't cross paths with anyone off here. Glad everyone enjoyed though

It was way too hot for me to last in there so I was happy to chill outside with a few beers, lasted till 1:30ish. I wanted to be fresh for today/tonight as this is the night for me. I’ve been and had a breakfast at La Cantina and had 2 beers so far, looking forward to Amnesia tonight, Lange b2b with Signum should be a great set.

We're lying by the pool now just talking about how good last night was.
We arrived, queued briefly and we were in there well before 11, my wife wasn't super sold on it initially, we first ventured into Freddie's just after the door opened and she had to bail out, too claustrophobic and hot.

After some chemical persuasion we were back in there by 1215 and didn't stop dancing until 0430, it was hot & sweaty but the music and atmosphere was so good we didn't care.

Rehydrating by the pool today and contemplating tomorrow's options!

Spanish singer was deffo Julio Iglesias. I actually heard it poolside the day before so my guess is some edit promo is doing the rounds? My friend informed me he kicked off with William Orbit aquarium as everyone was filing in. Beautiful intro. I actually thought it was Pink Floyd or Jean Michel Jarre initially! Followed by the cheeky DJ Disse remix of the Doors which I have somewhere. Queen you don't fool me (circa 4am) sounded as amazing and expansive as it did in 2019, but that rework of deodato space odyssey is the one I really need to track down. Bet it goes for top dollar. Generally I really wasn't in nerd mode though and that is about as much as I can remember

Spanish singer was deffo Julio Iglesias. I actually heard it poolside the day before so my guess is some edit promo is doing the rounds? My friend informed me he kicked off with William Orbit aquarium as everyone was filing in. Beautiful intro. I actually thought it was Pink Floyd or Jean Michel Jarre initially! Followed by the cheeky DJ Disse remix of the Doors which I have somewhere. Queen you don't fool me (circa 4am) sounded as amazing and expansive as it did in 2019, but that rework of deodato space odyssey is the one I really need to track down. Bet it goes for top dollar. Generally I really wasn't in nerd mode though and that is about as much as I can remember
You feeling nice and fresh? 10am is some effort🥴

You feeling nice and fresh? 10am is some effort🥴

Have this strange ability to write even when totally spangled haha. Managed about 4 hours' kip. The hire car is currently in a sandpit near Cala Gracio where we originally planned on heading for a swim after the party but that got derailed when someone invited us to some ketty afters near us in Cala Pada, so now have to somehow get back to the car in SA with my door key and beach stuff inside 😂

Back