Pikes 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think they would stop you using the pool, well, unless it was really super packed, but you might not have a bed/table if they're fully booked. To be sure, I would book a day bed in addition to your restaurant reservation. The deposit is spent in next to no time!

I don't think they would stop you using the pool, well, unless it was really super packed, but you might not have a bed/table if they're fully booked. To be sure, I would book a day bed in addition to your restaurant reservation. The deposit is spent in next to no time!
Appreciate this. I missed that you can book a daybed! That’s what we will do in that case.

I still feel a bit confused about Pikes. If I have a table booked for evening drinks am I allowed to turn up earlier and use the pool? Or would I need to have specifically booked for brunch or similar to do that?
Also, especially if coming on a Sunday and you are wanting to swim, I recommend bringing your own towel as they had run out two Sundays ago. Entry is from your arrival time and on busier days (especially Sunday) they are quite strict.

Visiting as a day guest definitely opened my eyes to the preferential treatment hotel guests get. When we stayed as hotel guests, service was very swift but less so when we arrived we day guests.

Also, especially if coming on a Sunday and you are wanting to swim, I recommend bringing your own towel as they had run out two Sundays ago. Entry is from your arrival time and on busier days (especially Sunday) they are quite strict.

Visiting as a day guest definitely opened my eyes to the preferential treatment hotel guests get. When we stayed as hotel guests, service was very swift but less so when we arrived we day guests.
All good intel. Appreciate the heads up!

Choose Love!
We're proud to be holding a charity raffle to help raise funds for our friends at Choose Love / Help Refugees with some amazing prizes up for grabs, including a 2-night stay at Pikes and our latest collaboration with Terry de Havilland (amongst many more!).
All donations will go towards supporting projects providing vital aid and services to Afghan people who have fled the country: clothes, shelter, support for children and groups protecting women and children’s rights. These are things no one should go without.
Learn More ›

Join us at Marston Park this weekend
We're back at Marston Park this weekend for one final shindig in the Somerset countryside.
We'll be joined by Groove Armada, Horse Meat Disco, PBR Streetgang and more. Last few weekend and day tickets available.
Learn More ›

Join us at Pikes this month
Looking to join us for a night at Pikes this month? You better be quick! Our September nights are filling up fast, as we welcome a host of family and friends to join us behind the decks. Expect music, mischief and magic after dark.
Learn More ›

Appreciate this. I missed that you can book a daybed! That’s what we will do in that case.

As dayguests last Sunday, we just stuck our bags under the round table at the end of the pool. A few people moaned about slowness of service but seemed ok to me. A lot of fun just hanging out on those submerged stools.

* shout out to Andres y Xavi, Kathy, Sam, Russ, Gripper if any of them are lurking! What an evening that was! 😀

Last edited:
Is there a minimum to spend at Pikes, we want to go some nights?
We were staying there as hotel guests last month, so there was no minimum spend (we still had to book a table at night for the Sunset Terrace which caught quite a few guests out).

But there was a minimum spend for tables on the Sunset Terrace (at night) and some evenings / Sundays by the pool. It wasn’t that much though - think €50-100 per table, not per person. Usually €50 (unless someone like Fatboy Slim was on). So easy to reach.

One extravagant pizza aside, I paid zilch during our 7 hours there, blagging occasional drinks as designated driver. Spent whole time in and around the pool. I didn't see anyone sat at tables or even on loungers (used primarily as storage facilities) everyone seemed to be gathered around the water, bar or DJ area. I liked the waitress with the mad sunglasses.

*Anyway, this'll be good next Tuesday 21st. (I think Stivi already mentioned it in gossip) a Balearic alldayer celebrating Ibiza's DJ heritage since the 1980s. I think there is also a book promotion Q&A which Andy Wilson is chairing. Very gutted to miss it. All good guys who share a lot of my thinking on music/stuff.

+ Homies on the 23rd with Kalabrese will be really good too - super selector.

Does anyone know whether if we had a booking in Pamela's we'd be able to see / experience any of the Pike's Nights event happening at the same time, or would we be removed from that?

Does anyone know whether if we had a booking in Pamela's we'd be able to see / experience any of the Pike's Nights event happening at the same time, or would we be removed from that?
what night of the week? Friday to Monday will be difficult and you should try to make a separate booking for the sunset terrace or poolside after your meal. If there's already no availability, just try your luck on the night. They will try to accommodate you - especially if they know you're big spenders

what night of the week? Friday to Monday will be difficult and you should try to make a separate booking for the sunset terrace or poolside after your meal. If there's already no availability, just try your luck on the night. They will try to accommodate you - especially if they know you're big spenders
Thanks. Thursday (tomorrow), the event is sold out so Pamela's the only route in, couldn't work out whether it would be worth it. Was hoping once we were in we could manoeuvre our way to the bar area somehow...

I tried to book but the booking page didn't
accept me dont know why, send an e-mail (to Pikes)but got a message from
hotmail that they could not send it, and
that I should call Pikes?
(Got the book gf like it.)
Yesterday I booked another night, and it
worked again.

write to Christian. Tell him you have a lot of serious Ibiza history. He might be interested to discuss with you as they covered a lot of the 70s/80s in the book.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back